+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Application sent in November 2015

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
y2kaine said:
Some of the questions were just too ridiculous and the fact that he wouldn't let me explain them, well was just getting to my nerves. But I decided to keep calm for as long as possible (call lasted for around 10-15 mins). He wasn't being clear on what exactly he wanted from me & he kept saying 'I am not going to confirm anything, you send me what you can and then I will decide if I can accept it' :-\

The thing is that I have all the documentation and yet this guy was being very rude and ridiculous, that has got me nervous. What if I get a rejection because this person doesn't understand how the world works? Is there some senior authority who can assist me? I don't know answers to these questions (maybe someone in the forum might know a way).

The only positive thing I can take from this that I got a very quick response after waiting 4+ months for a bloody acknowledgement and then this happened.
Well, your experience with this officer is different. I have heard from a few other people from this forum that PL is a very nice, polite and friendly guy. One applicant reported that PL gave him his direct office line number and was asked to call on that number if he had any questions. Hmmm - Mixed opinions.

Having said that, lets just hope you get your nomination quickly. "you send me what you can and then I will decide if I can accept it" is definitely not what any applicant wants to hear but be strong - you don't have to worry as long as you have the proper documentation.

God forbid, if Mr. PL intends to reject your application, OINP will send you a "Intent to refuse" letter. You will have another chance to stand your ground and prove them wrong. Once you send your documents after receiving this letter, your file will be reviewed by a senior officer - This officer would not have been a part of your previous decision. Hopefully, it won't come to that. This is just FYI.

sushsub

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My application has reached OINP on November 9th, got my aor on Feb 25th and my case officer is ML. But after that i didn't receive any additional doc request or verification call. Just would like to know officer ML is way behind other officers? Anyone with assigned officer as ML for AOR experiencing delays?

ingeb

Feb 10, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsub said:
My application has reached OINP on November 9th, got my aor on Feb 25th and my case officer is ML. But after that i didn't receive any additional doc request or verification call. Just would like to know officer ML is way behind other officers? Anyone with assigned officer as ML for AOR experiencing delays?
As you can see in the Nov thread, only a few have reveived nomination yet. They are currently finishing Oct applications..

y2kaine

Apr 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Well, your experience with this officer is different. I have heard from a few other people from this forum that PL is a very nice, polite and friendly guy. One applicant reported that PL gave him his direct office line number and was asked to call on that number if he had any questions. Hmmm - Mixed opinions.

Having said that, lets just hope you get your nomination quickly. "you send me what you can and then I will decide if I can accept it" is definitely not what any applicant wants to hear but be strong - you don't have to worry as long as you have the proper documentation.

God forbid, if Mr. PL intends to reject your application, OINP will send you a "Intent to refuse" letter. You will have another chance to stand your ground and prove them wrong. Once you send your documents after receiving this letter, your file will be reviewed by a senior officer - This officer would not have been a part of your previous decision. Hopefully, it won't come to that. This is just FYI.
I can only judge a person based on my personal experience so that is exactly what I shared. As far as I believe, he just had a major confusion regarding my UAE residence visa for which I have now provided an official document.

The rest were just personal stuff, for which I cannot provide evidence other than reference letters - I mean what is the right answer for why did you do this job before and now your doing this? Mate, maybe I was waiting for a better job opportunity and I got one! or why aren't you spending your money in the bank? I don't know, maybe I am one of the rare species that like to save it for future purposes like immigration! :p

I can't even speculate what to expect next, but thanks for the info about 'Intent to refuse'. I didn't know about that, so appreciate your help and wish you all the best with your application. (maybe you not getting a call is a positive sign, just saying) ::)

Cheers!

sushsub

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes - only 4 applicants to be precise. 4 lucky chaps. The rest are waiting!
I am really worried since i havent received addition document request. I have seen many folks who got AOR later than me, got the additional doc request.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
y2kaine said:
I can only judge a person based on my personal experience so that is exactly what I shared. As far as I believe, he just had a major confusion regarding my UAE residence visa for which I have now provided an official document.

The rest were just personal stuff, for which I cannot provide evidence other than reference letters - I mean what is the right answer for why did you do this job before and now your doing this? Mate, maybe I was waiting for a better job opportunity and I got one! or why aren't you spending your money in the bank? I don't know, maybe I am one of the rare species that like to save it for future purposes like immigration! :p

I can't even speculate what to expect next, but thanks for the info about 'Intent to refuse'. I didn't know about that, so appreciate your help and wish you all the best with your application. (maybe you not getting a call is a positive sign, just saying) ::)

Cheers!
Hmmm maybe. I don't know but all i know is its been almost a month since I submitted additional documents and I have not got my nomination yet. I had mailed Mr. PL twice in the meantime and he replied within 1 hour in both the instances and told me that he has received my documents and I am going to hear from him once the documents are reviewed.

