+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Our Singapore timeline Vietnamese wife

smizmar

Jun 26, 2014
Hello everyone. My wife got her remedical done on May the 5th. How long does she get a request of passport and do they send you by email. This is taking forever......

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
smizmar said:
Hello everyone. My wife got her remedical done on May the 5th. How long does she get a request of passport and do they send you by email. This is taking forever......
Hi smizmar,

Just want to shared my timeline to you from my wife.

- September 19th 2012. ECAS= In Process.
- October 8th 2012 requested from Singapore VO to re-medical, police clearance & submitting Passport.
- (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012) ECAS= Medical results have been received.
- November 13, 2012 My wife home address changed to my Canadian address and ECAS changed to "Decision Made"
- November 9, 2012 VISA & COPR Issued from Singapore Visa Office.
- November 25, 2012 Pick up VISA & COPR at IOM (Total of 17 days from issued to pick up).

I hope this will give some idea.

Good Luck!!

mle.87

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 23rd 2015
AOR Received.
July 23rd 2015
File Transfer...
August 27th 2015 - AOR 2
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
September 30th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
October 18th 2015
LANDED..........
November 12th 2015
My lawyer just sent in my application for my wife's sponsorship. We noted him as our representative in the application and he said he will relay info to me as he gets news. But is it possible for me to check my application status online myself?

Thanks and hoping for a few reunion with my wife in Canada :)

allah amar rob

Star Member
Jun 23, 2015
MY hubby(sponsor)got an email today requesting proof of employment from Singapore visa office.and they just gave 60 days for submitting it.he already got approved this june.All my worry is he is unemployed right now.and we can't arrange that.I think they are going to refuse it.because they have mentioned that failure to comply may result in the refusal of your application.guys plz help me.what should I DO?? :-[

Bold9900

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-2011
AOR Received.
08-09-2011
File Transfer...
11-07-2011
Med's Request
10-08-2012
Med's Done....
10-28-2012 (Medical Received in Manila 11-5-2012)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-08-2012 (Decision Made on 11-13-2012)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2012 (Pick up at IOM on 11-25-2012)
LANDED..........
12-12-2012
allah amar rob said:
MY hubby(sponsor)got an email today requesting proof of employment from Singapore visa office.and they just gave 60 days for submitting it.he already got approved this june.All my worry is he is unemployed right now.and we can't arrange that.I think they are going to refuse it.because they have mentioned that failure to comply may result in the refusal of your application.guys plz help me.what should I DO?? :-[
Try to get the ROE (Record of Employment) from the employer stating the reason thet will help.

smizmar

Jun 26, 2014
hi guys any advice would help. so after 2 grueling years of waiting for the interview my wife has passed with flying colors. after 2 weeks she got the request of re-medical. after the medical they have kept silent for about 2 months and a half by now. i thought it would only take a month to 2 months max to get decision made and would get the passport request. did something go wrong? i have sent in the atip request form for my wife it comes in the 29th. have it ever taken anybody this long to wait for decision made after re-medical. my head and my wife head is hurting from all this trauma.

I have tried emailing singapore see what the hold up is. but after amonth and a half still no reply.

alex1234p

Apr 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2014
AOR Received.
SA Aug 1 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 1 2014
Med's Done....
Apr 25 2014, #2 after interview-Sept 22 2015
Interview........
Request-Dec 2014, Interview-Sept 5 2015
Passport Req..
Oct 14 2015, Sent Oct 16 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 21 2015 [color=green] [b] COMPLETE [/color]
Update:

got an email recently scheduling interview for my wife in hcmc for the beginning of September, which is about a month away. so, it took 8 months to receive letter for date of interview, and another month for the interview to take place. not bad, considering they said it could take up to 24 months from when we got the interview letter.

M

mikeymyke

Sucks you had the interview, but really happy that they're not making you guys wait 24 months.

Be well prepared and good luck!

alex1234p

Apr 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2014
AOR Received.
SA Aug 1 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 1 2014
Med's Done....
Apr 25 2014, #2 after interview-Sept 22 2015
Interview........
Request-Dec 2014, Interview-Sept 5 2015
Passport Req..
Oct 14 2015, Sent Oct 16 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 9 2015
LANDED..........
Nov 21 2015 [color=green] [b] COMPLETE [/color]
thanks mikeymyke. we will be well prepared and try our best. how is your wife doing? is she liking Canada?

does anyone know if the person interviewing is Canadian and only speaks English?

M

mikeymyke

alex1234p said:
thanks mikeymyke. we will be well prepared and try our best. how is your wife doing? is she liking Canada?

does anyone know if the person interviewing is Canadian and only speaks English?
Canada is fine for her, she doesn't really think of it as any place special, says it's a safe country and friendly, but she does miss her family back home and we plan on taking regular trips back. We planned on going to France late this year, but because of her Viet passport, we have to go to Vancouver in person to get her the visa, which sucks.

The interviewer likely only speaks English but you can ask for an interpreter.

Nimitz

Aug 10, 2015
Long time lurker first time poster.

A little about me I am a Quebec resident dual citizen Canada/USA (born in Canada Became USA citizen as an Adult.)

