+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vinaypuri said:
Hi Guys,

I did my monthly call to CIC, they told me that my RQ review is complete, now it is waiting for final decision?

Any ideas, will they wait till Christmas to make the decision ;)
Great news !!
Hang tight... your time is coming .

Looks like I will be closing the light in the club of unfortunates :)

icemwaahh

Nov 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
white_rhino said:
Hi all,
Had my citizenship oath. My timeline is:

Jul 2012-Applied for citizenship
Nov 2013-citizenship test followed by RQ
Nov 2013 RQ documents submitted
May 2015 invitation to appear for an oath.

My application constantly bounced from Mississauga to st Clair to Scarborough. Good luck to all, who wait, just have patience and stay focused.
any idea why you were RQed?

janoo

May 16, 2014
congratulation. keep smiling...

and good luck for your future life.

my file is pending since 40 months... let hope some good news for me as well.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
janoo said:
congratulation. keep smiling...

and good luck for your future life.

my file is pending since 40 months... let hope some good news for me as well.

Have you approached your MP's office ? Normally, when a MP's staff request an update on applicant's behalf, CIC responds within a week.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Yes I do approach my MP three times same reply file under back ground check up
and than proceed to next stage...

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
janoo said:
Yes I do approach my MP three times same reply file under back ground check up
and than proceed to next stage...
If its taking so long, there is no harm in reaching your MP again, let him/her know exactly tough time the CIC is giving to applicants.

More ever, if the CIC receive multiple reminders from MP's staff, they will feel the urgency to act upon.

janoo

May 16, 2014
I have return from Lawyer to check the possibility of mandamus the lawyer have

taken small amounts for initial consultant and than send me back with the word

patient ? now am seriously thinking how long I have to be patient today

my file enter into 41 months and still I have to take the medicine of patient ?

let hope next week will bring some good news ??

Any one have any good news keep up date this give some hope ?

examinfeb

Apr 14, 2014
--------
I have return from Lawyer to check the possibility of mandamus the lawyer have

taken small amounts for initial consultant and than send me back with the word

patient
------------
Did the lawyer refuse to file for mandamus? That's strange?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
white_rhino said:
Mostly due to often visits to the states and lack of appropriate border crossing stramps in passports.
The CIC officials know that the US or Canadian border officials not always stamp passport for every visit. Yet they use this pretext to delay the application processing. Possibly, we obtain the cross border records from CBSA as proof if required.

Bottom line, unless the CIC put their act together and decide to expedite the process they will continue to find excuses to cause delays.

freebird3000

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
I did my citizenship test & interview on Feb 10 , 2014 . Since then my file has been waiting for review & assessment by the citizenship officer.

According to my latest ATIP , the preliminary review was completed and referred to level 2 decision maker for final decision on Feb 2015.

I also realized that my RQ was reviewed by the same officer who interviewed me in Feb 2014. My file did not get assigned to a new officer.

I have no idea why it took a year for the same officer to complete the review. She also renewed FOSS & immigration clearances in Feb 2015.

According to the ATIP , RCMP and security clearances been renewed by Sydney on March 30 , 2015

I called the call center today , and i was informed that my file is with level 2 decision maker since May 1. ( a week ago)

when i was going through the ATIP report and comparing it with the previous ones , I realized that my file's location been changed from " RQ queue" to " decision ready pilot program).

I hope this so called " final decision maker " to get my file finalized .

I just wanted to share this with you all .
I know how frustrating it is to wait this long . I am waiting for 27 month now , and i know some of you are waiting for years .

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freebird3000 said:
I did my citizenship test & interview on Feb 10 , 2014 . Since then my file has been waiting for review & assessment by the citizenship officer.

According to my latest ATIP , the preliminary review was completed and referred to level 2 decision maker for final decision on Feb 2015.

I also realized that my RQ was reviewed by the same officer who interviewed me in Feb 2014. My file did not get assigned to a new officer.

I have no idea why it took a year for the same officer to complete the review. She also renewed FOSS & immigration clearances in Feb 2015.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I have same story with you and I will be finishing my waiting game 36th month this sunday.... still no oath yet...

According to the ATIP , RCMP and security clearances been renewed by Sydney on March 30 , 2015

I called the call center today , and i was informed that my file is with level 2 decision maker since May 1. ( a week ago)

when i was going through the ATIP report and comparing it with the previous ones , I realized that my file's location been changed from " RQ queue" to " decision ready pilot program).

I know how frustrating it is to wait this long . I am waiting for 27 month now , and i know some of you are waiting for years .

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freebird3000 said:

Ditto. Same story here. RQ waiting for 2nd officer to make decision.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
freebird3000 said:

Forty one months and counting.

I did my monthly call to the CIC. Zilch, Nada, nothing has happened to my file since the day I took my test. I wonder what those CIC bums actually do during the day. Do they work?

stonelzl

May 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone help? What is ATIP? How do you know your file has been transferred between office? Thanks!