Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
any news on more medicals or passport requests?

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
The news of PPR will be coming from you mate.... :-[ I don't think anymore medicals although i am not sure about Psychosibes :'( I received email on 23rd Sept from CPP Ottawa telling me that they'll be sending me medicals shortly. Now shortly coould be anything from days to months, you never know. Still patiently waiting for the magic letter to turn up. Don't wanna bug them more on that, will wait another week before i drop an email of medical post being lost ;) Good luck to everyone.

psychosibes

Apr 16, 2010
Hi Ahmadtajwer,

Still here, although we are having medical issues with my wifes parents, so this isn't a priority at present. We have just decided to sit back and let things happen 'naturally' instead of the constant stressing every minute of every day. We are still watching you though ! (how weird does that sound!).
We've also taken the house off the market and it won't be going back on until we have our visa. We figure we have to be in Canada for 3 of the first 5 years once we have 'landed' so that gives us two years to sell the house.
Still no med request...so much for speeding up the process...eh?

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Hey Psychosibes, good to hear that you are still around, medical season is going on so you'll be receiving them shortly, fingers crossed for you. Hope that your parents in law get well soon.

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
yes, best thing is to relax and let thing s take their course. but it is so difficult to do that. I get especially nervous because I hear so many people that never got their PPT or Medicals and then like 6 months later Immigration writes to them to ask if they had received them...

In my case, when I sent my medicals in July and got my doctors receipt that my medicals had been received by Immigration Canada, I relax and did not do anything about it. I still wrote to Canada to ensure that they were forwarded to them in Ottawa from London. Received an email saying my file was in process. Then, on September 15 (one and a half month after I got delievery receipt), I got an email from them asking me if i had received my request for medicals on 13 July... which angered me, since that was the main reason why I wrote to them, which means that the person replying did not even bother to check if my medicals had arrived in Ottawa.

I told them I sent them on 30 July, 17 days after the request, and to please reply to me to make sure they had them. They said that yes and that they were with Health Canada, that is it! This was on 16 September, nearly a month ago... haven't heard from them since, and soon it will be 3 months since I did my medicals. I am worried that the medicals are with Health Canada but not in the hands of the Ottawa Processing Pilot for them to start reviewing my file and doing whatever they need to do... I am tempted to write to them again, since I now know that sometimes they do not look at our files before they reply to us.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Guys reference to my previous email on 23rd Sept enquiring about medicals, they replied that i'll be getting the medicals shortly. Now after almost 3 weeks again, i wrote and email to them asking whether they have sent me medicals or not, as it could be the case of lost post. I also requested that if you haven't sent me medicals yet than to pls send it by email. I got following reply.

"Medical forms must be sent by post. Please confirm your address. Thank you."

Now this email again doesn't make much sense to me, although i have confirmed my address but i don't know whether i gonna get medicals any time this month or not ? Edupolo isn't it the same sort of email that you received to confirm ur address a while ago and nothing happened after that?

M+JM was probably right that it indicates that my file has been looked at but don't know when are they going to send me the next step which is medicals :(

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Yes, they asked for my address but the difference is that I did not even prompt them with any emails, it was them that proactively decided to send an email to me, but nothing has happened anyway.
I am sure that because they work from a shared email inbox, they have many students or interns going through emails in the mornings and your replied depends on the person that is rostered to do emails that morning. I have worked in customer relations for years and I used to manage so many shared emails, and I can only tell you that it is a messy business because there is no consistency.
For example, the person that may have sent you an email may never know that you replied to it because someone else was reading them...

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Ya it could be that. The emails that i receive are always from the same person (supposedly) named E.Hsu and it says Case officer. Would he/she dealig with my case or is it the case of shared email thing?

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
All the emails I have got form them were not signed by anyone, so it is impossible to tell if it is the same person or not.
Rather frustrating because I am always unsure if the person that replied really looked into the case or just decided to copy and paste one of their standard replies.
Some people who are being dealt by London have already received their Passport Request and they only sent their medicals a few days before me, so it makes me wonder if the ottawa thing is much faster or not. I dont think that anyone from ottawa has received passport requests, but it is difficult to tell since i am sure we are only a few who are in this thread... I would love to know what the actual number is for cases that Ottawa is now dealing with.

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
Luckily all my emails from Ottawa are from same person :eek: Hey M+JM, did you also receive the emails from same person or they were not signed ? @edupolo, ya Ottawa is suppose to be faster than London and guess what average time for medicals after docs submission for London is 4-6 months and what are we now in? They recd my docs on 5th May so it's almost 5.5 months, no medicals :-\ Edupolo your is more than 3 months now and no PPR.... I tell you what, London is so tempramental as well, spme gets lucky to get processed quickly but most applicants wait for ages and still don't get nothing.... At least there is a hope with Ottawa.

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey
Nope, emails from CPPO were not signed at all... Still waiting. So you say some London appls got PPR? And we had been told "not before end 2010/early 2011"... I suppose we're still playing the "wait and see" game ???

ahmadtajwer

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2009
Aurora
We're in Oct now, so even if it is late Dec or early Jan, still not too bad. I remember M+JM that you were even told early Jan. It's not long for you now hopefully. Atleast it's not as complicated as my medicals business weher i get a reply for me being getting medicals shortly than even after almost 4 weeks after that, still nothing...

M+JM

Star Member
Apr 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know, I really don't know what to make of what they told you... So much for "shortly"... Hope you get a reply from them soon!
We'll be away for a month, so hopefully when we come back there'll be news from everyone!

edupolo

Jun 24, 2009
Visa Office......
London (Ottawa)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2007
Doc's Request.
17-02-2010
Med's Request
17-07-2010
Med's Done....
27-07-2010
Passport Req..
10-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2011
LANDED..........
21-07-2011
Has any of you written to Ottawa via email and not received a reply from them.
I have only written to them once before and they replied within 24 hours. However, I had to ask them a question and sent them an email last wednesday and still, nearly a week later, they have not got back to me. Is no news good news???

M+JM: Have you had any news since you did your medicals? Who else of the Ottawa group apart from you and I have already received and done medicals? I have lost track of everyone's situation I think.