Pakistani Applicants for Express Entry, Let's Network Here

YUPPPP

Star Member
Oct 28, 2013
Hello Folks

Can you please advise me on the number of points i can have

I have a bachelors in Computer Science (3 yrs) Karachi
Masters in Business Adminsitration 2 yrs Karachi
Masters in HRM Australia (2 semesters completed )

3-5 yrs work experience as Asst Manager Marketing

I need to take IELTS and need to get my credentials assessed.

Do i need to get all my credentials assessed or only the highest degree.

Will i get points for bachelors and masters / or only masters will be counted.

How are points calculated. for example

If Masters leads to 135
Bacherlors lead to 120
will they combine be 255 or it will only be 135 for masters and bachelors will be null and void.

Thank you for your replies

Regards

F

nickarter84

Champion Member
Nov 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
LANDED..........
10-08-2016
hash1990 said:
please guide what's the status/benefit of local french language course i.e from NUML.
shall i get more CRS point from that?Huh?

looking forward to hearing from you.
It will be beneficial for you. However, if you want to learn French just to increase points then its a waste of time, consider Provincial Nomination for additional 600 points.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
nickarter84 said:
It will be beneficial for you. However, if you want to learn French just to increase points then its a waste of time, consider Provincial Nomination for additional 600 points.
Just to clarify this a bit, learning French can score you points for a second language in addition to English or vice versa. Choose which ever you know better (scored higher in) as first language since it has more weightage.

But if learning French is advised as a supporting argument for provincial nomination, the primary province where French is of major significance is Quebec. And they haven't had exactly started express entry until lately.

Though they initiated some changes in Nov 2015, I am not clear yet if it is substitute of express entry.

In case it was not known express entry is for all of Canada EXCEPT Quebec. Quebec has a separate immigration program and you first have to apply and get Certificate du selection from the Province and then apply to CIC for PR.

But the important point is that the application is none of FSW, CEC or normal PNP program. Those are not for Quebec.

Hence the process, timelines and requirements could be significantly different. You would also need to kind of convince them of your intent to stay and live in Quebec - which really is easy if you only know French or at least are significantly better at it.

nz

Star Member
Oct 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone share what their bank reference letter says? I asked the bank, and they just issued me something called a maintenance certificate that just mentions the account, date opened and that its active. Is this what everyone has or should I be asking for something else?

Please share, thanks.

Sky-Walker

Jun 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2016
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2016
IELTS Request
With Application
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
ALHAMDULLIAH
LANDED..........
30-Dec-2016
nz said:
Can anyone share what their bank reference letter says? I asked the bank, and they just issued me something called a maintenance certificate that just mentions the account, date opened and that its active. Is this what everyone has or should I be asking for something else?

Please share, thanks.
Other documents you required are last 6 months statement, a letter that states you have no outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans.

Sky-Walker

Jun 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Feb-2016
Nomination.....
SINP
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2016
IELTS Request
With Application
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
ALHAMDULLIAH
LANDED..........
30-Dec-2016
YUPPPP said:
Hello Folks

Can you please advise me on the number of points i can have

I have a bachelors in Computer Science (3 yrs) Karachi
Masters in Business Adminsitration 2 yrs Karachi
Masters in HRM Australia (2 semesters completed )

3-5 yrs work experience as Asst Manager Marketing

I need to take IELTS and need to get my credentials assessed.

Do i need to get all my credentials assessed or only the highest degree.

Will i get points for bachelors and masters / or only masters will be counted.

How are points calculated. for example

If Masters leads to 135
Bacherlors lead to 120
will they combine be 255 or it will only be 135 for masters and bachelors will be null and void.

Thank you for your replies

Regards

F
Your education points will be depend on your ECA report. If your ECA report says Masters Degree then Masters points will be awarded or if bachelor then according to bachelor.

Following link would be helpful for you:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

Read requirements each organization have different. In most cases you need to send your University degrees and transcripts.(Bachelor and Masters)

And you will get either Masters Points or Bachelors points, will not get their sum.

I hope its clear now.

