+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2015 CIC APPLICANTS

Rockandroll

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
hopeful.ad said:
I think we have same visa officer and he has a bad habit not to update the Background status, his manager asked him to do so but He go for smoke. 8)
myself, UManitoba and hopeful.ad... we all have spouses that might be the reason. Let's wait till next week to see.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Alex2028 said:
Hi umanitoba,
Have you called cic about your status? I think maybe yours is in progress but not updated by the officer yet?
I called twice first they said when you background is not in process means that they haven't started your BG but the second time an agent told me that your criminality passed which is obvious passed in Aug and we are waiting for your security! but I am pretty sure in my notes still the security is not started! but not started does not mean that they are not working on it! my concern is that after passing security your file will be transferred to Ottawa for final review (add 1 month at least). These people that received PPR today I am pretty sure that passed the security 1 month before! question is if they have started the security or not because for TRV visa processing time is 10 days now and I think they do the security check for all kinds of visa, so why our security not started or finished in 15 months or 3 months after medical?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Rockandroll said:
myself, UManitoba and hopeful.ad... we all have spouses that might be the reason. Let's wait till next week to see.
100% sure dependent is not going to affect the processing time and if there is an effect, should reduce the processing time based on people getting PPR.

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
umanitoba said:
I called twice first they said when you background is not in process means that they haven't started your BG but the second time an agent told me that your criminality passed which is obvious passed in Aug and we are waiting for your security! but I am pretty sure in my notes still the security is not started! but not started does not mean that they are not working on it! my concern is that after passing security your file will be transferred to Ottawa for final review (add 1 month at least). These people that received PPR today I am pretty sure that passed the security 1 month before! question is if they have started the security or not because for TRV visa processing time is 10 days now and I think they do the security check for all kinds of visa, so why our security not started or finished in 15 months or 3 months after medical?
Your file is in Ottawa now?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
hopeful.ad said:
Your file is in Ottawa now?
I don't think so. It's still in CIO because when you passed the security they will send your file to Ottawa for final review mine still awaiting this security which I could not get a simple answer that if it is in process or not!

Rockandroll

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
umanitoba said:
100% sure dependent is not going to affect the processing time and if there is an effect, should reduce the processing time based on people getting PPR.
So could it be that our BG has started long time and it just not updated in progress?? Then I can believe we could get it in process and at the same time DM. That's my thought now.
Any suggestions folks??

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Rockandroll said:
So could it be that our BG has started long time and it just not updated in progress?? Then I can believe we could get it in process and at the same time DM. That's my thought now.
Any suggestions folks??
If any update happened on your security and an agent updated your security on GCMS you should see change in your BG status on mycic (in progress). I asked this one and they said mycic account shows current and real time status.

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
did you ask agent where is your file now? I asked 2 agents and they said that my security is not started yet but my file is in Ottawa.

Nh Nguyen

Star Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Mar - 8 - 2016
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
Oct - 27 -2016
Med's Done....
Nov - 4 - 2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Feb - 6 -2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar- 8- 2017
LANDED..........
inland
Hello,
Just got my CORP and passport back yesterday. I'm going to the border this Sunday yahoooo! Good luck everyone.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
hopeful.ad said:
did you ask agent where is your file now? I asked 2 agents and they said that my security is not started yet but my file is in Ottawa.
Based on my status I am 100% sure that still in CIO based on my recent notes. Ottawa is responsible for final review and if your security is not started your file location is PS- and your file is in CIO.

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
my background check is not in progress at all from last three months and 2 CIC agent told me that my file is in Ottawa, and some people have background change for just 1 or 2 days and decision made, may be we are those people. Think positive man, what I am assuming our backgrounds are in process but they just did not update the status.

One thing more, my eligibility is also in process but I have confirmed from several agents and from my MP too that I have passed the eligibility.

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
hopeful.ad said:
my background check is not in progress at all from last three months and 2 CIC agent told me that my file is in Ottawa, and some people have background change for just 1 or 2 days and decision made, may be we are those people. Think positive man, what I am assuming our backgrounds are in process but they just did not update the status.

One thing more, my eligibility is also in process but I have confirmed from several agents and from my MP too that I have passed the eligibility.
The eligibility you see on mycic is different than your notes because the first update is the eligibility based on your nomination. If you had single update regarding your security on your file you would see in progress. It's possible that they just update your security when you passed and if you are lucky the final review happens in 2 days I don't know. You can order GCMS notes and see.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
umanitoba said:
Have you asked the officer where your file is right now? If they can confirm you that it is in Ottawa too, then the only thing is to wait for the final review. I guess it would be soon that we will recieve ppr.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
umanitoba said:
I don't think so. It's still in CIO because when you passed the security they will send your file to Ottawa for final review mine still awaiting this security which I could not get a simple answer that if it is in process or not!
You need call and ask the officer where your file is. I asked, mine is in process too but it is in Ottawa. Maybe yours is in Ottawa already for final review. I think they consider "final review" as part of "security in process" .

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
Nh Nguyen said:
Hello,
Just got my CORP and passport back yesterday. I'm going to the border this Sunday yahoooo! Good luck everyone.
I wish you good trip to the border and enjoy the view on the way there. I believe the mood and the feeling much be very different :) :)
I wish that day will come to all of us soon!