+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oath Timeline after test at St. Clair Office

laomai

Apr 17, 2014
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Congrats, nice to hear the good news. Out of curiosity, did you have RQ and you had required 1095 days. The reason been, I'm 59 days short and worried if they would approve or I have to wait for 36 months and then get rejected. ;D

Also, is it possible to just copy and paste ONLY the portion of ATIP report where it says, approved etc....to help us understand how to interpret our ATIP reports. Once again, congrats !!!
Thanks, Canadiandesi2006. I submitted my application in Feb 2012 and got RQ in Jan 2013. I am not sure for what reason because I was physically in Canada for 1152 days before I submitted my application. Maybe it is just because I applied as a single person and I did have a few trips going to back home.

The portion on my ATIP report says:

Type: PS/Judge's Decision
Effective date: 2014/XX/XX
Responsible Office: St. Clair
Decision Judge Name: XXXXX
Decision Judge Date: 2014/XX/XX

Type: Official's/Grantor's Decision
Decision Grantor Name: XXXXX
Decision Grantor Date: 2014/XX/XX

Type: Hearing
Responsible Office: XXXXX

Hope it helps!

laomai

Apr 17, 2014
Moe... said:
Hi laomai,

In your latest ATIP report, any where under NOTES does it say File is being returned to RQ queue to be assigned to an Officer for review

If you find that sentence, what was the update date in that category? So that we can calculate from File is being returned to RQ queue TO Approved status how much time it takes. I know every file is different but just need to get an estimate.
Hi Moe,

I don't see in the ATIP report where it says "File is being returned to RQ queue to be assigned to an Officer for review". What I can see is, my file was approved by CJ first. In 10 days, my file was reviewed by citizenship officer and its status became "Granted".

janoo

May 16, 2014
good to see your atip report approved by cj, matter of time now and
hopefully you will get the oath letter soon.

relex t/c.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
laomai said:
Thanks, Canadiandesi2006. I submitted my application in Feb 2012 and got RQ in Jan 2013. I am not sure for what reason because I was physically in Canada for 1152 days before I submitted my application. Maybe it is just because I applied as a single person and I did have a few trips going to back home.

The portion on my ATIP report says:

Type: PS/Judge's Decision
Decision Judge Name: XXXXX
Decision Judge Date: 2014/XX/XX

Type: Official's/Grantor's Decision
Decision Grantor Name: XXXXX
Decision Grantor Date: 2014/XX/XX

Type: Hearing
Responsible Office: XXXXX

Hope it helps!
Hi Laomai : Many thanks for your quick response. My ATIP report has everything exactly same as yours. Additionally, it does say on 4th June, its waiting to be assigned for review.

I too applied as single & my family applied separately. Considering I have 59 days short I'm concerned if at all they would approve or reject my case after making me wait for so long. Appreciate your response.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
I requested an ATIP too. Does it really take a month to be processed?
Yes, it takes exactly ONE month, you will get your ATIP report on 31st day......that way, its very prompt.

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Yes, it takes exactly ONE month, you will get your ATIP report on 31st day......that way, its very prompt.
How is waiting for '31 days' a prompt thing?

FYI, I think the incompetent CIC issuing of the dreaded RQs is racially/politically motivated.

Also, you can ask the CIC agent to 'expedite' your case if you tell them you have a job opportunity that may be lost due to lack of Cdn citizenship. They usually don't require a proof of that statement. Call the CIC agent and tell them you will lose a job opportunity if you don't get your citizenship now. Hopefully it will work. These bloated CIC bums need to be pushed around to work on your cases. Do not relent.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laomai said:
Hi Moe,

I don't see in the ATIP report where it says "File is being returned to RQ queue to be assigned to an Officer for review". What I can see is, my file was approved by CJ first. In 10 days, my file was reviewed by citizenship officer and its status became "Granted".
I am glad your file got Granted status. :D Hopefully your Oath is around the corner. Please keep us informed of any updates. Thank you.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Rayan14 said:
How is waiting for '31 days' a prompt thing?

FYI, I think the incompetent CIC issuing of the dreaded RQs is racially/politically motivated.

Also, you can ask the CIC agent to 'expedite' your case if you tell them you have a job opportunity that may be lost due to lack of Cdn citizenship. They usually don't require a proof of that statement. Call the CIC agent and tell them you will lose a job opportunity if you don't get your citizenship now. Hopefully it will work. These bloated CIC bums need to be pushed around to work on your cases. Do not relent.
Hi Rayan : Prompt in sense, ATIP is an independent agency, coordinates with the concerned government departments to get the report. It states report would takes 30 days and consistently honoring their commitment by sending the reports after 30 day for everyone.

CIC has provision which states if a candidate is at risk losing the job without the citizenship, they can request "Urgent Processing". However, when I requested the same & submitted supporting TWO letters from my employer, a largest corporate explaining my Citizenship requirement is critical for the job. The CIC replied me it NOT enough justification to expedite the processing of my application.

Eventually, I lost the job due to the most callous and irresponsible attitude of the CIC. For Federal and overseas travel jobs, most employers prefer Canadian Citizens, without that I'm pushed to the most awkward, disadvantaged position and losing many potential opportunities.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
laomai said:
Hi Moe,

Hi Laomi : That's great news indeed. I'm very happy for you. Please accept my congratulations !!!

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Hi Rayan : Prompt in sense, ATIP is an independent agency, coordinates with the concerned government departments to get the report. It states report would takes 30 days and consistently honoring their commitment by sending the reports after 30 day for everyone.

CIC has provision which states if a candidate is at risk losing the job without the citizenship, they can request "Urgent Processing". However, when I requested the same & submitted supporting TWO letters from my employer, a largest corporate explaining my Citizenship requirement is critical for the job. The CIC replied me it NOT enough justification to expedite the processing of my application.

Eventually, I lost the job due to the most callous and irresponsible attitude of the CIC. For Federal and overseas travel jobs, most employers prefer Canadian Citizens, without that I'm pushed to the most awkward, disadvantaged position and losing many potential opportunities.
I am going to do my damnest to defeat this incompetent anti-Immigrant party in power next Fall. Not that other parties are any better. In fact they are worse but I believe these guys who are now in charge need to be taught a lesson politically that alienating people won't pay.

Regards,
-R

Nyork

Star Member
Dec 6, 2012
Can anyone please tell me the difference between judge's/grantor's decision to be pending vs not started??

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Dear Forum readers : I need help to understand if you are aware of any candidate across the country who with less than 1095 days minimum required days has been recently approved for Citizenship.

Myself and family have our PR's since Aug'2006. While my family & kids stayed here, I worked few months in USA in the last 4 years. preceding my application for citizenship in Feb'12 thru immigration attorney. Then RQ was'nt that common or rather CIC was lenient with this requirements.

Only upon receiving my first ATIP, I was shocked either due to attorney's oversight or overconfidence, my application was indeed submitted with 59 days short of 1095 days minimum required. Had I known this, I could have waited for 6 or more months after 1095 days to apply but now I'm already in this terrible situation.

Waiting since Mar'2014 after passing the test, I'm NOT sure what to expect either my case would be approved or get rejected, assigned to Citizenship judge. If so, estimated time frame. I have documents to prove that my family was here all along, credit cards transactions & paid taxes.

Any thoughts or sharing of experiences on this would be highly appreciated.

janoo

May 16, 2014
IT IS ABSOLUTELY CITIZENSHIP JUDGE TO APPROVE OR REJECT
IF YOUR NUMBER OF DAYS SHORT OF 1095 CHANCES ARE 50/50