03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
Maryam.A said:
I got my WP support letter by DHL today morning. It's just interesting that I haven't received my AOR yet but I got my support letter for WP.Ontario is really fast.Now I don't have any clue what I should do for the rest.any advice?
Hi Maryam ,
Really Happy for you congratulations dear , I think the next step is to apply for a OWP ,please check this link

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-how.asp

since you are the initiator of the excel sheet , Can you please update the excel sheet to include the date of the letter ,date of applying the WP application and the date of issuance of the WP ,

By the way , I read previously that by applying this letter and the Certificate of Nomination of ontario ,you can get the WP on canada borders ,but you first need to check if your country des not demand a Visas(visas for some countrries is an obligation )

Good Luck dear

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Congrats Maryam. By looking at the trend i feel Support letters are received by those whose PR application is already with CIC Nova scotia.
Thought CIC says thats not the case.

@Hadeel
Is there any time frame mentioned on the Support letter.(Ie you need to apply within some days after receiving the Support letter)

bansal98

Jun 13, 2012
Maryam.A said:
I got my WP support letter by DHL today morning. It's just interesting that I haven't received my AOR yet but I got my support letter for WP.Ontario is really fast.Now I don't have any clue what I should do for the rest.any advice?
Even I have not got my AOR yet but got the support letter.

atinsingh

Oct 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Nov-2012/Resend on 15-Feb-2013
Nomination.....
27-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
02-APR-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
8 MAY 2013 to SGVO / 26 Nov 2013 to NDVO
Med's Request
Not Yet
Med's Done....
Not Yet
Interview........
No idea?
Passport Req..
Not Yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not Yet
I think they are quickly sending support letter, just a simple question, lets say you have got support letter and work permit, is it necessary to go do job hunting there ? as its a little bit risk, PR case is a bit different.

DCCMJ

Star Member
Nov 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
Doc's Request.
26-03-2013
Nomination.....
08-10-2012
AOR Received.
17-01-2013
Med's Request
waiting
Maryam.A said:
congratulation, is it mentioned any time frame to applying for WP? and have you got any further information about WP with that letter?

bansal98

Jun 13, 2012
atinsingh said:
I think they are quickly sending support letter, just a simple question, lets say you have got support letter and work permit, is it necessary to go do job hunting there ? as its a little bit risk, PR case is a bit different.
Man. Are you saying they should send a job offer also along with the support letter 8)

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
bansal98 said:
Man. Are you saying they should send a job offer also along with the support letter 8)
Hi Bansal ,
No you do not need a job offer , only the letter and the certificate of nomination is enough to apply for the work permit [beside some other forms] ,the next step afetr getting the letter is applying for a work permit , please see the link I attached in an earlier reply to Maryam

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
pradeeshma said:
Congrats Maryam. By looking at the trend i feel Support letters are received by those whose PR application is already with CIC Nova scotia.
Thought CIC says thats not the case.

@ Hadeel
Is there any time frame mentioned on the Support letter.(Ie you need to apply within some days after receiving the Support letter)
@Pradeesh
I did not get my letter yet ,hopefully sooooon :)

Maryam.A

Star Member
Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2012
Nomination.....
11-09-2012
AOR Received.
05-12-2012
Med's Request
04-04-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Hi everybody and thanks
Some info from my letter:There is no need for Job Offer and there is no time frame to apply for WP visa.The only thing I'm not sure about is if we get the WP visa and go to Canada we won't have any support from the CIC. For example when you get PR visa you are going to have free English courses, classes to prepare for work,... some banks have special programs for Newcomers and so on, but when we enter Canada with WP visa we can not use any of above facilities and it's not good.It's a little risky I think.

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Maryam.A said:
Hi everybody and thanks
Some info from my letter:There is no need for Job Offer and there is no time frame to apply for WP visa.The only thing I'm not sure about is if we get the WP visa and go to Canada we won't have any support from the CIC. For example when you get PR visa you are going to have free English courses, classes to prepare for work,... some banks have special programs for Newcomers and so on, but when we enter Canada with WP visa we can not use any of above facilities and it's not good.It's a little risky I think.
To add to what Maryam has mentioned I have few more queries
1. OWP, do we need to take for all applicants in the PR or only the Primary applicant can take?
2. Once we get the OWP is there any time limit before which we should land in Ontario or else the OWP will expire ?
3. What will happen when medicals are requested from the PR processing. Do we have to travel back ?
4. Any Proof of funds required for OWP ?

Hadeel1234

Sep 27, 2011
Iraq
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2012
Nomination.....
17-9-2012
AOR Received.
03-01-2013
File Transfer...
20-02-2014
Med's Request
23-07-2014
Med's Done....
05-08-2014
pradeeshma said:
To add to what Maryam has mentioned I have few more queries
1. OWP, do we need to take for all applicants in the PR or only the Primary applicant can take?
2. Once we get the OWP is there any time limit before which we should land in Ontario or else the OWP will expire ?
3. What will happen when medicals are requested from the PR processing. Do we have to travel back ?
4. Any Proof of funds required for OWP ?
Hi Pradeesh ,
if you go through the work permit details on CIC website you will find answers to these questions ,i did and I can share with you my understanding
1- all applicants can be accompanied (main applicant and dependants)
2- the WP is valid for 2 years
3-I think you can do the medical test in canada as long as you are there ,it has nothing to do with your country of origion

by the way did you receive your letter ?

Regards

pradeeshma

May 4, 2006
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Hi Hadeel
Thx. I havent got the support letter till now

ddq

Nov 13, 2012
Dear bansal and Maryam:

Congratulations on receiving your Letters of Support, these are really exciting news!

I am currently confused as to the next steps after receiving the letters:

On one hand, the Operational Bulletin 470 states that "...An applicant may apply for the WP at a mission, Port of Entry or in-land..." - from which I deduce we can simply fly into Canada and present our Certifications of Nominee and Support Letters to receive the WP.

On the other hand, there are work permit application instructions on the CIC site, which are different.

Could you share if the package you received contains any additional information?

Thanks and Regards

bansal98

Jun 13, 2012
ddq said:
Dear bansal and Maryam:

Congratulations on receiving your Letters of Support, these are really exciting news!

I am currently confused as to the next steps after receiving the letters:

On one hand, the Operational Bulletin 470 states that "...An applicant may apply for the WP at a mission, Port of Entry or in-land..." - from which I deduce we can simply fly into Canada and present our Certifications of Nominee and Support Letters to receive the WP.

On the other hand, there are work permit application instructions on the CIC site, which are different.

Could you share if the package you received contains any additional information?

Thanks and Regards
I am not sure about other countries but if you are in one of the so called "third world" countries, you can not just walk in and get a WP at the port of entry. All this letter of support does is it makes you eligible to apply for OWP. That's it. You still have to apply for OWP by filling up all those forms.

PS - I have definitely become an expert at filling those forms. I can fill them now with my eyes closed 8)

lilotia

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
30-11-2012
Med's Done....
03-12-2012 (Updated in ecas 28-03-2013)
Passport Req..
04-19-2013 (RPRF)
LANDED..........
Already in Canada
Hi,

I've received AOR and support letter 2 days ago. I'm applying from Canada, so mails are received a bit sooner
Good day to all of us :)