Sanazeh

Star Member
Mar 21, 2014
Hi,

Is anyone here from Pakistan who has submitted their application to CIC post ITA? I need to know what education documents i should be submitting them? Do I need to submit my matric and inter documents as well or only bachelors and masters degrees will suffice? CIC only asks for post secondary education documents, so just want to be sure.

Thanks,

alee667

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-12-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed 28-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
13-01-2017
Sanazeh said:
Hi,

Is anyone here from Pakistan who has submitted their application to CIC post ITA? I need to know what education documents i should be submitting them? Do I need to submit my matric and inter documents as well or only bachelors and masters degrees will suffice? CIC only asks for post secondary education documents, so just want to be sure.

Thanks,
Its better to attach Matric and F.Sc along with bachelors/masters degree and transcripts. ECA must be attached with these documents and all in one .pdf

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have done MBA from UK and Bachelors from Pakistan. My university in UK has already send transcripts to WES in a sealed envelope. However, now I need to send degree copy of my MBA to WES and also my Bachelors transcript and degree. I would like to know whether I need to send both of these documents via single DHL courier or need to send them individually? Costing me almost double if I send both documents separately.

My age is 27 and my IELTS score is L=8.5, S=7.5, W=7, R=7

As per my calculation I am getting 475 points.

alee667

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-12-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed 28-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
13-01-2017
syeduzairhaider said:
I have done MBA from UK and Bachelors from Pakistan. My university in UK has already send transcripts to WES in a sealed envelope. However, now I need to send degree copy of my MBA to WES and also my Bachelors transcript and degree. I would like to know whether I need to send both of these documents via single DHL courier or need to send them individually? Costing me almost double if I send both documents separately.

My age is 27 and my IELTS score is L=8.5, S=7.5, W=7, R=7

As per my calculation I am getting 475 points.
Hope you have sealed your degrees/transcripts by HEC as per WES guidelines. You can send both documents in one DHL envelope with your WES Reference number on both envelopes and on DHL envelope as well. No need to spend double. What they need are sealed envelopes as per their WES guidelines. Good Luck

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alee667 said:
Hope you have sealed your degrees/transcripts by HEC as per WES guidelines. You can send both documents in one DHL envelope with your WES Reference number on both envelopes and on DHL envelope as well. No need to spend double. What they need are sealed envelopes as per their WES guidelines. Good Luck
Thanks for the response. I have done HEC attestation and got it in a sealed envelope as desired by WES.

So you are saying its totally fine if I send both of those documents (HEC + MBA Degree photocopy) in a single DHL envelope. (I will quote WES reference number on both the envelope top and also on DHL envelope).

Correct me if I am wrong

alee667

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-12-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed 28-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
13-01-2017
syeduzairhaider said:
Thanks for the response. I have done HEC attestation and got it in a sealed envelope as desired by WES.

So you are saying its totally fine if I send both of those documents (HEC + MBA Degree photocopy) in a single DHL envelope. (I will quote WES reference number on both the envelope top and also on DHL envelope).

Correct me if I am wrong
Ya. I also sent my sealed envelopes from BISE (F.Sc. + Matric) and HEC sealed envelope and got WES equivalency. Btw, why are you attaching copy of MBA if MBA degree and transcript already sealed by HEC as per WES requirement?

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alee667 said:
Ya. I also sent my sealed envelopes from BISE (F.Sc. + Matric) and HEC sealed envelope and got WES equivalency. Btw, why are you attaching copy of MBA if MBA degree and transcript already sealed by HEC as per WES requirement?
Well i have done MBA from UK.

I got my BBA degree and transcript attested from HEC which I have done from Pakistan

alee667

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015
Doc's Request.
04-12-2015
Nomination.....
22-12-2015
AOR Received.
26-01-2016
Med's Done....
Passed 28-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-07-2016
LANDED..........
13-01-2017
syeduzairhaider said:
Well i have done MBA from UK.

I got my BBA degree and transcript attested from HEC which I have done from Pakistan
Fair enough. Good Luck 8)

syeduzairhaider

Star Member
May 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question regarding proof of funds. Can I use Certificate at National Saving Centre Pakistan as proof of funding?