+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Application sent in November 2015

malican

May 24, 2016
noramime said:
Hi all, I sent an email to OINP (as usual to inquire of the status of my applic) last Monday, and they replied informing me it is STILL on the 2nd stage. They said that next is the 'final stage of processing'. I also asked what will happen to my EE profile if it expires awaiting nomination to which I got their reply:

STEPS TO TAKE IF EXPRESS ENTRY PROFILE EXPIRES:

If the profile on which you received a Letter of Interest became ineligible, you have to advise our office.

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will continue to process your application if you create a new Express Entry profile, however, to do so we require you to provide the following within 30 calendar days of receipt of this notice:
1. The Express Entry number/job seeker validation code for your new profile;
2. A copy of the letter you have received from Citizenship and Immigration Canada acknowledging the new profile; and
3. A letter explaining why you updated your profile and a list of the additional or updated information you provided in your new Express Entry profile.

Please be advised that OINP may require you provide additional or updated documents to support your application.
OINP staff will contact you directly should documentation be required.

All statements and authorizations that you agreed to in your original application continue to apply to any new information you provide to support your application.

If you provide false or incomplete information, your application will be denied.

Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program | Programme Ontarien des Candidats à l’Immigration
I am in a similar position as mine will be expiring in Sept. Hoping for nomination before! However, when you redo your profile please let me know how it went and OINP's response to your updated email. Lucky that they responded to you, I sent them emails two months ago and another a few weeks ago and no response. And thanks for sharing the email.

noramime

Jan 4, 2016
Toronto
malican said:
I am in a similar position as mine will be expiring in Sept. Hoping for nomination before! However, when you redo your profile please let me know how it went and OINP's response to your updated email. Lucky that they responded to you, I sent them emails two months ago and another a few weeks ago and no response. And thanks for sharing the email.
No worries, mine will expire on Oct though I just thought I should know these things early on. Yeap, they replied 2 days after I sent an email, but sadly still no movement on my application. We can only hope that August will be our month. Praying with you on the 'elusive' nomination.

malican

May 24, 2016
noramime said:
No worries, mine will expire on Oct though I just thought I should know these things early on. Yeap, they replied 2 days after I sent an email, but sadly still no movement on my application. We can only hope that August will be our month. Praying with you on the 'elusive' nomination.
Maybe I can try changing the subject of my email. If you are willing to share - what was your subject?

noramime

Jan 4, 2016
Toronto
malican said:
Maybe I can try changing the subject of my email. If you are willing to share - what was your subject?
Subject is: Application Status Inquiry- Express Entry

But in the details, I added that I just want to know the status so I could prepare my course of action in case my EE profile expires and stressed out that this worries me a LOT!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
noramime said:
What did they mention about the status? For the past 5 emails, like I have already mentioned earlier in this thread, I've been getting the same thing "The file referenced below has not been finalized yet".

noramime

Jan 4, 2016
Toronto
rajkamalmohanram said:
What did they mention about the status? For the past 5 emails, like I have already mentioned earlier in this thread, I've been getting the same thing "The file referenced below has not been finalized yet".
They informed me that my file is on the 2nd stage of processing (STILL) and that the next stage is the final stage.
Then the steps to do if my EE profile expires...

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Raj, you have written down the steps to be followed if the profile expires, right? Can you please share the details.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
noramime said:
They informed me that my file is on the 2nd stage of processing (STILL) and that the next stage is the final stage.
Then the steps to do if my EE profile expires...
Oh okay - so second stage is "Pending Review by Investigator/Analyst". Argh, the light of the end of the tunnel seems to be a long, long way ahead!

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
Oh okay - so second stage is "Pending Review by Investigator/Analyst". Argh, the light of the end of the tunnel seems to be a long, long way ahead!
I received the same mail yesterday evening, that my application is in the second stage of processing. Pretty lame.

But one thing I did notice in this particular mail is that they are not lamenting about too many applications in the backlog - in fact there is no mention of it. Just says "Thank you for your patience." at the end. Of course, I do not know if this means anything. :p

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
Raj, and others:

Need your thoughts on this: If I change my job, how does it affect my application? Do I have to send in new reference letters, and update OINP that I have changed my job? Or updating my EE profile would suffice at this point in time?

Thanks!

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
I don't remember writing such a post Piyush! I can create one if required.
Sorry, I thought you had written it, but I guess you can update your OINP guide to include this as well.

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......
shashidhar_sm said:
Raj, and others:

Need your thoughts on this: If I change my job, how does it affect my application? Do I have to send in new reference letters, and update OINP that I have changed my job? Or updating my EE profile would suffice at this point in time?

Thanks!
I'm also in a similar situation Shashidhar.
I'm only holding on to my current job as I don't want to go through the headache of reference letters, update change of personal information etc and what not.

ryanrf

Jan 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shashidhar_sm said:
Raj, and others:

Thanks!
I've actually had a similar situation. In my case the additional docs requirement came after I changed jobs, so I had to send the new one's details. Did not have pay slip for the month after which the request came in. The officer had called me to confirm my reference letter and he did not seem to care about the new job. All he asked for was reference for my previous one to match it with my NOC.
After like 2 weeks from sending my reference letter I did give him a call cause there was no acknowledgement and he said my file has been forwarded to the next stage (and to wait for a few months :'( ).

So unless they ask for something that might conflict with your employment records I don't think you need to send. For us November applicants additions requirement again would be odd. My officer for additional docs was PL btw.