+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Application sent in March 2016

Fly2Can

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
averma said:
Guys I have a question although not related to AOR..
My current passport does not have my wife's name and vice versa. Although I have the marriage certificate but I was thinking to get my wife's name included in my passport. I have checked the procedure on the website and have consulted many people.. To add spouse name in the passport I will need to raise an online request for "Reissue of Passport". This implies that I will be getting a new passport and the new passport number will only or for a new passport I am not sure if it will be valid until Nov be mentioned in the new passport. My current passport is expiring in Nov years from the new issue date. What do you guys advice. Shall I go for it?

I was just thinking that I will need to inform OINP by sending them an LOE that I got my spouse name included in my passport. Will it create confusion? Shall I go for this?

Please advice guys.
Dear sir

If your passport has number of pages along with few years of expiry then you can visit passport office to get your wife name endorsed. They simply will use one page of your passport and show as an amendment by keeping it for a few days.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
averma said:
Guys I have a question although not related to AOR..
My current passport does not have my wife's name and vice versa. Although I have the marriage certificate but I was thinking to get my wife's name included in my passport. I have checked the procedure on the website and have consulted many people.. To add spouse name in the passport I will need to raise an online request for "Reissue of Passport". This implies that I will be getting a new passport and the new passport number will only or for a new passport I am not sure if it will be valid until Nov be mentioned in the new passport. My current passport is expiring in Nov years from the new issue date. What do you guys advice. Shall I go for it?

I was just thinking that I will need to inform OINP by sending them an LOE that I got my spouse name included in my passport. Will it create confusion? Shall I go for this?

Please advice guys.
Ideally, there is no need for you to have your spouse's name on your passport as you have already have the marriage certificate. But I remember one case where the applicant approached PSK for PCC and they did not issue PCC to them as his wife's name was not added in his passport. Therefore, he had to get his wife's name added in the new passport and then get the PCC.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
Fly2Can said:
Dear sir

If your passport has number of pages along with few years of expiry then you can visit passport office to get your wife name endorsed. They simply will use one page of your passport and show as an amendment by keeping it for a few days.
Do they still do endorsements in India? As far as I know, they stopped endorsements some time back.

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
Stanlee said:
Ideally, there is no need for you to have your spouse's name on your passport as you have already have the marriage certificate. But I remember one case where the applicant approached PSK for PCC and they did not issue PCC to them as his wife's name was not added in his passport. Therefore, he had to get his wife's name added in the new passport and then get the PCC.
This is precisely the point. My wife has applied for Australia PR where she is primary applicant and will need PCC for her. Her passport has her parents address where she stayed long time back. Since she left her home for work she has stayed in Mumbai and after marriage with me at my address. Point is if I go to PSK for her PCC her address mentioned in passport is not same to where she is currently staying.

Someone suggested me that go to PSK and get a latest one year bank statement from a government bank and it should mention the current address where she is staying. We will be able to manage this. Also she is a government bank employee so she will be able to get an address certificate from bank which will mention her current address. So PCC may be obtained without changes in my or her passport.

Other alternative someone told me was to add her name in my passport and then get my name in her passport. This will ensure that her address changes in new passport to current address which makes life easier for obtaining PCC.

All I wanted to know is how will this affect my OINP application if I get her name endorsed in my passport as my passport number will change and also issue date and expiry date.

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
Stanlee said:
Do they still do endorsements in India? As far as I know, they stopped endorsements some time back.
yeah again u are correct. They reissue everything now. They don't endorse.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
averma said:
This is precisely the point. My wife has applied for Australia PR where she is primary applicant and will need PCC for her. Her passport has her parents address where she stayed long time back. Since she left her home for work she has stayed in Mumbai and after marriage with me at my address. Point is if I go to PSK for her PCC her address mentioned in passport is not same to where she is currently staying.

Someone suggested me that go to PSK and get a latest one year bank statement from a government bank and it should mention the current address where she is staying. We will be able to manage this. Also she is a government bank employee so she will be able to get an address certificate from bank which will mention her current address. So PCC may be obtained without changes in my or her passport.

Other alternative someone told me was to add her name in my passport and then get my name in her passport. This will ensure that her address changes in new passport to current address which makes life easier for obtaining PCC.

All I wanted to know is how will this affect my OINP application if I get her name endorsed in my passport as my passport number will change and also issue date and expiry date.
If you are getting a new passport with wife's name added, you will have to update your Express Entry profile and intimate OINP by sending Change of Personal Information From along with copy of your passport.

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
Stanlee said:
If you are getting a new passport with wife's name added, you will have to update your Express Entry profile and intimate OINP by sending Change of Personal Information From along with copy of your passport.
Yup absolutely sounds logical. I should get my AOR by end of this week and then hopefully Nomination by 30th September or maximum October 10 and then ITA by October 25. Once I get an ITA I would not be able to make changes in my EE profile. Just need to find out if I can get the new passport issued by September 20.

averma

Aug 9, 2015
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2016
Doc's Request.
10-11-2016
Nomination.....
16-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-08-2016
angel1719 said:
Monday morning, keeping hopes for shower of AOR to begin today :D
Monday morning here but Sunday night in Canada.. By evening today we shall start getting updates.

aditik15

Jun 28, 2015
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
LANDED..........
26-04-2017
Hoping for my aor today ;D

aditik15

Jun 28, 2015
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-01-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
LANDED..........
26-04-2017
angel1719 said:
yes yes true. By evening we should start expecting AOR
Yes Aditi, today is your turn.
It feel like school days when we used to get our exam results :-X

angel1719

Oct 25, 2015
aditik15 said:
It feel like school days when we used to get our exam results :-X
Hahaha, yes actually we all were mentally prepared for the wait seeing the history, now that they have paced up and our time is almost round the corner, anxiety has kicked in and it is at its peak.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
averma said:
Yup absolutely sounds logical. I should get my AOR by end of this week and then hopefully Nomination by 30th September or maximum October 10 and then ITA by October 25. Once I get an ITA I would not be able to make changes in my EE profile. Just need to find out if I can get the new passport issued by September 20.
Yes, you can get a new passport in 24 - 48 hours, if applied under Tatkaal. I got mine renewed and passport delivered in 24 hours.