+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Hey, does anyone know if the entire passport needs to be uploaded for Ontario application or just the information page and Canadian visas if any? I'm seeing conflicting information in the application portal.

In the general information section, they say this:
Submit clear copies of ALL the pages of your passport including the front and back cover.

But in the upload section, they say this:
Provide a copy of the personal details page of your passport and all pages that contain Canadian visas and entry stamps

Any idea?
No, you only need to upload the data page of your passport since you have never been to Canada. For me though, I think you should upload all the stamps (to other countries) that you have on the passport. If you have never traveled outside of your home country, only your data page is absolutely fine.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I am not experienced with OINP but if I was faced with similar circumstances, I would try to submit my OINP application before the expiry of my old IELTS and use my old IELTS. I would also attach my new IELTS and include a letter of explanation.
I second this. Doing this, he has absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain. It is going to be inconsequential once he gets the nomination anyway but, he can post the question on @legalfalcon page. Perhaps he could give recommendations based on experience.

Preetam@BD

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Hi guys! I have a question regarding the OINP E-filling portal. In Schedule A,B,C,D the applicant and accompanying spouse has to sign the consent form. in Section B and D there is an area for the dependent child to sign if he/she is 16 yrs old or more. My Son is 2 years old. There is a option to remove this signatory option altogether. Shall I remove it or shall I sign on his behalf? I cant leave it unsigned as it show error that way. If I remove it will it be an issue?

TIA

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
My interpretation for this is to submit only my data page since I don't have any Canadian visas and entry stamps.
No, you only need to upload the data page of your passport since you have never been to Canada. For me though, I think you should upload all the stamps (to other countries) that you have on the passport. If you have never traveled outside of your home country, only your data page is absolutely fine.
I checked the guide as well and there it clearly says all pages must be uploaded. So even if you haven't been to Canada, all other stamps and visas need to be uploaded. So I'm gonna scan the entire passport including stamps, visas and blank pages and upload.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
I checked the guide as well and there it clearly says all pages must be uploaded. So even if you haven't been to Canada, all other stamps and visas need to be uploaded. So I'm gonna scan the entire passport including stamps, visas and blank pages and upload.
It didn't state as mandatory on the OINP portal though so I feel if nothing triggers it, they probably wouldn't ask. For me, I have never traveled outside my home country so it'd be pointless to scan a bunch of empty pages to them when my travel history would literally be empty.

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
anyone have any idea how long does OINP nomination take?
Also what is the rejection rate and what reasons?
Rejection rate is quite low. I haven't seen any case on here to be honest, they usually give people chances to proof that they deserve the nomination. I know someone that kept going back and forth with documents and they were patient with him, till he got the nomination. Once you can proof that you have what you stated, you will be approved.

Preetam@BD

Star Member
Jun 29, 2020
Any idea how long it takes on avg for them to give nomination? I submitted my application yesterday after waiting for one 1.5 months for ITA. I also did not feel safe anymore even with 474!

doxame

Sep 7, 2020
Please, In the application for OINP, can I upload the online PDF version of my WES report because I have not yet received the hard copy. Will the application be successful? Thanks

romeo0909

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Is it mandatory to submit the letter for intensions to reside in ontario? i do not have any strong ties, only some distant friends (which i dont want to use). i dont want to write anything which is not true (such as job search etc, because i have not done any). it is written as optional, so i dont think they can reject based on that.

anyone with any experience on this?

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Please, In the application for OINP, can I upload the online PDF version of my WES report because I have not yet received the hard copy. Will the application be successful? Thanks
The PDF copy is all you need to show. Remember you are paying WES for OINP to be able to verify directly with them so that's fine.