+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

laomai

Apr 17, 2014
Hi guys,

I got my 3rd ATIP report more than a month ago. I can see that my file has been approved by the CJ on June 9th and my file's status is ready for ceremony. I called CIC and was informed by the agent the same information as well.

I received 4th ATIP report a few days ago. It says my file was transferred to Scarborough Office on June 14th (local office is St. Clair Office, not Scarborough). The file's status is still ready for ceremony. I called CIC last week to find out if I will receive my oath letter any time soon. The agent told me that my file has been with Scarborough Office since June but they have not been given an oath date by Scarborough Office yet, but everything looks fine on my file. So what I have to do is just to wait.

I just called CIC today again. The agent told me that my file is on the waiting list for ceremony. She cannot see an oath date yet and it is depending on the availability of CJ. So keep waiting...

Btw, I had my citizenship test and interview on March 17th at St. Clair Office. I have been waiting for 5 months by this weekend.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
laomai said:
Hi guys,

I got my 3rd ATIP report more than a month ago. I can see that my file has been approved by the CJ on June 9th and my file's status is ready for ceremony. I called CIC and was informed by the agent the same information as well.

I received 4th ATIP report a few days ago. It says my file was transferred to Scarborough Office on June 14th (local office is St. Clair Office, not Scarborough). The file's status is still ready for ceremony. I called CIC last week to find out if I will receive my oath letter any time soon. The agent told me that my file has been with Scarborough Office since June but they have not been given an oath date by Scarborough Office yet, but everything looks fine on my file. So what I have to do is just to wait.

I just called CIC today again. The agent told me that my file is on the waiting list for ceremony. She cannot see an oath date yet and it is depending on the availability of CJ. So keep waiting...

Btw, I had my citizenship test and interview on March 17th at St. Clair Office. I have been waiting for 5 months by this weekend.
Congrats, nice to hear the good news. Out of curiosity, did you have RQ and you had required 1095 days. The reason been, I'm 59 days short and worried if they would approve or I have to wait for 36 months and then get rejected. ;D

Also, is it possible to just copy and paste ONLY the portion of ATIP report where it says, approved etc....to help us understand how to interpret our ATIP reports. Once again, congrats !!!

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There are two types of ATIP requests. Access to Info and Privacy Report. So which one should I request? Which one is more appropriate?

Thanks.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rayan14 said:
There are two types of ATIP requests. Access to Info and Privacy Report. So which one should I request? Which one is more appropriate?

Thanks.
Access to Privacy Report, i think this one is free and the other one need $5 to order.
I always order the free one.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laomai said:
Hi guys,

Hi laomai,

In your latest ATIP report, any where under NOTES does it say File is being returned to RQ queue to be assigned to an Officer for review

If you find that sentence, what was the update date in that category? So that we can calculate from File is being returned to RQ queue TO Approved status how much time it takes. I know every file is different but just need to get an estimate.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Moe... said:
Hi laomai,

In your latest ATIP report, any where under NOTES does it say File is being returned to RQ queue to be assigned to an Officer for review

If you find that sentence, what was the update date in that category? So that we can calculate from File is being returned to RQ queue TO Approved status how much time it takes. I know every file is different but just need to get an estimate.
Are all files sent to Scarborough for oat from St. Claire?

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:

Thanks.
ATIP has two options, "Private" and Other....", Please select the "Private" its free of cost and for the other one you have to pay $5 Only.

Second comes, how you want to receive the report "Electronic" ie by email and other mode is "CD" or I guess thru mail. Please the appropriate one. Hope that helps

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
hi everyone , I need helep . I passed the test 6 of march 2014 , and I had RQ in 2013 , and I applied 2012 . now waitin for the oath. i called many time to cic and the agent told me that we will send you interview , but I don't know why interview ? its over 5 months I passed the test.. and I did send all of my documents one year ago . I don't know whats happened with my case , please share any information , thanks everyone

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
farhadf80 said:
hi everyone , I need helep . I passed the test 6 of march 2014 , and I had RQ in 2013 , and I applied 2012 . now waitin for the oath. i called many time to cic and the agent told me that we will send you interview , but I don't know why interview ? its over 5 months I passed the test.. and I did send all of my documents one year ago . I don't know whats happened with my case , please share any information , thanks everyone
Request your ATIP report and see whats going on in your application.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
farhadf80 said:
Looks like by default all candidates at St.Claire offices were sent RQ by CIC. Probably it an excuse to take 36 months or longer time for processing. As its highly unlikely all candidates ONLY at St.Claire offices DID NOT meet the minimum requirements.

The Call center agents and Online status are ways to keep away the candidates from bothering the CIC, while CIC take their own sweet time to process the applications at their will under one or other excuse.

The best way is to apply for ATIP report, the "Private" by "Electronic" and it takes exactly a month to get the report by email. It provides you details how far your processing has been completed. Most of us, like you are waiting for nearly 6 months or more for Oath.

farhadf80

Jul 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
agust 2011
Doc's Request.
IN PROCESS
File Transfer...
sep 2011
THANKS EVERYONE FOR INFORME ,

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
Moe... said:
Hi laomai,

I think he may not get that note. If you get that note, as what I get, it sadly means we may have to wait one more year or more to process.

So Concerned

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Have you order the ATIP? What does it say?

Yes I did order Atip last May and it shows that everything clear they requested more docs to make a positive decision after requesting and reviewing ICES report!? Since then no update cic sent them a note to resend me the letter to ask for more docs which I never received anything from them but still no any comment or action from the local office!! CiC considers my application kind of in a Gray area between routine and non routine!!!!

I have been living in Canada since 2010 never left the countery. Provided them my exit-entry report from the last country I was living in. Started working and paying tax after 2 months of my landing!!!

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
So Concerned said:
Have you order the ATIP? What does it say?

Yes I did order Atip last May and it shows that everything clear they requested more docs to make a positive decision after requesting and reviewing ICES report!? Since then no update cic sent them a note to resend me the letter to ask for more docs which I never received anything from them but still no any comment or action from the local office!! CiC considers my application kind of in a Gray area between routine and non routine!!!!

I have been living in Canada since 2010 never left the countery. Provided them my exit-entry report from the last country I was living in. Started working and paying tax after 2 months of my landing!!!
I think CIC may have some hidden rules. They will not allow all the qualified applicants to get approved immediately. They may have some quota every year, just as the quota for immigration. But they never publish that quota since it breaches the law. That may be one of the actions they put emphasis on the value of the Canadian citizen. In the past, they proceed it fast since as long as you are qualified, you will get in. Nowadays, even if you are qualified, you have to wait the quota to get in.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Moe... said:
Hi laomai,

Hi Moe : In ATIP report created on 27th June. Under "Paragraph Assembly 1" created and modified on 4th Jun 2014 it says the following;

Our records indicate that the Residency Questionnaire and supporting documents have been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada and they are in queue to be assigned and reviewed for residence assessment. Our processing time frames can vary widely depending on the complexity of the case. Once the residence assessment is conducted, you will be notified as to the next stage in the process by the local citizenship office.

Can you please help me understand, if this signifies some progress in the right direction.