+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

RajaJi

Jan 28, 2012
Mailed my application today. Forgot to write the names in Native Language on Form IMM 5406 - Additional Family Information. Will this be returned as Incomplete? or Will I be asked to resubmit the Form? Thanks.

Reactions: iengineer86

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Hello @gst8486 ,
First of all, Thank you for all the assistance and insights you provide to everyone on this forum which help answering few queries by looking at your reply to others. I have a follow up question to the above explanation you provided with regards to my used case, hoping that you can help me out as well.

In my case, tho employed by the same company since 2010 , the name of the Parent Company have changed due to mergers and acquisitions over the period) and also I was moved under the US sister company briefly ( the name of the company changed and was paid in USD) and was later transferred back under the Canadian registered firm.
With regards to providing the employment history :-
1. Shall I give the name of the current employer with the details, or
2. Should I provide the details of the different names with company after the mergers , tho I did not receive any new offer letters or salary. The only major change was the transfer to the US firm and the back who by the same employer. I do have a employment reference letter which states my employment with the company since 2010.

Please advice. Thank you in Advance!
Thanks for the kind words Leo_1983 :)
Your best bet is to go as per the names of companies mentioned in your T4s. Let me explain you with some examples.

2017-01 to 2017-12 Company Name: XYZ (Formally known as VVR) Address: 1245, Calvin St, Montreal
2016-08 to 2016-12 Company Name: VVR Address: 1245, Calvin St, Montreal
2016-04 to 2016-12 Company Name: VVR (Deputed in US for a project) Address: 1245, Calvin St, Montreal
2016-01 to 2016-03 Company Name: VVR Address: 1245, Calvin St, Montreal
2015-05 to 2015-12 Company Name: VVR Address: 1245, Great St, Toronto
2015 -01 to 2015-04 Company Name: VVR Address: 1245, Calvin St, Montreal

Assuming you are working for a company called VVR who's name has been changed to XYZ in the year 2017. In the year 2015 the VVR company sent you to work for a sister company called SIS, but your T4 mentions that through the year 2015 you worked for VVR, your best bet is to put VVR with the address of the sister company. This address should be reflected in your personal history section of your form too.But if you received two T4s with one saying VVR and other saying SIS, you should report them under those names (mentioned in T4).
For your work in US, if space allows, mention 'Deputed in US for project' or something better just give an idea to IRCC officer that you were still working for a Canadian company, you don't have to mention US address here, but make sure you mention that US address in the personal history section of form.
Ultimately, IRCC is interested in knowing how much you made annually in year 2015, 2016 and 2017 and the name of the company should match with T4s. I would also recommend you to provide a letter of explaination to IRCC to explain the whole situation i.e. name change, US project etc. Hopefully, the above example/ explanation helps. Hit like if it helps. Good Luck!

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Received the below reminder from IRCC:

Dear Client,

This e-mail is a friendly reminder regarding the Parents and Grandparents Program. The deadline for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to receive your complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents is quickly approaching.Please read the attachment for very important information on the submission of your application.

The attachment is formatted as a PDF file. In order to open and read this file you will need a program capable of opening .PDFs. One such program is Adobe Reader, it is free to use and available at the following link: www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

Disclaimer: By supplying your e-mail address, you are initiating an e-mail communication with IRCC and thereby authorizing IRCC to use your e-mail address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case. Also, please be advised that the contents of this e-mail, including its attachment, are intended for the exclusive use of the recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from reading, using, disclosing, copying, or distributing this e-mail or any of its contents. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify IRCC using the IRCC Web Form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp and permanently delete this e-mail and its attachments, along with any copies thereof. Thank you.

Reactions: iengineer86

Nkhlkumar

Jun 6, 2016
Quick question guys my parents are having a delay to courier the application forms to me however they've scanned these copies and sent it to me , can I submit the scanned copies rather than the original documents and send it to IRCC

ashique_tas

Jan 23, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-10
Doc's Request.
25-06-10
Nomination.....
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR @ 25-06-10;2nd AOR @ 12-10-10
IELTS Request
25-06-10
File Transfer...
26-09-10;Updated docs sent on 21st Feb,2012.
Med's Request
Issued @ 5th July,2012.Received@17th July,2012 By the grace of Almighty Allah!!
Med's Done....
21st July,2012;received by SGVO @ 25th July & docs reached at 2nd Aug by the grace of Allah
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
By the grace of Allah 19.09.2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the grace of Allah 29.10.2012
LANDED..........
By the grace of Allah 4th Feb,2013.
Quick question guys my parents are having a delay to courier the application forms to me however they've scanned these copies and sent it to me , can I submit the scanned copies rather than the original documents and send it to IRCC
Nope.it needs to be originally signed by the parents.Any sort of scanned signatures wont be accepted.so dont take that chance.

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Mailed my application today. Forgot to write the names in Native Language on Form IMM 5406 - Additional Family Information. Will this be returned as Incomplete? or Will I be asked to resubmit the Form? Thanks.
Hello Raja,

I read on the forum that they will ask you to resubmit your forum or you can also send a case specific inquiry or you can send a LOE with the attached form.
Hope this helps.
But don't worry it will not be rejected based on this.
Good Luck

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Hi ,
No you need to submit the original copies with the physical signatires on them, from india its taking around 4 business days to send the doc. and charges are around 4000Rs.

thanks,

iengineer86

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Received the below reminder from IRCC:

Dear Client,

This e-mail is a friendly reminder regarding the Parents and Grandparents Program. The deadline for Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to receive your complete application to sponsor your parents and grandparents is quickly approaching.Please read the attachment for very important information on the submission of your application.

The attachment is formatted as a PDF file. In order to open and read this file you will need a program capable of opening .PDFs. One such program is Adobe Reader, it is free to use and available at the following link: www.adobe.com/products/reader.html

Disclaimer: By supplying your e-mail address, you are initiating an e-mail communication with IRCC and thereby authorizing IRCC to use your e-mail address for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case. Also, please be advised that the contents of this e-mail, including its attachment, are intended for the exclusive use of the recipient and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from reading, using, disclosing, copying, or distributing this e-mail or any of its contents. If you received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify IRCC using the IRCC Web Form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp and permanently delete this e-mail and its attachments, along with any copies thereof. Thank you.
Same here Gst,

Reactions: gst8486

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
How does one check E-Case status for sponsor? I see in the excel sheet that everyone's status is "Application received" for sponsor.
technically application is received ;)

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
Based on what I have read in this forum, IRCC has asked for original forms (no scanned). When is the courier suppose to arrive? There are still about 2 weeks left, even if the courier arrives by May 20 (taking the worst scenario), you can send the application package to IRCC on morning of 21 via PRIORITY - Next day delivery option of Canada post. Meanwhile I will recommend you to review the other documents and keep everything ready.
Just to help you here are some key points:
- Make sure that the letter for invitation you received via email from IRCC is on top of the application package.
- Make sure write Name and Date of Birth on the back of two photographs of applicant and other people in the application. Also, make sure the name and address of the studio is also on the back with the signatures of photographer.
- Put photographs in a small envelope, seal it and attach it with application package with a paper clip
- Do not staple any document

zheka

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Any idea what happens on ECAS when there are two unrelated applications are in progress simultaneously ? Example: Canadian Citizenship and Parent's Sponsorship
You will see both as I imagine. I see only my previously completed citizenship application. No sponsorship app yet...

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
Took roughly 2-3 days via DHL express shipping to get documents from the other side of the world couriered to me.