14-01-2013, Meds Delivered - 24-01-2013
Passport Req..
28-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-07-2013
LANDED..........
13-07-2013
Hi Malisa,

Well, if your spouse wants to work here then its better to apply for an open WP, having a TRV means you cannot work here. Having an open WP means you have the flexibility to work for any employer.

Kia99

Maryam.A

Star Member
Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2012
Nomination.....
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-12-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Hi there

I've checked the documents and forms we should fill for WP and I have a question,

one of the documents mentioned in the Check list is "Proof of Funding" , but I didn't find anything about how much in CAD we should have for minimum funds for WP.Does anybody know about this?

DCCMJ

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Doc's Request.
26-03-2013
Nomination.....
08-10-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Request
waiting
Hi, I have received OWP support letter yesterday. I have a question, is it possible that I apply for OWP now and bring my spouse and dependents at later stage, I mean after getting job?

MJ

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
DCCMJ said:
Hi, I have received OWP support letter yesterday. I have a question, is it possible that I apply for OWP now and bring my spouse and dependents at later stage, I mean after getting job?

MJ
Yes thats possible as per their Face book post.

tarakvshah

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
vuexperts said:
Dear
Maryam.A

Can you Please confirm me where ewe have to paste 4 RED Sticker
No you have to paste only 1 sticker for one correspondence... As and when the communication happens from CIC you use those stickers...

tarakvshah

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
canimmigrate said:
Hey guys,

One of my friends got his PR recently. At the time of sending the application his wife was expecting but the baby was delivered after sometime of sending the application. As there was no place on the form where he could mention that his wife is expecting a baby he did not provide this information to CIC. Now that he has a baby and received his PR, he is facing a lot of issues as there was no child information in his application and he had shown funds for 2 people.

His was not PNP but normal PR application but I'm also in a similar situation as my wife is also expecting and delivery is not due for few months.
Does anybody know how and when I need to infor CIC about my kid or if I can put this information in any of the forms that we need to send for PNP FSW PR applicaiton? I've not sent my applicaiton yet.

Thanks a lot for help.

- canimmigrate

Hi canimmigrate,

You should not worry even after sending the application, because on cic website and even one of the guide also states that any change in the family status should be immediately noticed to CIC as well as Ontario PNP... So you have to bit Posts stating that new member has been added and then you Canada will demand fees and documents for new member ..whihc you should provide on priority basis..then there won't be any problem...

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey :-\

I also got my support letter yesterday. and I'm confused!!!! Whether to go ahead or to wait. Because I'll have to leave my job and go to Canada for job search.
Is anybody aware of job portals where we can search jobs before we actually go there? Like Naukri/Mosnter in India?
As per the earlier discussions, it is clear to me that OWP may spped up migration. But apart from time what other factors are invloved?
I would suggest to start a discussion around pros and cons of going by OWP route. Lets compile a list so that we can analyse and decide based on the reasoning instead of hurry and intution. What say ?

-canimmigrate

malisa

May 15, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP=Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
9-06-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
3-08-2012
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Jan18, 2013 (45 days)
Passport Req..
Ppr, 28 sept 2013. in process...23 aug 2013, decision made 28 sept, 2013.
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2013
LANDED..........
Nov, 2013. PR card..Jan 2014.
canimmigrate said:

I also got my support letter yesterday. and I'm confused!!!! Whether to go ahead or to wait. Because I'll have to leave my job and go to Canada for job search.
Is anybody aware of job portals where we can search jobs before we actually go there? Like Naukri/Mosnter in India?
As per the earlier discussions, it is clear to me that OWP may spped up migration. But apart from time what other factors are invloved?
I would suggest to start a discussion around pros and cons of going by OWP route. Lets compile a list so that we can analyse and decide based on the reasoning instead of hurry and intution. What say ?

-canimmigrate

Hi canimmigrate,

Today i have submitted my application for open work permit alongwith my spouse open work permit. Hope i will get the visa soon and will start job hunting in manitoba. But i would suggest you should atleast apply for the work permit vise, you can have leave from your office for two three months and go there and find out how it suits you in Canada. On open work permit, i would suggest one shouldn,t move with your family, once you get job and all set then your familycan join. From USA the time for processing the work permit is almost two months and we dont know when our PR will be approved thats why it is better to take a chance.

