+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi.. I have just contacted CIC office and came to know that my file transfer from

St.Clair to Scarborough office any idea how long it will take ???My file is pending

since 40 months.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm guess it should be another 2-3 months max. did you ask if its granted or approved?

thanks

janoo said:
Hi.. I have just contacted CIC office and came to know that my file transfer from

St.Clair to Scarborough office any idea how long it will take ???My file is pending

since 40 months.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi. Balaji

Thanks my file was with officer review from November - March 4 months.

your file under review since Jan. hopefully your file will be transfer soon.

Yes I spoke about my file approve or not she did not reply she just said that

Scarborough office will schedule interview/test, did not say when as I do not

need test they will arrange interview ???

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So file was transferred to Scarborough in end of March or April? Lets hope for the best.

thanks

janoo said:
Hi. Balaji

Thanks my file was with officer review from November - March 4 months.

your file under review since Jan. hopefully your file will be transfer soon.

Yes I spoke about my file approve or not she did not reply she just said that

Scarborough office will schedule interview/test, did not say when as I do not

need test they will arrange interview ???

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BalajiR said:
I'm guess it should be another 2-3 months max. did you ask if its granted or approved?

thanks
You are right . From another forum a user has reported receiving his oath date 3 months after the file was approved (according to ATIP reports). For the life of me I can't see the reason why applicants who have waited so long need to wait 3 months extra whereas newbies receive the oaths within two week of the test.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hope all our waiting game will be over am so much frustrated waited 40 months

still no oath.. file with Scarborough office to St.clair ( went for field trip for 3 years )

and return to scarbrough.. and than again waiting game started...

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

I can understand janoo...... it looks like we'll all be together taking the oath together.......... lets says before end of may............

thanks

janoo said:
Hope all our waiting game will be over am so much frustrated waited 40 months

still no oath.. file with Scarborough office to St.clair ( went for field trip for 3 years )

and return to scarbrough.. and than again waiting game started...

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

I did my monthly call to CIC, they told me that my RQ review is complete, now it is waiting for final decision?

Any ideas, will they wait till Christmas to make the decision ;)

cherrychen514

Star Member
Mar 7, 2014
vinaypuri said:
Hi Guys,

I did my monthly call to CIC, they told me that my RQ review is complete, now it is waiting for final decision?

Why don't you order a ATIP to know some details of your case! My ATIP shows my file assigned to a officer for review on jan 16 ,2015 which pretty close as you,also shows my applicant has been approved and granted ,file sent to cic Scarborough for ceremony. But iidon't know how long it willtake. Hope we can get oath letter soon.

Lunaking

Nov 28, 2014
vinaypuri said:
Hi Guys,

You are pretty close to the final line. Give it 4 to 5 months for your oath. Once review is complete they will transfer your file back to your area office who will queue you for the oath.

debonair388

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have been reading these posts for a while now so i am deciding to share my timeline:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 9, 2014.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on March 9, 2014. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on April 16, 2014.

RQ received June and was responded to in June 2014

We sent you a notice on September 25, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on October 10, 2014 at 9:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Test passed: 100%

Oath Waiting

Additional Updates

*ATIP requested Jan 2014: No real update except that no hearing required
*ATIP requested Mar 2014: Still Pending
*Called CIC yesterday and was advised that my first was transferred to a supervisor (I'm assuming an CJ since I am short 43 days due to travelling for work) for final approval. Agent was very nice (first nice agent ever since I've been dealing with CIC for all these years) and said this is a good sign that they are not requesting additional information from me and that I should have everything by this summer if my case is approved.

Fingers crossed it will be soon :)

white_rhino

May 6, 2015
Hi all,
Had my citizenship oath. My timeline is:

Jul 2012-Applied for citizenship
Nov 2013-citizenship test followed by RQ
Nov 2013 RQ documents submitted
May 2015 invitation to appear for an oath.

My application constantly bounced from Mississauga to st Clair to Scarborough. Good luck to all, who wait, just have patience and stay focused.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations white_rhino........... finally done...

Looks like there is a progress on the 2011-12 applications......

thanks

white_rhino said:
Hi all,

My application constantly bounced from Mississauga to st Clair to Scarborough. Good luck to all, who wait, just have patience and stay focused.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
white_rhino said:
Hi all,

Congrats. We have similar timelines.