+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistan Applicants Waiting For *Medical Request*...

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
pittabread said:
yeah true if you are a risk avoider / safe player............. but if you carrying 3000 / 4000, not much different from carrying 10,000............who told you it takes 30 minutes to open a bank account. from some banks you have to book an appointment first. your card and pin can take a week to arrive.also who told you it takes 48 hours for a foreign bank draft to be encashed?? also you have to find a bank first. its not located next door where you living.

i don't mean to be rude but this is just for your information.....
Dear pitta,
Opening an account is very simple in canada. If not 30 mins then might be one hour & all the banks have multiple branches in almost everywhere in canada unless you reside in any remote village. The a/c open on spot & u can immediately deposit DD in it till the time card & pin arrives u'll get DD en-cashed. If you have seen the threads in which already landed guys shared their experience you'd have much cleared. I have read the Qorax & other senior members post that if the DD drawn in the same city it will take 48 hrs. But let say if it is drawn from remote city then it would take a week time. There is a big difference btw 3,000$ & 10,000$. With 3,000$-4,000$ you can live for 2-3 months easily without job, but what if [God Forbid] all will snatch then u'd find nowhere to run.

Below post of qorax for your ref:-

qorax said:
A. The wise way to take landing funds is the 80-20 rule. Ie.>to carry 80% in bank Draft & 20% in Cash.
B. If the draft is drawn @ the same city - it'll be credited within 48hrs. Else, about 7-10 days (usually).
C. The CAD isn't likely to fluctuate much against the USD in the near future. Convert yours as convenient.

Qorax
Hope it helps.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada1234 said:
Dear pitta,
Opening an account is very simple in canada. If not 30 mins then might be one hour & all the banks have multiple branches in almost everywhere in canada unless you reside in any remote village. The a/c open on spot & u can immediately deposit DD in it till the time card & pin arrives u'll get DD en-cashed. If you have seen the threads in which already landed guys shared their experience you'd have much cleared. I have read the Qorax & other senior members post that if the branch of the bank in canada [to which an exchange co. make a DD] is nearby e.g if you live in mississauga, brampton and the branch of bank on DD situated in toronto then it takes 48 hrs. But let say if it is in montreal then it might take a week time. With 3000$-4000$ you can live for 2 months easily but what if [God Forbid] all will snatch then u'd find nowhere to run.

For you reference below post of qorax.

Hope it helps.
dear i know this, first of all you need to select a bank which bank you want then you need to select an account what kind of account you want, either current,savings with overdratft etc, then you need to find the bank, its not necessary the particular bank you want is next door to you. then its not necessary you go to bank same day and account gets opened, some banks book an appointment for you. i am telling you this bcz of my own personal experience. i have been to uk and europe many times. i know how this system works.

when a person goes to europe or canada for the first time you can have lots of anxities and other tensions and its very rare that as soon as you land there next day you will be going to bank and opening a bank account. like i said finding a right bank and right account and bank appointment system can take some time unless you have done your complete home work and aware of the area or the bank where you going

there are many issues like finding a right accomodation, looking for right food, you can have problems finding a right transport. buses and trains run there according to time table and they have special routes and only stop on bus stop unlike Pakistan. then you need to look for a map to find the right bus / train.........there are many more things

regarding Qorax and Company they are keeping it simple or saying so bcz these people also have been to european countries before and aware of the system. but for a new comer who is going abroad for the first time can be very difficult

i tell you more. if you going there for the first time you can have problems understanding their english as canadian accent is very different from Pakistani accent plus you will find people speaking different accents.

Qorax is not the ultimate authority . its not necessary every word he says is right.his 80 to 20 rule is not a must do thing. you can follow it if you like. but i would suggest people to carry maximum cash to avoid extra charges and hassles. and also he says 48 hours only if the draft is drawn on same city. so you will have to make a draft for the same city. Pakistani bank in canada is in montreal i think i think or you will need to ask a pakistani bank from where you making a draft that where is there branch located in canada. otherwise 7-10 days for you.....

hope it helps you.................

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
pittabread said:
dear i know this, first of all you need to select a bank which bank you want then you need to select an account what kind of account you want, either current,savings with overdratft etc, then you need to find the bank, its not necessary the particular bank you want is next door to you. then its not necessary you go to bank same day and account gets opened, some banks book an appointment for you. i am telling you this bcz of my own personal experience. i have been to uk and europe many times. i know how this system works.

when a person goes to europe or canada for the first time you can have lots of anxities and other tensions and its very rare that as soon as you land there next day you will be going to bank and opening a bank account. like i said finding a right bank and right account and bank appointment system can take some time unless you have done your complete home work and aware of the area or the bank where you going

there are many issues like finding a right accomodation, looking for right food, you can have problems finding a right transport. buses and trains run there according to time table and they have special routes and only stop on bus stop unlike Pakistan. then you need to look for a map to find the right bus / train.........there are many more things

regarding Qorax and Company they are keeping it simple or saying so bcz these people also have been to european countries before and aware of the system. but for a new comer who is going abroad for the first time can be very difficult

i tell you more. if you going there for the first time you can have problems understanding their english as canadian accent is very different from Pakistani accent plus you will find people speaking different accents.

Qorax is not the ultimate authority . its not necessary every word he says is right.his 80 to 20 rule is not a must do thing. you can follow it if you like. but i would suggest people to carry maximum cash to avoid extra charges and hassles.

hope it helps you.................
Dear I have lived in UK for five years. Very well aware of all these issues. I had even no hassle in opening an a/c there. Yeah, you are right for new comer initially little time would require to get acquainted with transport, routes, accent etc. But for an educated person I guess there would not be much difficulty. If you are a regular reader of this forum and you have friends & relatives in canada u'd be much comfortable after reaching there.
Well, you've right whether to choose that option or not. If you are comfortable in carrying more cash then go ahead. Basic aim should be to get settled there smoothly.