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey malisa, first of all best of luck for your OWP applicaiton.
You are right about taking risks but I think there are few issue:
Going to Canada without Job is very costly. I've been living in US for some time now and I realise how costly living in Canada can be without having income in Canadian dollars. Probably u also realise that living in NA.
Apart from that if we go on PR then in starting we can do any kind of temp jobs we can get. But I think it may -vely impact our PR applicaiton if we go there on WP and are not able to find job in our applied profession. What is the point in approving my visa if I can't get a job in the profession I'm going for?
And what if somehow my OWP application is rejected? It will have -ve impact on my PR application.
I think, one way is to get the visa and then try to apply jobs online and give interviews. Then go, only if there is a +ve response. But I'm sure there are other factors also as few people n earlier posts mentioned that as PRs we get some benefits which are not available as WP non-migrants. So I suggested to list down all pros and cons so that everyone can make a informed decision.
Also, is anyone aware that if there is any upper limit on the no. of applications to be accepted in OWP as OB mentions that 1500 OWPs are available. are these province specific or federal?
-canimmigrate

ddq

Nov 13, 2012
canimmigrate said:

-canimmigrate

Hi,

The sites I am looking at:

ca.indeed.com, www.monster.ca

Today I got my Letter of support and I intend to go via temporary work visa immediately.

Since I will not get any additional working privileges with the Permanent Residence, and I intend to move to Ontario (Toronto), I do not see any reason to wait for the Permanent Resident card.

Can you think of any reason as to why to wait for the card?

Best of luck,
ddq

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi ddq,

Reasons are same as stated above:
1. No support from Canada Gov for non-immigrants WPs. But it seems there is some support for PR immigrants.
2. Not getting a job in our field till the time our PR application is up for interview may reflect negatively on our PR application. All immigrants know that intial few months of job search are a struggle. We may have to do jobs that are not related to our fields just to stay afloat. but a VO may not understand it. So if we do not have a job in our field till that time, it may have a -ve impact. my pov.
3. Negative impact on PR application if for any reason visa is rejected.

When we migrate on PR then it is the final step. No one knows or bothers if and till when we have to do jobs not related to our fields. But with OWP it will be different as VOs will know that during our PR interviews.
I'm worried about it as a lot of friends could not get the jobs in thier own fields for a year or so.

Thanks for sharing the job portals. Are you from IT background? If yes, are there are good opportunities on these job portals in IT?
- canimmigrate

canimmigrate

Star Member
Oct 21, 2012
CT, USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also it will be great if you could share the application links given in the support letter here. I've not seen my letter yet as it has been received in my home country and I'm currently out of country. Thanks for your help.
- canimmigrate

malisa

May 15, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP=Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2012
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
28-05-2012
AOR Received.
9-06-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
20-07-2012
Med's Request
20-07-2012
Med's Done....
3-08-2012
Interview........
Open Work permit visa Jan18, 2013 (45 days)
Passport Req..
Ppr, 28 sept 2013. in process...23 aug 2013, decision made 28 sept, 2013.
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 2013
LANDED..........
Nov, 2013. PR card..Jan 2014.
canimmigrate said:
Also it will be great if you could share the application links given in the support letter here. I've not seen my letter yet as it has been received in my home country and I'm currently out of country. Thanks for your help.
- canimmigrate
As such there are no links mentioned in the WP Letter. However, i am psting the link to download the forms and checklist:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5487ETOC.asp

In addition, you have to check the website of your relevant visa office, if they require some other information that must be submitted.

As far as your Pros and Cons are concerned, i would say that even in our home country, or here in USA what kind of benefits we are enjoying. Some many restrictions to work, medical expenses and so on. I am here in USA for last 5 years on spouse visa and not allowed to work, just want to get rid of this situation.

Definitely, they have the positions of our skills thats why Nomination Certificates are issued from the provinces. Now its upto us how much we struggle for that.

This may also show that how much you are concerned to move to Canada, i dont think that it would have any kind of negative effect on PR application.

I just have a look on OB-470, and as per my understanding the quota for each province is 1500. I would suggest to apply, at first instance you can move alone can share the apartment with some other guys, it doeant cost as much as you think. If it is expensive, the labour/wage rate is determined according to cost of living of each area.

God will help me, he is making ways for me.......why should not i follow them.

I have started interview preparation, i dont know why but i am very optimistic.

This is just my point of view, everyone is different, having different obligations and priorities.

Maryam.A

Star Member
Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2012
Nomination.....
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-12-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Hi

Applying for OPW is a little risky.I think if you live in developed country and have a good job related to your major,it's not worth applying under TWP, but for third world country it's different.

Our Visa Office's processing times are too long (for example mine is 40 month) and we should start finding job as soon as we enter Canada, now or then(after our PR is finalized). To me the only issue I really worry about is not having the Medical Insurance, and I think I can face other difficulties.Besides I don't think it will affect our PR Process. After thinking about its Pros and Cons I decided to apply for it.