-Started texting my Future wife October 2014
-Went to visit her in Vietnam in January proposed the same week
-Did the Monk Marriage May 9th with My mother and Aunt Present
-Got the official Marriage done by Vietnam June 30th
-Lawyer filed paperwork July 23rd in Canada that same week my wife told me she was pregnant. Happened when I went in the end of June.

I would like the baby born in the USA or Canada if possible.

Lawyer said that once I get approved as a sponsor I can apply for a visa to Canada for her. Do You think she can get a visa in time?

I am also going to try and get her into the USA but I have not started that yet because I was going to do it later. But the baby Changed that. I know in the USA once she has a Valid Visa I can get her onto Obama Care the pre-existing condition cant be used against me. But I don't know if I can get her to USA in time.

If I can get her a visa to Canada before the Baby is Born anyone know If I can get her Medical coverage?

also I had several hundred pages of text messages but the lawyer made me cut it down to 50 pages with a couple text from each week. was that a good idea?

I think the main red flags are how fast the marriage happened and that she is 14 years younger than me. On the plus side I had my mom and aunt come to the wedding and I have gone 3 times to see her with a 4th time in September.

samdiem

Apr 16, 2015
alex1234p said:
Update:

got an email recently scheduling interview for my wife in hcmc for the beginning of September, which is about a month away. so, it took 8 months to receive letter for date of interview, and another month for the interview to take place. not bad, considering they said it could take up to 24 months from when we got the interview letter.
Hi alex1234p:

Im glad you got your interview date, I wish you all the best, I know how hard is waiting time that we have to go through, we have been waiting for interview date for over 5 months now .
Alex would you please make a note of interview and let us know what are the questions and how it is???

Thank you and good luck.

Tonguedang

Aug 18, 2015
Hi Guys,

I'm new on this site. A friend, who went through the sponsorship process, told me about the site awhile back but I totally forgot about it until now. I've been reading some of the older post on here.

This is my timeline thus far
-met my wife in Jan 2013
-starting chatting online with her when I returned to Canada
-proposed in Oct 2013
-went to Vietnam to marry her in Mar 2014
-sent in my paperwork in Nov 2014
-Singapore received our paperwork in Feb 2015

I just got an email asking my wife in Vietnam to
-"undergo a medical examination"
-complete form IMM 5669 Schedule A
-register for a Judicial Certificate, Version 2
-a photocopy of my passport
-church marriage certificate

Here are my questions
-I read about the office in Singapore asking for passport a lot on here but I'm not sure if it's the Cdn or the Vietnamese passport. Is it normal for them to ask for a photocopy of my passport? Do I have to get it notarized? The email wasn't clear on that.
-Has anyone else been asked about their church marriage certificate? She's religious but I am not. We weren't even sure if we were going to do the church marriage.

As I'm reading all your posts, I'm thinking the Singapore office asking us to do all this is a good sign but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

M

mikeymyke

They're asking for the Vietnamese passport of the person being sponsored, that'd be your wife. They're probably asking for your passport copy if either you forgot to include it originally, or they want to verify something else. I won't worry too much about that. They seem to be asking for a lot of documents that are required docs, did you guys just forget to include them originally?

FishnChips

Jun 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2014
AOR Received.
Sept 2, 2014
File Transfer...
Sept 2, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 24, 2014; submitted Dec 2, 2014; DM Dec 9, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 23, 2014
Nimitz said:
Long time lurker first time poster.

A little about me I am a Quebec resident dual citizen Canada/USA (born in Canada Became USA citizen as an Adult.)

-Started texting my Future wife October 2014
-Went to visit her in Vietnam in January proposed the same week
-Did the Monk Marriage May 9th with My mother and Aunt Present
-Got the official Marriage done by Vietnam June 30th
-Lawyer filed paperwork July 23rd in Canada that same week my wife told me she was pregnant. Happened when I went in the end of June.

I would like the baby born in the USA or Canada if possible.

Lawyer said that once I get approved as a sponsor I can apply for a visa to Canada for her. Do You think she can get a visa in time?

I am also going to try and get her into the USA but I have not started that yet because I was going to do it later. But the baby Changed that. I know in the USA once she has a Valid Visa I can get her onto Obama Care the pre-existing condition cant be used against me. But I don't know if I can get her to USA in time.

If I can get her a visa to Canada before the Baby is Born anyone know If I can get her Medical coverage?

also I had several hundred pages of text messages but the lawyer made me cut it down to 50 pages with a couple text from each week. was that a good idea?

I think the main red flags are how fast the marriage happened and that she is 14 years younger than me. On the plus side I had my mom and aunt come to the wedding and I have gone 3 times to see her with a 4th time in September.
Sorry to burst your bubble, the chances of you getting your wife a visitor visa during the sponsorship process is very slim, though not impossible. I think her being pregnant makes it even harder... did she do her full medical checkup before she was pregnant, if not than she won't be able to complete the full medical checkup till after the baby is born because they have to do a full body xray.

Yes, the fast marriage and difference in age are red flags, but the fact she is pregnant with your baby should negate that. Hopefully you and your lawyer did a very good job in your application to alleviate the red flags and any doubts they may have about your marriage.

fyi. me and my wife have a 14 years age difference also and our application still got completed in 6 months time period