+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
Hi All,

My parents have given the medical exam a week ago. How many days will it reflect online on CIC? and will it be on ecas or mycic?

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
But clearly not everyone here has the processing centre as Mississauga?

So I duno why my lawyer said that. Anyway at the end all that matters is that we get the PR for our parents.

Good luck everyone!
your lawyer is right that all applications go through stage 1 at mississauga.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
So when you get the SA it will say CPC Mississauga for everyone?

Or is receiving SA not stage 1.
According to your letter, your application has moved to CPC-M for second stage.
For first stage, Missisauga is the office for everyone.
For second, no one knows the exact rule, may be it just depends on the processing officer where they send it, could be an office in back home or Canada.

But yours is stage 2 now and Case processing centre is Mississauga.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
But if his mom is in canada why dont they send it to a canadian LVO?

I find it strange also that my parents are in Singapore but the LVO for them is CPC Mississauga?

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative will be processed at CPC-Mississauga. This office was selected based on
your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

My lawyers reply was

All applications go through the 1st stage in Mississauga
my application is going sideways on every stop it seems.. papers were delivered on the 3rd, CIC says it was rcv'd on the 16th. Couldn't link my mom's application because the city of birth was spelled incorrectly, now Mexico is reviewing it.. not that it matters though.. we will all get to the end-goal eventually :)

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
But clearly not everyone here has the processing centre as Mississauga?

So I duno why my lawyer said that. Anyway at the end all that matters is that we get the PR for our parents.

So when you get the SA it will say CPC Mississauga for everyone?

Or is receiving SA not stage 1.
cpc-m sends out all SA letters. In that letter, it specifies what your LVO will be. Then starts stage 2.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi All,

My parents have given the medical exam a week ago. How many days will it reflect online on CIC? and will it be on ecas or mycic?
in my cic looks like "passed medical"
e-case looks like "medical received"

Reactions: sagar416

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
According to your letter, your application has moved to CPC-M for second stage.
For first stage, Missisauga is the office for everyone.
For second, no one knows the exact rule, may be it just depends on the processing officer where they send it, could be an office in back home or Canada.

But yours is stage 2 now and Case processing centre is Mississauga.
Thanks for sharing.

Is it faster at Mississauga?

lylas

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Hi everyone!

I've also received an e-mail today that says I meet requirement to be eligible to sponsor my mom.

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative will be processed in Manila. This office was selected based on
your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act."

My mom is currently in Manila :)

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hi everyone!

I've also received an e-mail today that says I meet requirement to be eligible to sponsor my mom.

"You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative will be processed in Manila. This office was selected based on
your relative’s home address and the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act."

My mom is currently in Manila :)
Congrats. Looks like they chose the local visa office in Manila for you.

Reactions: lylas

krsna05

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-8-2014
Doc's Request.
12-5-2015
Med's Request
26-5-2015
Med's Done....
10-6-2015 TLU
Passport Req..
13-08-2015
@YULIA-2016 @robertp
By god’s grace, I got Biometric yesterday.
Sponsorship -Decision Made today 9/20
Principal applicant- Inprocess 9/18

What to expect now. I have not received any sponsorship approval letter regarding DM or Medical request yet...

Reactions: robertp

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
Thanks for sharing.

Is it faster at Mississauga?
Can not say much about that.
As per the tracker, it seems like they are fast in sending medical requests but later so far only 3-4 people got PCC requests from CPC-M.

Almost everyone with Mississauga office is waiting for PCC after the medicals (except 3-4 people who got it).

Whereas some overseas visa offices are requesting pcc and medicals together (some not all of them though)