+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Application sent in November 2015

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
ryanrf said:
I've actually had a similar situation. In my case the additional docs requirement came after I changed jobs, so I had to send the new one's details. Did not have pay slip for the month after which the request came in. The officer had called me to confirm my reference letter and he did not seem to care about the new job. All he asked for was reference for my previous one to match it with my NOC.
After like 2 weeks from sending my reference letter I did give him a call cause there was no acknowledgement and he said my file has been forwarded to the next stage (and to wait for a few months :'( ).

So unless they ask for something that might conflict with your employment records I don't think you need to send. For us November applicants additions requirement again would be odd. My officer for additional docs was PL btw.
Okay my officer is PL too. I never received a call. However, I was requested additional documentation though e-mail and I submitted everything the very next day. He acknowledged the receipt of the documents. After a couple of days, when I e-mailed him asking about the status of the application (Yea, I know, this was too soon), he said "We have received your documents.. They will be reviewed and you will hear from us if we need more documents". I did this like 3 times after my first e-mail requesting status and PL replied on the very same day. After that, no replies from PL.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
you can change jobs.

doesn't matter, and they won't ask you for reference letter bcz it will be meaningless as you won't have one year full time, unless this wait continues to Aug 2017!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
shashidhar_sm said:
So, back to my original question: Advisable to switch jobs now? :)
You can safely switch jobs. Your application is assessed with the details mentioned in the OINP application. Once you join the new employer, you can send an e-mail to OINP mentioning the same.

Good luck and all the very best!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Guys - I sent OINP a query a couple of hours back asking them when tentatively November applicants will receive nomination. I got the following reply just now -

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your application is currently in the last stage of processing; it has not been finalized yet.

Processing is taking longer than usual due to the large number of applications in our inventory.

As such, there is no tentative timeline as to when you can expect a decision to be made.

You can always follow up with us through email or by giving us a call, but please note that you will be contacted should further information/documentation be required or once the decision will be made.

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) appreciates your patience as it works diligently to process the high-volume of applications received.

Please note that if you are in Canada, it is your responsibility to remain in legal status throughout the time while your application is being processed by our program.

Thank you for your interest in the OINP.
What came as a bombshell is the statement highlighted in RED above. Seriously? Indefinite delay is what I infer from that statement. Its like they are saying "We will issue the nomination whenever we want to. You shut up and sit tight". This is simply unacceptable!

At least they take time to reply to my e-mails -I appreciate that.

vencentdsouza

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Mumbai - India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
4112 / 6221
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIC 07-11-2016
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
OINP - 29-11-2016
AOR Received.
CIC 08-11-2016
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
DONE 05-11-2016 UPLOADED 09-11-2016 PASSED 17-11-2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
AWAITED
VISA ISSUED...
AWAITED
LANDED..........
AWAITED
One more CEC nomination.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/recent-unread-topics/-t393982.2565.html;topicseen

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
vencentdsouza said:
One more CEC nomination.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/recent-unread-topics/-t393982.2565.html;topicseen
The link that you have provided points to page number 172 in the thread "OINP/ Ontario PNP sent in Jan 2016, Lets connect Here". The date of post = January 19, 2016.

However, on the first page of the same thread, I can see that someone has got AOR. Were you trying to say someone got AOR but accidentally said nomination instead?

dhasha1

Dec 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2015
Nomination.....
20-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016
Med's Request
03-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
I guess here is what he is talking about.

prayosa said:
Hello Guys,

I was a silent follower on this forum. With the grace of god, today I got the nomination.

Application sent: JAN 11
AOR received: 19th May
Nomination: 27 July

Nastaran70

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Hi everybody
Ive got an email with this subject {Notification - Referral of Nominee Application to the Decision Phase [GG]} on 21 June,
Now I want to send an inquiry regarding the status of my application mail, just for doing something while waiting,
Do you suggest just replying this email back? Or you believe this wouldn't be very polite to reply a senior officer 's email back?
Thank you for your suggestions

knightkax

Star Member
Nov 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/11/2016
Nomination.....
29/10/2016
AOR Received.
11/11/2016
Med's Done....
07/11/2016
Passport Req..
08/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
15/03/2017
Nastaran70 said:
Hi everybody
Ive got an email with this subject {Notification - Referral of Nominee Application to the Decision Phase [GG]} on 21 June,
Now I want to send an inquiry regarding the status of my application mail, just for doing something while waiting,
Do you suggest just replying this email back? Or you believe this wouldn't be very polite to reply a senior officer 's email back?

I too have received the same mail stating that my application was moved to decision phase on june 21. Am not sure but I am guessing you'd just get the same old generic reply. but worth the shot anyways.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Nastaran70 said:
Hi everybody
I suggest you do absolutely nothing just don't bug them, you WILL be nominated very soon

MZASAM

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@dhasha1 A million congrats!! for you NOM.

@Rajkamal It seems OINP is focused only on CEC at the moment.
Though your NOM is ready, along with other applicants,
they will release it soon.

Skvach

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
knightkax said:
I too have received the same mail stating that my application was moved to decision phase on june 21.
Did they reply to your email or just wrote you one to inform about the decision phase?

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
Skvach said:
Did they reply to your email or just wrote you one to inform about the decision phase?
Same question here. Was this in response to your enquiry or did OINP just send you that mail?

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
You can safely switch jobs. Your application is assessed with the details mentioned in the OINP application. Once you join the new employer, you can send an e-mail to OINP mentioning the same.

Good luck and all the very best!
maged_mmh said:
you can change jobs.

doesn't matter, and they won't ask you for reference letter bcz it will be meaningless as you won't have one year full time, unless this wait continues to Aug 2017!!
Thanks Raj, maged_mmh and ryanrf. I am considering a job change and wanted to know the implications of it.