+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

joshijay3006

May 14, 2018
Hello Guys, i am probably repeating this question, do we have to make principal applicant mycic account to link paper application?

I spoke with cic customer care agent today and that’s what she advise me. Agent also told me,I will never be able to link application through my mycic account. Thank you in advance!

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi All, I applied under PGP 2019 for my parents using my PR card as the document of residence. However in a month I will going through the Citizenship Oath ceremony and right there they will take away my PR card.

What should I do in this case, as CIC can ask for the same sponsor PR card later when the PGP application is under processing?
Not sure if you know it or not, in the back of the citizenship certificate, there is a UCI#. So IRCC will be aware of your situation once your citizenship application is in the system.

As soon as you apply for citizenship, let them know about it. They will probably ask a copy of the citizenship certificate, but given the processing time, that might never happen.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
These federal call center agents are compensated for this kind of work environment. I believe they are unionized. I work in the public sector. We have unionized call center agents as well. Their hourly rate is $30+ plus hourly bonus for night shift+ overtime pay for holidays. Some of them make $100k per year.
If your hourly pay is over $30, I don't see how you possibly make over $100k with regular+overtimes. There is a limit of overtime hours for public sector union employee.

PS: I also work in the public sector.

Reactions: newandold

harrygne

Star Member
Jun 22, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh (online)
App. Filed.......
04-07-2014
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
land on 20-08-2014
Hello Guys, i am probably repeating this question, do we have to make principal applicant mycic account to link paper application?

I spoke with cic customer care agent today and that’s what she advise me. Agent also told me,I will never be able to link application through my mycic account. Thank you in advance!
Yes, She is right.

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
If your hourly pay is over $30, I don't see how you possibly make over $100k with regular+overtimes. There is a limit of overtime hours for public sector union employee.

At least i didn’t see a clause restricting over time hours in our collective agreement. You can check Ontario sunshine list and you will find unionized people who have made it to the list with overtime pay.

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016

Our call center is staffed 24/7. Night shifts, a couple of dollars more per hour. Regular overtime is 1.5 times and statutory holiday 2 or 3 times i don’t remember.

Anyway, this is off topic. Maybe mod will come out and delete again. lol

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
In the past, I have noticed that, (with my other application like super visa or student visa application), email was sent even there was no change in the status. Like some one may have update something in the application. However, I must tell that the email I used to get was not from the department or agent but was more like automated mycic update. This was like 4 year back.

thanks...
I think your MyCIC account was signed up for monthly email notifications, go to profile page.

member1793562

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
At least i didn’t see a clause restricting over time hours in our collective agreement. You can check Ontario sunshine list and you will find unionized people who have made it to the list with overtime pay.

Oops, looks like I just distracted everyone. LOL. All right guys let's get back to PGP discussion! :) Just 1 day left before "generous" liberal gate closes.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
48 hrs max a week, ON Labour Law. There are other union position with higher salaries, but I don't see a call center agent making more then $65-$75.

If you know any union people in the sunshine people, I would be very interested to see it, please send me a direct msg. Thanks & yes this is off topic..we can stop here.

member1793562

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
48 hrs max a week, ON Labour Law. There are other union position with higher salaries, but I don't see a call center agent making more then $65-$75.

If you know any union people in the sunshine people, I would be very interested to see it, please send me a direct msg. Thanks & yes this is off topic..we can stop here.

I wish CIC employees get overtime pay for processing PGP applications. Wouldn't that be cool?

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017

My application was linked with sponsors account. In fact, I don't think it matters at all whose account to be used to link. I bet you can use any random account to link, as long as you get the info correct then should be able to find your application.

What you do need is the PA's info..

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
My application was linked with sponsors account. In fact, I don't think it matters at all whose account to be used to link. I bet you can use any random account to link, as long as you get the info correct then should be able to find your application.

What you do need is the PA's info..
Agreed.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
Did we get a response from his VO Brother yet?
Nope. I was really hoping we would get some feedback on:

a. The fact that few people do have AoR's before June 28th; and
b. The behind the scene's process per a CIC agent & emerging trends. Oh, and also the "Crazy Intern Theory"...LOLZ

@ayaan2019 ?

Last edited: