+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I got another letter today that says I meet requirement to be eligible to sponsor my parents. My lawyer just sent it to me.

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. This office was selected based on
your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act."

Strange though since my parents home address is Singapore but the processing office is CPC Mississauga?

What is this letter called?
Your very qualified, very expensive lawyer don't know the answer for this?

This is the SA email and your LVO is CPC M.

MayaSa

Sep 20, 2019
So while waiting for my parent’s AOR to arrive, I decided to apply for mom’s visitor visa, and I just found out that it got refused on the ground that they don’t believe she will return back. She has come and go before without any issues and this is the first visa refusal. I am assuming it is linked to my PGP sponsorship application for her. Has it happened to anyone else?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017

Thank you

They dont call it the terms you say. What does SA stand for? And LVO?

The lawyer called the letter (spr eligibility met)

Is it common to have people have case processing office in canada even if their parents home address are in another country?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
are you really sure ?

because i saw many of cases where visitor visa rejected.
Your parent(s) will have to show that they have very strong ties to your hmlome countey like a job, property, family members that depend on them, proof that they can fund their visit and proof of international travel to countries similar to Canada that require visas.

If it seems like your parent(s) is trying to move and live with you in Canada they will be refused. In general it is best to get established and get a job first but if your parents are well off and travel often and have proof they will return home soon yes they could be approved.

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter

Hahahahhha !!!! That’s an awesome reply

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey'all!

I have finally received an e-mail from CIC - ten min ago:

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent Residence for your relative will be forwarded to Mexico for further processing. This office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act."

I am Brazilian, living in Canada - mom lives here with me. I know it doesn't matter but.. why the heck would they send my file to Mexico?! I haven't read this forum in a while so maybe something happened and I am unaware.. anyone with thoughts?
Youe mother is visiting you in Canada and they habe decided to process all Latin and South American applications is seems.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
May have indicated his mother's residential address as Canada. He may be he exception to the general trend. Others have indicated being processed in Mexico.
But if his mom is in canada why dont they send it to a canadian LVO?

I find it strange also that my parents are in Singapore but the LVO for them is CPC Mississauga?

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. This office was selected based on
your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

My lawyers reply was

All applications go through the 1st stage in Mississauga

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
So while waiting for my parent’s AOR to arrive, I decided to apply for mom’s visitor visa, and I just found out that it got refused on the ground that they don’t believe she will return back. She has come and go before without any issues and this is the first visa refusal. I am assuming it is linked to my PGP sponsorship application for her. Has it happened to anyone else?
Yes it is likely related to PGP. Given the PGP application it is pretty clear that she doesn't plan on visiting temporarily.