All the Best.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada1234 said:
Dear I have lived in UK for five years. Very well aware of all these issues. I had no hassle in opening an a/c there. Yeah, you are right for new comer initially little time would require to get acquainted with transport, routes, accent etc. But for an educated person I guess there would not be much difficulty. If you are a regular reader of this forum and you have friends & relatives in canada u'd be much comfortable after reaching there.
Well, you've right whether to choose that option or not. If you are comfortable in carrying more cash then go ahead. Basic aim should be to get settled there smoothly.

All the Best.
thats good you have lived in uk and know the system.

but these guide lines are for those who are going abroad for the first time and definitely not for you.

and like i said it can be easier for you as you have lived in europe but for some one who is going there for the first time can't be easier for him / her

thx

phdmaker

Jan 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KhalidSubhan said:
All those who landed say one thing: there is no discrimination in Canada and probably this is the best country one should immigrate to, in terms of non-discrimination. Exceptions are everywhere, but according to them, Pakistan has a much worse society, comparatively, if you consider discrimination. I apologize if i am offending someone, this is just about a few opinions from my circle of friends.

There is one bad opinion, it is really tough to find job there. The market is very competitive and employers does not consider international experience. There is rush on jobs and one has to struggle really hard to get into their market, if successful, the immigrant enjoys life , if fails, he regrets why he left a good job back at Pakistan.

One more thing, one of our forum member got PPR and attended a seminar, to prepare for canada arranged by iom. After the seminar, majority of Pakistanis were abusing Pakistan to be such a low country. He tried to explain them that yes there is a difference in both countries but every place has its own charms and the Canada is not a heaven. They started fighting with him and he got silent but when he came back he said, now i really want all of them to goto canada.. believe he was in touch with a few after immigration and majority of them were so dishearted in Canada that they regreted why they resigned their jobs in Pakistan.

To make it short, Canada is a good country, a developed country with oppurtunities, and a gateway to north american job market. If a person keeps a clear goal and faces the odds with bravity, chances are there he would definitely succeed. Good universities (Atleast highly recognized and well respected if compared to our country) and a country where you can learn English and French, the two official languages of UN and major Multinational companies. You make a real difference in your profile and it is easy for a person to click in the international market then.

Off from the forum now, I would be back in a few days...

Pray we succeed here in immigration and we succeed to make the world a more better place. effort is needed no matter what goal you want to achieve in any part of the world
I really appreciate your detailed reply & completely agree with your views. In fact, the Canadians are really nice people as far as I know from my brother-n-law lives in Toronto since his birth.

May Allah keep us blessed & hope soon we all will be succeeded getting visas.

Take care.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada1234 said:
Dear I have lived in UK for five years. Very well aware of all these issues. I had even no hassle in opening an a/c there. Yeah, you are right for new comer initially little time would require to get acquainted with transport, routes, accent etc. But for an educated person I guess there would not be much difficulty. If you are a regular reader of this forum and you have friends & relatives in canada u'd be much comfortable after reaching there.

All the Best.
so why you left the uk?????????? you didn't like in there????

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada1234 said:
you are always welcome dear.
yar but i heard people got uk immigration very quick,, i didn't apply myself becasue i don't have enough points, my brother is living in canada so i decided to go there.....

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
pittabread said:
yar but i heard people got uk immigration very quick,, i didn't apply myself becasue i don't have enough points, my brother is living in canada so i decided to go there.....
Canada is much better than UK. You might have seen lot of people on this forum applied from UK including Pakistani's. Reason is tight policies, racism, conjusted area & ofcourse less jobs. If you have enough points in HSMP, the process is ofcourse very quick as compare to canada. Canada is big country with more opportunities and relax policies than UK. Canada would suits you because your brother is already there & his guidance would be much helpful for you.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada1234 said:
Canada is much better than UK. You might have seen lot of people on this forum applied from UK including Pakistani's. Reason is tight policies, racism, conjusted area & ofcourse less jobs. If you have enough points in HSMP, the process is ofcourse very quick as compare to canada. Canada is big country with more opportunities and relax policies than UK. Canada would suits you because your brother is already there & his guidance would be much helpful for you.
but mostly applied are those who have no chance of getting uk immigration.......... i know one person from this forum who applied for both uk and canada. he got uk immigration first and went there.. one more benefit of canada is they give you passport in 3 years whereas uk takes 5 years..

hinnajamal

May 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
LANDED..........
March 2013
pittabread said:
Yes you are right. My friend was a provincial nominee of Canadian immigration and submitted his application in May 2010, he got medical call in October and deposited RPRF, but meanwhile she qualified herself for HSMP for UK and now she is in UK, besides perusing the Canadian immigration. She says that the LONDON CHC is famous for fast processing, and will be quicker in coming days...lets see

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hinnajamal said:
Yes you are right. My friend was a provincial nominee of Canadian immigration and submitted his application in May 2010, he got medical call in October and deposited RPRF, but meanwhile she qualified herself for HSMP for UK and now she is in UK, besides perusing the Canadian immigration. She says that the LONDON CHC is famous for fast processing, and will be quicker in coming days...lets see
yes thats true hinna, why didn't you apply for uk??

hinnajamal

May 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
LANDED..........
March 2013
pittabread said:
yes thats true hinna, why didn't you apply for uk??
because I do not qualify and not interested either due to poor economic conditions