+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

one-year pilot OWP for spouses and common-law partners

Apr 17, 2015
My jaded prediction is that when CIC finally updates the site we'll still be looking at processing October 2013.
I think that's exactly why they don't want to update the website. Once they do they will have to acknowledge that the waiting times for stage one have increased to 18 months.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
discriminatedbyCIC said:
I think that's exactly why they don't want to update the website. Once they do they will have to acknowledge that the waiting times for stage one have increased to 18 months.
They're not updating the site because they're lazy and unaccountable. Who cares if they don't bother to update the site for a month or whatever? It's not like anyone's going to lose their job over terrible performance.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Updating the website is pointless. A person that submitted their Inland application in December 2013 (received at CIC Dec 23) just received SA and possibly AIP.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
The website timeline is just a guide, nothing more. An approx timeline. It is not a legal document or has any authority under which CIC must follow. It is only an guide or insight as to what their latest work schedule is.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
The website timeline is just a guide, nothing more. An approx timeline. It is not a legal document or has any authority under which CIC must follow. It is only an guide or insight as to what their latest work schedule is.
But you must admit that it's confusing when it says they are "Opening applications received on October 13, 2013" [for example] when people that applied in December 2013 are getting AIP. How could those people have received AIP, if there applications haven't even been opened yet? LOL!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Ponga said:
But you must admit that it's confusing when it says they are "Opening applications received on October 13, 2013" [for example] when people that applied in December 2013 are getting AIP. How could those people have received AIP, if there applications haven't even been opened yet? LOL!
I totally agree. It just mean that when CIC do update the website, it will be around Dec timeframe or even Jan. It would be nice if they did update website on a weekly basis but there is no cause for alarm if they didn't, at least from their perspective.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
I totally agree. It just mean that when CIC do update the website, it will be around Dec timeframe or even Jan. It would be nice if they did update website on a weekly basis but there is no cause for alarm if they didn't, at least from their perspective.
Yes, but they had been updating the times fairly regularly (every week or two), but seemed to have stopped.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
I like to see the website updated because it at least gives us some idea of how badly things are going.

Imagine if they didn't update the website since March 2014, no one would have known to expect 9 months of extra processing time.

drjd

Apr 21, 2015
rhcohen2014 said:
yes, people have mentioned the class is "27" and there have been no reports of issues getting ohip. at least CIC did something right!
Our friend was told she needed a full time employment contract for 6 months to go with her OWP.

Any other information/experience on getting OHIP with OWP, but no job or AIP?

hollynelson

Oct 5, 2012
Just wanted to let everyone know that I rang CIC last week as started to get worried my application for the OWP (applied for it mid Jan) hadn't been received or something - every so often I need to reassure myself! To begin with the lady I was speaking with was worried as she could see my application had been sent to a separate unit. However she spoke with her supervisor and was then able to say that literally thousands have been sent to this unit to be turned into the permits that we need and sent out to us! She told me that mine should be with me end of April, beginning of May :)

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
hollynelson said:
Just wanted to let everyone know that I rang CIC last week as started to get worried my application for the OWP (applied for it mid Jan) hadn't been received or something - every so often I need to reassure myself! To begin with the lady I was speaking with was worried as she could see my application had been sent to a separate unit. However she spoke with her supervisor and was then able to say that literally thousands have been sent to this unit to be turned into the permits that we need and sent out to us! She told me that mine should be with me end of April, beginning of May :)
YES!!! +1!!! :)

trojan00

Apr 3, 2015
Can somebody please confirm do I need to apply for visitor first to get status or I can send my application and get owp from restoration. I am under 90 days restoration of status. Thanks

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trojan00 said:
Can somebody please confirm do I need to apply for visitor first to get status or I can send my application and get owp from restoration. I am under 90 days restoration of status. Thanks
You need to apply for Restoration of Status first. Submitting an Inland application and OWP now will do nothing to put you back in status.

mrcanada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2015
facebook group members reported few OWP issued under the pilot project. Some applied in December and some in January.

carolinaf

Jan 26, 2015
trojan00 said:
I think you should apply for visitor just to be on the safe side, thats what our lawyer advised us to do and I think it was the right decision. Good luck to you