I wish all applicants good luck and all the very best !! :)

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sushsub said:
Usually, the case officer that processes your application after AOR is different from the officer that sends you an AOR. You might get additional document request from another officer.

Moreover, the processing time depends mainly on the case (and on the case officer). Mine is a pretty simple case but then the officer is taking long to process my application. We do not know their operating procedure so we cannot make any complete, meaningful analysis on that.

sushsub

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Usually, the case officer that processes your application after AOR is different from the officer that sends you an AOR. You might get additional document request from another officer.

Moreover, the processing time depends mainly on the case (and on the case officer). Mine is a pretty simple case but then the officer is taking long to process my application. We do not know their operating procedure so we cannot make any complete, meaningful analysis on that.
Makes much sense. So only choice left to us is to wait with patience.

farazh89

Star Member
Sep 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
Hmmm maybe. I don't know but all i know is its been almost a month since I submitted additional documents and I have not got my nomination yet. I had mailed Mr. PL twice in the meantime and he replied within 1 hour in both the instances and told me that he has received my documents and I am going to hear from him once the documents are reviewed.

I wish all applicants good luck and all the very best !! :)
Raj how did you email to PL? generic ID? and did you right something specific in the subject line. Because I haven't gotten any sort of acknowledgement from them regarding my additional docs.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
y2kaine said:
Some of the questions were just too ridiculous and the fact that he wouldn't let me explain them, well was just getting to my nerves. But I decided to keep calm for as long as possible (call lasted for around 10-15 mins). He wasn't being clear on what exactly he wanted from me & he kept saying 'I am not going to confirm anything, you send me what you can and then I will decide if I can accept it' :-\

The thing is that I have all the documentation and yet this guy was being very rude and ridiculous, that has got me nervous. What if I get a rejection because this person doesn't understand how the world works? Is there some senior authority who can assist me? I don't know answers to these questions (maybe someone in the forum might know a way).

The only positive thing I can take from this that I got a very quick response after waiting 4+ months for a bloody acknowledgement and then this happened.
Back when they called me (in October), the officer was really to the point. He tried to look very determined and strong but did not say anything like that. He asked about how I worked while I am on a study permit and I took the time to give him details about CIC regulations. He just asked me then to send him an email with the same details again, along with the new study permit that allows me to work longer and freeier in summer! I simply told him I will.

He had doubts about me working and studying ful ltime at the same time in EGypt. I took 10 minutes to describe the laws of my university. The call was tiresome and long, but polite and to the point.

When agents have doubts, just provide details and try to appear that you are always willing to provide details. Do not show any attitude that you think their asking for details is not their rights.

wildemam

Nov 10, 2015
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
y2kaine said:

Cheers!
A satirical approach is not a reasonable approach when it is a new life for you, and a new person he admits into his society for him. Such minute topics may resemble very important things to him. I advice that answers (if repeated the call, or if you send an explanation letter with the same details written to them) be plain and useful even for the most basic things.

y2kaine

Apr 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wildemam said:
Back when they called me (in October), the officer was really to the point. He tried to look very determined and strong but did not say anything like that. He asked about how I worked while I am on a study permit and I took the time to give him details about CIC regulations. He just asked me then to send him an email with the same details again, along with the new study permit that allows me to work longer and freeier in summer! I simply told him I will.

He had doubts about me working and studying ful ltime at the same time in EGypt. I took 10 minutes to describe the laws of my university. The call was tiresome and long, but polite and to the point.

When agents have doubts, just provide details and try to appear that you are always willing to provide details. Do not show any attitude that you think their asking for details is not their rights.
Exactly, the only thing that pissed me was that he called me to clear out his doubts but he wouldn't even let me speak.. communication is 2 way process I believe. And if they have a right to ask for details, even I should be allowed to clarify.

I have tried to explain everything in detail on email without managing to be sarcastic (even had a mate double check it) :p
Here's hoping for the best!

sushsub

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsub said:
Makes much sense. So only choice left to us is to wait with patience.
I got the reply for my inquiry yesterday and they have mentioned my application is in the last stage of processing. Any idea about what does it mean?

amirut88

Star Member
Mar 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sushsub said:
I got the reply for my inquiry yesterday and they have mentioned my application is in the last stage of processing. Any idea about what does it mean?
It is a good news, did they ask additional docs from you?
I received a reply from Ontario that my application "is at the second stage of processing".