Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
rafzy said:
Sorry to hear about that...
I think this criteria is 10 years for Express Entry but Ontario changed it to five years! I almost got a heart attack after seeing the message in my CIC account!
That is very disappointing that they send the invitations to people who aren't eligible!

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
specialmary said:
I would either e-mail them to ask or to apply anyway. A chance is a chance.
Someone emailed them and they replied back by saying everyone is responsible to make sure he/she is eligible to apply. They will not refund me if I apply and they find me ineligible!
Besides, I am not really sure it it is worth to apply right now. I am doing my last year of PhD, and I don't see myself finding a good job in Canada! If I am going to find a job in the states, then why on earth should I get the PR?
I am gonna wait and see what happens after I graduate!

Best,

Cofca

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
23-06-2016
Hi guys,
I applied for inclusion in the EE system and got accepted on 11 Sept 2015. A day later, I received the Ontario letter of interest. I went to their webpage and for some infor; the most catching being '$1,500 non refundable fee'. I have been wondering why they selected me in the first case; well, I am a Portfolio Manager 7yrs experience, 2kids and a wife, Master's degree and professional qualifcations; CFA, CPA, and CAIA. That aside, I have the following questions:-

1. Is the OINP category for the FSWP Express Entry applicants supposed to be Ontario Human Capital Priorities?.

2. If so, in their application guide, it states 'The IELTS, CELPIP, or TEF tests need to be taken within 24 months of application submission to ensure the results are valid at the time of permanent residence processing.
OINP recommends you take your official language tests within one year of submitting your application to OINP to ensure that your results are valid when you submit your application for permanent residency to CIC. If your results expire before you apply for permanent residency, you will need to retake the tests.

My question is, since the 1 year language requirement is a recommendation, have you heard of anyone show application has been declined on the basisi of this? Mind you, I took my IELTS test on 20 Sept 2014. It's gonna be valid up until 20 Sept 2016 for CIC application. Do you think I should stgo ahead and and apply under OOINP?

3. Is there a minimum number of points that I should get in order to qualify under the OINP program?

Thanks,

rafzy

Champion Member
Jan 31, 2015
Cofca said:
Hi guys,
I applied for inclusion in the EE system and got accepted on 11 Sept 2015. A day later, I received the Ontario letter of interest. I went to their webpage and for some infor; the most catching being '$1,500 non refundable fee'. I have been wondering why they selected me in the first case; well, I am a Portfolio Manager 7yrs experience, 2kids and a wife, Master's degree and professional qualifcations; CFA, CPA, and CAIA. That aside, I have the following questions:-

1. Is the OINP category for the FSWP Express Entry applicants supposed to be Ontario Human Capital Priorities?.

yes

2. If so, in their application guide, it states 'The IELTS, CELPIP, or TEF tests need to be taken within 24 months of application submission to ensure the results are valid at the time of permanent residence processing.
OINP recommends you take your official language tests within one year of submitting your application to OINP to ensure that your results are valid when you submit your application for permanent residency to CIC. If your results expire before you apply for permanent residency, you will need to retake the tests.

no issue about it as long as you submit your application in due time.

My question is, since the 1 year language requirement is a recommendation, have you heard of anyone show application has been declined on the basisi of this? Mind you, I took my IELTS test on 20 Sept 2014. It's gonna be valid up until 20 Sept 2016 for CIC application. Do you think I should stgo ahead and and apply under OOINP?

yes, you should apply.

3. Is there a minimum number of points that I should get in order to qualify under the OINP program?

67/100 and your crs should be above 400 during entire process.

Thanks,

dpr

Sep 8, 2015
Good day
Both me and my husband have active EE profiles. In each of the profiles,we have included the spouse as accompanying spouse to Canada
My score is 436 and my husband's score is 421. I have received the Ontario PT.My husband has not received it.
while filling up the ontario nominee application, there is a question
"have you, or your spouse already submitted or been included in an application for permanent residence to citizenship and Immigration to Canada (CIC)'?

what do we fill in for this? should I say yes and put my husband's EE profile number? If I do that, will I be rejected?
we created 2 profiles so atleast 1 person will be able to get the nomination.
can I answer this question yes and keep his profile active?

Need an answer urgently as we are close to the deadline of submitting the form..
Thanks
dpr

heeru_maan

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dpr said:
Good day
Both me and my husband have active EE profiles. In each of the profiles,we have included the spouse as accompanying spouse to Canada
My score is 436 and my husband's score is 421. I have received the Ontario PT.My husband has not received it.
while filling up the ontario nominee application, there is a question
"have you, or your spouse already submitted or been included in an application for permanent residence to citizenship and Immigration to Canada (CIC)'?

what do we fill in for this? should I say yes and put my husband's EE profile number? If I do that, will I be rejected?
we created 2 profiles so atleast 1 person will be able to get the nomination.
can I answer this question yes and keep his profile active?

Need an answer urgently as we are close to the deadline of submitting the form..
Thanks
dpr
Your answer would be 'no' because creating an express entry profile is different from actually submitting a complete application to CIC. If, on the other hand, he had received an ITA and had submitted the profile, your answer would be yes. As of now, you can answer no and keep his profile active at the same time.

leonht

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Have any applicants inside Ontario applied with documents translated in their home country? Will OINP accept that?
The OOPNP application guide says that ATIO translations is the only way to go for applicants inside Ontario.
I'm planning to submit a notarized translation of my family members to prove family relations in Ontario. I have those translations done and notarized in my home country.

maria_786

Champion Member
Oct 3, 2013
leonht said:
Have any applicants inside Ontario applied with documents translated in their home country? Will OINP accept that?
The OOPNP application guide says that ATIO translations is the only way to go for applicants inside Ontario.
I'm planning to submit a notarized translation of my family members to prove family relations in Ontario. I have those translations done and notarized in my home country.
my frnd had the family member form n his birth certificate from back home notarized not from ATIO n his app was accepted complete he jst got an AOR last week. n he is inside ontario

roy1947

Star Member
Oct 8, 2015
Hi,

I have experience letter for all my previous jobs. (more than 10yrs exp)

I joined my current job this May'2015, and there is no way I can get an experience letter now from them.

Should I go ahead and submit my PT with previous experience letters and a statutory declaration for my current job ?

Pls advise. (I have mentioned my current job in my CIC profile)

RomanV

Nov 3, 2015
Russian said:
Dear all,

I have a question regarding application fee.

All payment methods are not available in my country. My brother lives in Quatar and he can pay by cheque. But his name will be written on this payment. Is it OK? Can I submit the payment confirmation issued in another country paid by my relative?

Hi,

How have you paid this fee finally?
I requested Canadian Embassy in Moscow and they replied that no way to pay by acceptable methods from Russia :(

rcharmed

Oct 24, 2015
Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to download the Ontario Nominee application form, but it has being impossible. Every time I click on the link that the application guide and Ontario webpage provides, it says i need a new version of Adobe, which I already downloaded, and also I have followed the instructions that the PDF says I should do to download the form.

Please help me out with this, I haven't receive any PT from Ontario, but I would like to take a look to the application form.

Thanks in advance.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
rcharmed said:
Hello Everyone,

I've been trying to download the Ontario Nominee application form, but it has being impossible. Every time I click on the link that the application guide and Ontario webpage provides, it says i need a new version of Adobe, which I already downloaded, and also I have followed the instructions that the PDF says I should do to download the form.

Please help me out with this, I haven't receive any PT from Ontario, but I would like to take a look to the application form.

Thanks in advance.
Are you opening the file directly in your browser? It's usually not supported. Download the file locally and then open it from the file folder, or run Adobe Reader first, and then open the file from there.