+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pakistan Applicants Waiting For *Medical Request*...

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hinnajamal said:
Dear All
I have read a news story in express newspaper that the State Bank has sanctioned not take take more than $10,000 cash while traveling foreign countries from Pakistan. In ours case what should we do because one should take the fund which is usually desired by visa office. In my case its $17,000
this is not a new information any way. but carry $10,000 in cash and rest in the form of bank draft......no body knows still how long for the issunace of visa..........do not plan in advance any thing...............

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
hinnajamal said:
Dear All
I have read a news story in express newspaper that the State Bank has sanctioned not take take more than $10,000 cash while traveling foreign countries from Pakistan. In ours case what should we do because one should take the fund which is usually desired by visa office. In my case its $17,000
Not a big issue. Wise move is to take funds in 80-20 ratio. Like 20% cash in hand & 80% in the form of bank draft OR traveller cheque. When you reach there open an a/c and deposit DD in it. It will hardly take 24-48 hours to get funds in your a/c. You can make DD from any reliable exchange company like Dollar East.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada1234 said:
Not a big issue. Wise move is to take funds in 80-20 ratio. Like 20% cash in hand & 80% in the form of bank draft OR traveller cheque. When you reach there open an a/c and deposit DD in it. It will hardly take 24-48 hours to get funds in your a/c.
if you carry 80% bank draft it would cost you more becasue of currency exchange and charges on issuance of bank draft but if you carry maximum cash like $10,000 you can save money bcz of exchange rate and no charges ...........

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
pittabread said:
if you carry 80% bank draft it would cost you more becasue of currency exchange and charges on issuance of bank draft but if you carry maximum cash like $10,000 you can save money bcz of exchange rate and no charges ...........
But it would be dangerous to keep money all the time with you till you open bank a/c..

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada1234 said:
But it would be dangerous to keep money all the time with you.
you are right canada. but dear i have carried it many times. if you put in hand luggage its ok. your hand luggage like a laptop bag or small bag stays with you all the time. plus when you deposit a bank draft in a canadain bank its not sure how long they take to cash it. and you also need some time to open a bank account.

but myself i would always carry maximum cash.

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
pittabread said:
you are right canada. but dear i have carried it many times. if you put in hand luggage its ok. your hand luggage like a laptop bag or small bag stays with you all the time. plus when you deposit a bank draft in a canadain bank its not sure how long they take to cash it. and you also need some time to open a bank account.

but myself i would always carry maximum cash.
3000 to 4000$ would be enough to carry in the form of cash. You can open an a/c on the very next day within 30 minutes in any bank and get DD encashed within next 48 hours. Well I think we should play safe rather than taking risk even for a single day. Rest depend on individual.

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
hinnajamal said:
Dear All
Hinna,
Go through the following thread you will find lot of information.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada1234 said:
3000 to 4000$ would be enough to carry in the form of cash. You can open an a/c on the very next day within 30 minutes in any bank and get DD encashed within next 48 hours. Well I think we should play safe rather than taking risk even for a single day. Rest depend on individual.
yeah true if you are a risk avoider / safe player............. but if you carrying 3000 / 4000, not much different from carrying 10,000............who told you it takes 30 minutes to open a bank account. from some banks you have to book an appointment first. your card and pin can take a week to arrive.also who told you it takes 48 hours for a foreign bank draft to be encashed?? also you have to find a bank first. its not located next door where you living.

i don't mean to be rude but this is just for your information.....

hinnajamal

May 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
LANDED..........
March 2013
canada1234 said:
Hinna,
Go through the following thread you will find lot of information.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/landing-in-canada-all-you-need-to-know-t36735.0.html
What if i carry $10 k and rest my spouse holds then.. because carrying bank draft is a bit fussy

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hinnajamal said:
What if i carry $10 k and rest my spouse holds then.. because carrying bank draft is a bit fussy
you can do. both carry half half cash.......

hinnajamal

May 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
LANDED..........
March 2013
pittabread said:
you can do. both carry half half cash.......
Thanks, but in case Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, the Indians have seized such half half cash from each of his troupe.....is the law different their or the bottom line is same here too in pakistan

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they had more cash on them than allowed per person.

hinnajamal said:
Thanks, but in case Rahat Fateh Ali Khan, the Indians have seized such half half cash from each of his troupe.....is the law different their or the bottom line is same here too in pakistan

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hinnajamal said:
madam he was carrying 124,000 us dollares in all while india law allows to carry only 5000 $ per person in cash................

still if you want to be sure you can check with pakistani customs by looking at website or phoning them...............

hinnajamal

May 6, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Done
LANDED..........
March 2013
pittabread said:
madam he was carrying 124,000 us dollares in all while india law allows to carry only 5000 $ per person in cash................

still if you want to be sure you can check with pakistani customs by looking at website or phoning them...............
haral said:
they had more cash on them than allowed per person.
I trust your info pittabread...
and thanks Haral