+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OCI process

Navs11

Star Member
Sep 8, 2021
Hi

I'm posting on behalf of my brother. Vancouver timeline for my brother. We were about to lose hope hehe.

But canadian immigration journey has taught us one lesson-Anything can come as a surprise at any time. Today logged in checked status.
Good luck to all waiting:)

Date Of Acknowledgment30-May-2024
Registration Status at MissionVANCOUVER
OCI- Number××××××
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn07-AUG-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn07-AUG-2024
Document received AtVANCOUVEROn07-AUG-2024
Vancouver CGI is damn slow man. My ack date is July 8th. If i go by the above timeline, I am atleast looking at a month minimum to expect some update.

s-ingh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Vancouver CGI is damn slow man. My ack date is July 8th. If i go by the above timeline, I am atleast looking at a month minimum to expect some update.
Received the OCI today. Atleast, 60-70 days Vancouver CGI takes, but I'm seeing the Toronto timelines-they're relatively faster.

Anyways, we sent the application by post by May 18 in Surrey and it took 10 days by BLS Surrey & CGI Vancouver to acknowledge the receipt of application.

Shubh1997

Aug 4, 2018
Received the OCI today. Atleast, 60-70 days Vancouver CGI takes, but I'm seeing the Toronto timelines-they're relatively faster.

Anyways, we sent the application by post by May 18 in Surrey and it took 10 days by BLS Surrey & CGI Vancouver to acknowledge the receipt of application.
What was your date of acknowledgment?
mine was June 15,2024

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
are you sure if that is correct? . Parents are currently Canadians
Irrespective you being Canadians now you as parents had an Indian passport previously before becoming Canadian citizen
You surrendered your Indian citizenship and cancelled your Indian passport.
Your minor who may have been born here in Canada is a Canadian citizen but born to Indian origin parents.

Relation With the Root Indian: Father or Mother..

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oci-application-process-for-indian-canadians-avoid-common-pitfalls.786394/post-10328128

Reactions: adstarscream732

AFSHANKHATOON

Star Member
Dec 21, 2022
I applied at BLS walkin Vancouver on July 19. Same day BLS website had update UNDERPROCESS. Even today it shows same status. OCI website shows status NO RECORD.
Can you please tell me which website showed you ACKNOWLEDGEMENT status? Did you receive an acknowledgement email? if yes, who was the sender? The reason i am asking this is because i want to go to BLS and ask them why i have not received any acknowledgement. Thanks.

BeerBeem

Feb 1, 2022
Update from Toronto..
In person appointment at BLS Toronto on 28 - June - 2024
Date Of Acknowledgment05-JUL-2024
Documents Printing StatusPROCESSEDOn29-JUL-2024
Dispatched From MEA (OCI )NEW DELHIOn30-JUL-2024
Document received AtTORONTOOn
OCI ready for Dispatch from BLS - 08-August-2024
OCI card received at hand. - 09-August-2024

“BLS...Bye! Bye! Bye!":cool: