27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Hi,

Yes! I cant wait to hear that one of you (or me) receive the medical request. I am not sure how long it takes them to do a check of all the documents we send, but I believe it could be between 3 and 4 months. I am forecasting to receive ours around September/October... but I am hoping I am wrong and I get it earlier than that.
Keep us informed, how many of us are now regular to this little thread!? I wish we knew of more people that are being dealt by Ottawa...

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
No Moon, no one from Pakistan has been issued Ottawa thing as all Pakistanis will have to deal with London now. It's a long chain where London applicants are being refered to Ottawa due London being overloaded with work and long queues. At the same time other countries like Pakistan's cases are being diverted to London. Islamabad was one of the slowest anyway but London is also same. I can only wish good luck to Pakistani applicants as under old rules, it use to take average 7 years for the FSW cases. Now even under new rules when there was a bit of hope is again being mocked by transferring cases to London.

jg81

May 31, 2010
Hi All

I am a complete newbie here, so please excuse any sill questions. My wife and I applied for the skilled worker application back in September 2007.

Annoyingly we got "roped" into using a 3rd party company to do our paperwork, and are at their whim to be honest. But only two weeks ago, they told me of this Ottawa pilot scheme, and that they had received a letter in Feb, and did send it on to me (i never received it).

So we are still in the process of getting our paperwork ready to send. But will have to wait a couple of weeks for our police certificates.

I'm sure this is a very silly question, but could someone please state in simple terms what documents they sent through, as I'm sure some of the documents my 3rd party company is asking for isn't completely accurate.

Is it right that I need 10 years worth of employers references? I can get payslips, would that suffice as I have relevant work experience?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
J

psychosibes

Apr 16, 2010
jg81 said:
Hi All

I am a complete newbie here, so please excuse any sill questions. My wife and I applied for the skilled worker application back in September 2007.

Annoyingly we got "roped" into using a 3rd party company to do our paperwork, and are at their whim to be honest. But only two weeks ago, they told me of this Ottawa pilot scheme, and that they had received a letter in Feb, and did send it on to me (i never received it).

So we are still in the process of getting our paperwork ready to send. But will have to wait a couple of weeks for our police certificates.

I'm sure this is a very silly question, but could someone please state in simple terms what documents they sent through, as I'm sure some of the documents my 3rd party company is asking for isn't completely accurate.

Is it right that I need 10 years worth of employers references? I can get payslips, would that suffice as I have relevant work experience?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks
J
Hi jg81

You actually need 10 years back from the date you submitted your initial application, so you will have to supply payslips, relevant HMRC paperwork, employer references dating back to Sept 1997. Payslips alone will not suffice.
Your timeline is exactly the same as most of us on this forum thread, and we appear to be the first batch of applicants sent to the Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa instead of being processed by the CHC London. Apparently it is an attempt to help clear the backlog of applications in London.
Your in good company on this thread, welcome.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
hi jg81, Ya you have to provide 10 years of workexperience. That experience should be the one that you have already mentioned in your initial application. As far as the other documents are concerned, follow the checklist that you have received and if you want visa specific instructions than if you are London applicant than follow the London office checklist. These consultants are always lazy and give documents to you after ages. Anyways welcome to Ottawa pilot family.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonjour jg81! I may be wrong but I'd rather play it safe: send ALL work documents you have if possible. The checklists were rather vague, in fact there were 2 different checklists and they didn't always agree (2 or 4 passport photos?), it is true that we were told to download the London office checklist, but for all we know Ottawa may have a slightly different one so... Better safe than sorry: we sent copies of all payslips (start of work until now), contracts, letter from employer stating dates of employment and annual salary etc. Same for education, we sent degrees, detailed transcripts, the whole lot.
I suppose if they need more thay will let you know, but that would delay your application, even the more so as you're depending on the good will of your representative...

I sent the London checklist as a cover letter along with my documents but I've kept a copy of the other checklist they sent when they told us about Ottawa. Here goes:

-forms IMM 0008, IMM 0008 Schedule 1, IMM 5406, IMM 5476 and IMM 0008 Schedule 3. They can be downloaded from www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/skilled.asp.
-The visa office specific instructions can be found at www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
(continued from previous message)

-Copies of all birth, adoption, marriage etc certificates for you and all dependants even if not going to Canada.

