+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djoli said:
There is nothing strange here, everything is done deliberately to discourage us from pursuing further by dragging their feet and requesting tons of documents that they will never have time review. CIC is deliberately delaying old applications to focus more on new ones. It should not take an officer more than a day to review an RQ, instead, they are taking years....completely disgusting.
I have to agree with you.

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
Nothing new on my side....

Application: April 2012
Test: February 2012 (RQ given on the test day)
RQ returned to CIC: March 2013
File assigned to officer: January 15, 2015...

Still waiting for updates...

janoo said:
Hi... all.. any news this week kindly update... all who are waiting for 30-50 months.

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
A note from my ATIP states the following:

"RQ case-preliminary review completed; referred to level 2 decision maker for final decision. cd-cen/on"

Does anybody had similar notes or what this means?

Thanks

walrus189 said:
Nothing new on my side....

Application: April 2012
Test: February 2012 (RQ given on the test day)
RQ returned to CIC: March 2013
File assigned to officer: January 15, 2015...

Still waiting for updates...

walrus189

Star Member
Apr 6, 2013
walrus189 said:

"RQ case-preliminary review completed; referred to level 2 decision maker for final decision. cd-cen/on"

Thanks
I also called CIC and the officer read me the same note. The note is dated in February; how long does it take for them to make a decision?

meowmm

Sep 8, 2014
Hi, Walrus189,

I called Call Center yesterday and they said similar thing. The agent said preliminary review has been completed in mid Feb 2015, now is in the queue for more completed review. The agent does not say level 2 decision maker for final decision. I asked if my case has been assigned to any officier. He said he didn't see it.

Maybe I should ask an ATP to check for sure or ask my MP to check for me.

Could u share your timeline. Mine is:

application submitted: Jan 2013
start processing: March 2013
RQ received: Sept 2013
RQ and doc submitted: Oct 2013
Citizenship test: Feb 2014

walrus189 said:

Thanks

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
meowmm said:
Hi, Walrus189,

I called Call Center yesterday and they said similar thing. The agent said preliminary review has been completed in mid Feb 2015, now is in the queue for more completed review. The agent does not say level 2 decision maker for final decision. I asked if my case has been assigned to any officier. He said he didn't see it.

Maybe I should ask an ATP to check for sure or ask my MP to check for me.

Could u share your timeline. Mine is:

application submitted: Jan 2013
start processing: March 2013
RQ received: Sept 2013
RQ and doc submitted: Oct 2013
Citizenship test: Feb 2014
I would think that the call center agent should be able to tell you if your file was assigned to an officer. I would be a bit skeptical about "preliminary" reviews and what it means for your applications. At one point in the past a call center agent led me to believe that my oath is imminent as my RQ is currently being reviewed. All I can say is that this conversation took place about 1 years ago and I still have had my oath.

Having said that I am hopeful that your things are moving forward as we have similar timelines.

janoo

May 16, 2014
Have wrote to Minister month ago, today I got the reply same as CIC inform me on
daily basis file under review and asap will be inform about the next stage...

any one else have got a reply from Minister ??

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
janoo said:
Have wrote to Minister month ago, today I got the reply same as CIC inform me on
daily basis file under review and asap will be inform about the next stage...

any one else have got a reply from Minister ??
I did. Took them 2 months to write back a standard nonsense letter saying your file is in queue waiting to be 'processed' by your local office. So I printed their letter and sent it back to them with my own typed letter. I wrote that your letter didn't answer my questions and I m restating my questions again. Also, make sure you write to your local office's citizenship case management section by sending them a nice polite typed letter.
Don't relent on these idiots.