VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
New OCI status:
Acknowledgment 14 Aug
Processed: 6th Oct
Dispatched from Delhi: 6th October
Document received in Ottawa: 12th October
Ready for collection - Pctober 13th
Applied walk-in from Montreal. Ottawa jurisdiction. Did not opt for courier service.
Atlast :) You got it a bit fast. Hope it continues.

Mohitashv

Dec 2, 2016
My dad applied for OCI at BLS Surrey as walk-in on Sep 05. His status on OCI tracker changed to processed on October 11. The BLS tracker is still showing processing at consulate. Any body knows what it means and when can I expect BLS to dispatch it?
Thankyou.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
Still no acknowledgement for me. Should have just walked in on Sep 23.

Lost precious days!! :(
After you get the OCI ask the Consulate why BLS took so long to pass it on. They are not supposed to sit on it for a week.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
My dad applied for OCI at BLS Surrey as walk-in on Sep 05. His status on OCI tracker changed to processed on October 11. The BLS tracker is still showing processing at consulate. Any body knows what it means and when can I expect BLS to dispatch it?
Thankyou.
After the "processed" stage, the OCI booklet has to get signed and stamped by a Consul officer. Then its passed on to BLS. Sometimes this takes a few days. When BLS has it the status at their site will update to "Counter delivery to BLS after OCI stamping" or some such. They generally dispatch it within a day or two from then.

Mohitashv

Dec 2, 2016
After the "processed" stage, the OCI booklet has to get signed and stamped by a Consul officer. Then its passed on to BLS. Sometimes this takes a few days. When BLS has it the status at their site will update to "Counter delivery to BLS after OCI stamping" or some such. They generally dispatch it within a day or two from then.

thankyou @eas2lv

samjj2

Star Member
Mar 4, 2015
For someone who applied recently in Toronto it took about 2 months for a foreign spouse OCI. Not that much slower than self-basis applicants.

For establishing connection to a deceased great grandfather, the applicant will need to get a nativity certificate from India which could be an involved process if the connection goes back to three generations. Much easier to apply on spousal basis.
Thank you for your response.
I am going to wait for mine and then apply for my spouse as a foreign, that sounds more easier.

Sk5142

Oct 11, 2023
I have a question, if the oci status tracker says that the OCI is delivered to BLS , can we go to BLS for pick up even if we have chose delivery option. ( no need for refund though) but can we try?

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Reactions: Sk5142

catalyst06

Dec 9, 2019
I submitted walk-in application yesterday. You need to be in queue from 9pm a night before which gives you 80% chance of having your application submitted. I was standing from 9:30pm and I got my turn at 12pm. Remember, they stop taking applications after 1:30pm.

A day earlier, I went at 4am, waited til 1:30pm but did not get my turn.
Situation at Brampton BLS is worst than anywhere else.
I wonder why would one have to wait all night or even few hours, where it is quite easy to book appointment in advance all one has to do ia plan for few weeks in advance.

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I have a question, if the oci status tracker says that the OCI is delivered to BLS , can we go to BLS for pick up even if we have chose delivery option. ( no need for refund though) but can we try?
Search here, someone posted a comment about this in last couple of days saying local BLS office told them informally that they can come and pick it up the day its received (before they dispatch by courier). I would think it depends on the BLS office especially if its one that does not normally allow collection. Definitely worth a try if you have an urgent need like have to travel soon.

Reactions: Sk5142

eas2lv

Champion Member
Oct 6, 2023
Toronto
Category........
WP
Visa Office......
Toronto
NOC Code......
I wonder why would one have to wait all night or even few hours, where it is quite easy to book appointment in advance all one has to do ia plan for few weeks in advance.
Appointments have been very hard to come by for a while now. I have been trying since Sept 21 and the earliest I got was Oct 17th. So walk-in is the only option when you do not have the luxury of waiting that long or not lucky enough to find an appt slot open for the next day the moment you look at it, as it happened to someone the other day.

CABA

Jan 14, 2016
Or better book a postal pick and drop - adds only 4-5 more days to the process

sunil hans

Aug 11, 2016
Here is My OCI Timeline
Jurisdiction - Vancouver
Applied at Calgary (Walk in)
Applied on - Sept 1st
Acknowledged on - Sept 06
Processed on - Oct 11
Dispatched from MEA - Oct 11
Received at Vancouver - Oct 11
Counter delivery to BLS after stamping - Oct 12
Ready for Delivery after Stamping - Oct 13
Today got message from Purolator that they picked it up and will deliver on Monday.

Last edited:

niswe

Apr 5, 2017
In same situation, I have my real sisters wedding in early November and suppose to fly on Oct 27th and both evisa and OCI are in process and no alternatives.. Dont know when will situation improve :( I hope you can make it on time
Add 20 days to your acknowledgment. This is when your consulate should get auto approval if no comment or clearance note by security firm on your file.
Assuming no issues with your file you can try if consulate can print and give you OCI on priority after this 20 days.

I would say now itself you go and meet them in person to request and see how they can help after 20 days period. Show them your travel tickets and marriage card as proof.
Don’t know if any of this will help but I hope it does and no harm in trying.

Below is the link which mentions this 20 days rule.
https://www.mha.gov.in/PDF_Other/BROCHURE_OCI_25042017.pdf