-2 recent photos of you and all dependants (note that they just ask for "photographs". The London checklist says 4 photos, but "not the same as passport photos, and tells you to go see a photographer and ask for what is...well, a passport photo really." Bottom line: we sent 4 passport photos)

-copies of educational credentials and mark sheets/transcripts for you and spouse.

-Empoyment letters, contracts, pay slips and job description endorsed by your employer's personel department covering a period from 10 years prior to application until today. make sure letters have details of your duties and show start/end dates. The London checklist goes further and wants the letter to specify your annual salary, be printed on official letterhead paper etc. For some obscure reason they also want your employers business card...We didn't bother :eek:

-IELTS or CELPIP or TEF languages test results if you're claiming language points. If you don't want to take tests, they may consider a cover letter where you state you language credentials, but it will be at their discretion to give points or not. The London checklist clearly says that if your native language is English or French a good letter is enough. Ask us if you want to know what we put in our detailed letter.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
(nearly done! I just hate having to post long messages when you can't see what you're typing!)

-Proof of relatives in Canada (I'll skip the details but if that applies to you I can elaborate)

-Proof of settlement funds: Check how much you need on the CIC website, and provide copies of bank statements, savings account etc.

-Police clearance for you and all dependants over 18 from every country you've lived for more than 6 months since 18. You say you've already asked that so no need to be more specific?

-Copy of passport and travel documents (?) for you and all dependants, and copy of residence permit if your nationality isn't the country where you're living. We're French but obviously as EU citizens we don't have a residence permit to live in the UK so didn't send any, but did mention it in the cover letter.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
(last one!)

As you can see the London checklist is somewhat more detailed. What we've done is "if one checklist asks for it, send it", but it's up to you really. Do send the checklist you were given along with your documents, and if you're doing anything slightly different do mention it in a cover letter.

Hope this helps! Anyway welcome here and good luck!

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
I found out that a colleague of mine moved to Canada because he went through this process, however, he applied in september 2005.
He just moved there 3 weeks ago and sent him an email to hear about his experience. Even though he is looking for a job, he only has good things to say about Canada, he is in the Toronto Metro area.
I thought I would share this with you to hope that our lot is sorted in a couple of months and we can all say good things about our move to Canada.
Pls remember to let us know if any of you or myself rceive any communications from ottawa.
Thanks

jg81

May 31, 2010
Hello ALL

Thank you very much for all the advice, and so quickly.

My wife and I and working like crazy to try and get our paperwork together.

I find it soooooo frustrating that all old applications are still part of this "backlog", when new applications are being approved in 12-14 months on average. I know a chap from work who got his paperwork though in 9 months at work. Surely the people who applied first should be dealt with first? Anyway lets leave that for another day.

I know people have talked about notarizing prices on this website, but isn't 10 pounds per document page sound like a lot? Which is what I was quoted from my third party company's lawyer.

Good luck to you all!

Will try to keep in touch with everyone through this forum on our application.

I cant wait to move to Vancouver!

Thanks again
J

psychosibes

Apr 16, 2010
HI jg81,

I asked the CPP-O specifically about notarizing documents and received this reply:

'
Sir/madam,

Thank you for this enquiry, Photocopies of documents will be just fine, unless originals are requested (such as police certificates). Should the need for a notarized copy of an original be necessary, an officer will specifically request it.

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote - Ottawa - 1
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest

7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B

Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059

'
In response to this mail, I did not have any documents notarized. I am suggesting you dont waste your valuable money.

jg81

May 31, 2010
thanks for the update.

I'm almost ready with our paperwork, and will be sending it off on Tuesday.

Like you psychosibes I am sending all copies of documents apart from bank statements and police certificates. As bank statements are cheaper to re-order than notorise and the police certificate has to be a original as per guidance.

Anyone else had any good news on their applications?

Good luck to all future canadians! :eek:)