+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER - DECEMBER 2015 CIC APPLICANTS

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Alex2028 said:
You need call and ask the officer where your file is. I asked, mine is in process too but it is in Ottawa. Maybe yours is in Ottawa already for final review. I think they consider "final review" as part of "security in process" .
If they update your security on GCMS the first think that will change is you BG. Just order your notes and you will see.

Rockandroll

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
hopeful.ad said:
my background check is not in progress at all from last three months and 2 CIC agent told me that my file is in Ottawa, and some people have background change for just 1 or 2 days and decision made, may be we are those people. Think positive man, what I am assuming our backgrounds are in process but they just did not update the status.

One thing more, my eligibility is also in process but I have confirmed from several agents and from my MP too that I have passed the
eligibility.
[/quote

I think you are right. One agent said it's in process and waiting for review. I don't know if that's correct. All we can do now is to wait. My GCMS notes will be ready next week though.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
umanitoba said:
If they update your security on GCMS the first think that will change is you BG. Just order your notes and you will see.
I prefer to call cic, I call them all the time. You can get the instant response from the officers. Maybe your file is transferred to Ottawa already but not updated in your notes when you requested it. When did you request your notes for the laest time?

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Alex2028 said:
I prefer to call cic, I call them all the time. You can get the instant response from the officers. Maybe your file is transferred to Ottawa already but not updated in your notes when you requested it. When did you request your notes for the laest time?
Last note issued in February.

vivek4u4me

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY NOVE SCOTIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 09
Nomination.....
AINP....NOV 27 2015
AOR Received.
March/08/2016
Med's Request
NOV 07 2016
Med's Done....
NOV 08 2016
Interview........
WAITING
Passport Req..
WAITING
VISA ISSUED...
WAITING
LANDED..........
WAITING
just called cic and agent told me file is transferred for printing visas, he said everything is very positive and you will be hearing soon. dec 11 2015 applicant. thanks

amaan008

Mar 1, 2017
my decision started showing in progress since tuesday .No dm yet .Called cic last week they said everything is completed file is in ottawa and im november 23 applicant .I dont know why its taking so much time for ppr .Im so tireeeed :( :( :( :(

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
amaan008 said:
my decision started showing in progress since tuesday .No dm yet .Called cic last week they said everything is completed file is in ottawa and im november 23 applicant .I dont know why its taking so much time for ppr .Im so tireeeed :( :( :( :(
That final decision in progress is the new look of your mycic account and for everyone that section is in progress.

jpfyoung

Star Member
Feb 5, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15/12/2015
Nomination.....
17/11/2015
AOR Received.
09/03/2016
Med's Request
02/11/2016
Med's Done....
18/11/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
21/03/2017
LANDED..........
25/03/2017
Rockandroll said:
Jpfyoung... I believe you.. u making me feel good. This waiting game is killing me. I hope next week becomes our independence week. The problem is my BG still not applicable. When will it change so I get DM?
I think it really does depend on which case officer you've got. I would guess the kind of system they are using is that they just check a box to say its complete. So it seems that some case officers will just check off BG check and DM at the same time, or pretty close together. But then some will check it off weeks before.

I said this a few weeks ago, but I think the BG in progress thing has a lot less correlation to your application being complete. Especially because we have seen multiple people have BG changed to in progress and DM within minutes or hours of each other. My BG check changed to in progress the first week in February, but there has been a lot of people whose BG check's have changed to in progress and got DM since then. Whereas, I am still waiting for DM. Just the luck of the draw on what case officer you get. Based on the trend I am expecting mine at some point this week or next week, but we will see. Its going to come soon, but its still just a waiting game at the moment!

amaan008

Mar 1, 2017
before it was showing not started .Now it shows final decision is in progress and background check was in progress since last month .So what does that mean .Called cic number of time .They said good news is everything is completed .Waiiting for final review .

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
amaan008 said:
before it was showing not started .Now it shows final decision is in progress and background check was in progress since last month .So what does that mean .Called cic number of time .They said good news is everything is completed .Waiiting for final review .
If they say your security is clear which means you will be PPRed soon. I am not so sure if " everything is completed " is the same as " security is clear " or not.

amaan008

Mar 1, 2017
they said background and securty is done way back I Called last month they said background and securoty is cleared and waiitng for final review

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
amaan008 said:
they said background and securty is done way back I Called last month they said background and securoty is cleared and waiitng for final review
I think you are very close. This means a senior officer will review. Alot of cases are waiting for this senior officer to final review. So that's why it take some someting, but it would be very soon that you will be PPRed.