+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Application sent in November 2015

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys - I want to share my unusual experience -

I had applied on Nov 16th 2015, CRS 421. Over all these months I didnt receive any communication or update from the Ontario office. I called them up day before yesterday and spoke to the operator informing her of my situation and also pointing out that my DD was to expire next week and I was worried.

Guess what she told me? - she took my first name and last name, and replied - 'Sir, during the time we received your application in Nov, we had reached the OOPNP cap for 2015 quota. So we pushed it to 2016 quota. So the date of your application rcvd is MARCH 7th 2016. So your processing time starts from that date. As of now, your file is open for review and you should hear from us soon.'

I don't know how to react to this. :-\

Udayesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
rohitbites said:

I had applied on Nov 16th 2015, CRS 421. Over all these months I didnt receive any communication or update from the Ontario office. I called them up day before yesterday and spoke to the operator informing her of my situation and also pointing out that my DD was to expire next week and I was worried.

Guess what she told me? - she took my first name and last name, and replied - 'Sir, during the time we received your application in Nov, we had reached the OOPNP cap for 2015 quota. So we pushed it to 2016 quota. So the date of your application rcvd is MARCH 7th 2016. So your processing time starts from that date. As of now, your file is open for review and you should hear from us soon.'

Hi, Can you please post your timeline ? ;)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rohitbites said:

What? How can this be even remotely possible? What the hell? December applicants are getting AOR now - there is no way that only your application was pushed to next year's quota. IMO, the operator just said horse crap to you. Immediately write a mail to OINP with what the operator said and ask them if this is true, then how come December applicants and other November applicants who have submitted application after you have got AOR s.

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitbites said:

Do as Raj is advicing. May be OINP misplaced your packet and only re-discovered it on 7-Mar-2016 and perhaps that's why they are giving you that date.

Email them, attach screenshot of courier tracker which shows your application was delivered to OINP on 16-Nov-2015. You may also mention , that several of your friends applied after you in Nov. & Dec. 2015 and they all got the AORs so you are confused .

Let them give you in writing, whatever they are saying. All the Best.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
rohitbites said:

Maybe she mistook your application for a base stream one? Nov 16 is also the date they announced they had met the base stream quota:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

I agree with the other suggestions to email them to clarify, and remind them that your application is in the enhanced stream, and it should not have been affected by the base stream quota being met.

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I actually sent an email to an immigration officer last week requesting for an update. I haven't received anything yet. Then I had to call the operator and listen to the new story. Whom should I send the email to? :-[

sushsub

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amirut88 said:
It is a good news, did they ask additional docs from you?
I received a reply from Ontario that my application "is at the second stage of processing".
I didn't receive additional documents request separately. When i got my AOR, ECA was asked for it. I got a designation change post AOR, so along with ECA i have sent the promotion letter, 6 months payslip, a letter from my supervisor about the revised salary and designation which was notarised.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
rohitbites said:
I actually sent an email to an immigration officer last week requesting for an update. I haven't received anything yet. Then I had to call the operator and listen to the new story. Whom should I send the email to? :-[
Send it to ontarionominee@ontario.ca and copy expressentry@ontario.ca . Good luck!

rohitbites

Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Send it to ontarionominee@ontario.ca and copy expressentry@ontario.ca . Good luck!
I will do that immediately. I hope someone takes a note of it. I can't believe I am stuck up in this muddle. Will it be a good idea to call up an officer directly and speak?

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitbites said:
And what is the difference between base stream and enhanced stream?
@bellaluna is probably correct.

Base provincial nominations are those made outside the Express Entry system, and do NOT fetch 600 points in the EE system. OINP Base stream quota of 2500 got exhausted around 16-Nov.

In the email/telephone call that you make to OINP, emphasize that you applied under Express Entry system. Mention your EE Profile#, Job Seeker code, Passport# and full name in any email that you send them.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DigitalDestiny said:
@bellaluna is most probably correct.

Base provincial nominations are those made outside the Express Entry system, and do NOT fetch 600 points in the EE system. OINP Base stream quota of 2500 got exhausted around 16-Nov.

In the email/telephone call that you make to OINP, emphasize that you applied under Express Entry system. Mention your EE Profile#, Job Seeker code, Passport# and full name in any email that you send them.
Well, might have been the case, yes. I agree. Cannot rule out that possibility.

However, the process for both the streams are different. The operator asked for the OP's name, checked it on the system and then replied with the shocking message. So, if that detail is mentioned on their system, then I cannot explain what is happening. I mean, people who have submitted applications way after the OP have got/are getting AORs. This is a very unique situation.

Let's just hope that the operator was wrong and the OP gets his AOR at the earliest.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
If I still go by my theory, it might have been plain human error during sorting on the day the application was received, as it was the announcement of the quota reached for the base stream. Maybe whoever sorted and stamped the date misunderstood the instruction, like the panic over here on the forum during the announcement. Of course, there's a bigger chance I'm completely wrong about this, and the dates were just a coincidence.

With the other theory that OINP had misplaced the packet and only found it on March 7...if it was their fault, I'm sure they would've found a way to make sure his file catches up with the correct timing with the other November applicants.

I think rohitbites has a good case to appeal, with his DD expiring very soon as well.

Skvach

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rohitbites said:
'Sir, during the time we received your application in Nov, we had reached the OOPNP cap for 2015 quota. So we pushed it to 2016 quota. So the date of your application rcvd is MARCH 7th 2016. So your processing time starts from that date. As of now, your file is open for review and you should hear from us soon.'
C'mon ppl! There is nothing wrong with the answer!

November applicants are in 2016 quota - check your AOR - its says 20160XXXX

Mine file number is 16011xx meaning that 1000 ppl were given AORs before me and they all are from 2016 quota.

The lady on the phone ment that MARCH 7th 2016 is your AOR date, mine for example is 21 of March.

From this date we should count 90 days, because only after they opened you parcel and checked it they consider it as complete.

2015 quota was finished in the first week of last November or even earlier.

2016 quota was probably finished in the first week of February, coz they have more than 1000 applications a month - that's why they don't send PTs. Total number of November, December and January applicants for sure will more than 3000 ppl.

Thats why I always ask ppl to post their file numbers - so we could see the situation with quotas!