18/11/2016
Passport Req..
13/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
21/03/2017
LANDED..........
25/03/2017
hopeful.ad said:
its quite alarming for me that Early December applicants getting Decision made and their background checks were in progress from last Jan but for us we are not even in progress
Don't be alarmed. It seems to depend who your case officer is. As some people don't seem to get BG in progress until right before or at the same time as DM..

I think for applicants up to December 20th, we will probably get our DM next week. Fingers crossed!

mbshez

Nov 30, 2015
Calgary
CIC asked me for additional information on Feb 7th. I submitted it the next day through myCIC as well as the case specific enquiry form but my myCIC still shows that they require that document. I have tried calling them several times but I cannot even get through to an agent. Any ideas?
Also when you guys call CIC what option do you usually choose to get through to an agent?

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
hopeful.ad said:
I have the same status like you, my medical is passed from Dec 21st and no updates yet, they haven't even start my security check yet and my file is in Ottawa.
Hi Hopeful,
Is it Ottawa the last office to process our application or it is Sydney office?
If it is Ottawa, I think at least this is a good news that it is in the last step, isn't it?

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
I don't know, but people say here Ottawa is final destination.

Alex2028

Feb 21, 2017
mbshez said:
CIC asked me for additional information on Feb 7th. I submitted it the next day through myCIC as well as the case specific enquiry form but my myCIC still shows that they require that document. I have tried calling them several times but I cannot even get through to an agent. Any ideas?
Also when you guys call CIC what option do you usually choose to get through to an agent?
You need to dial several times. The line is busy all the time.

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
Alex2028 said:
Hi Hopeful,
My file is in Ottwa too, I think we are good.
I hope so Alex :) I applied with my spouse, Let see what next week bring to us

jackballad

Feb 23, 2017
Zmndanjy said:
Anyone in this forum that has been waiting for more than three weeks for ppr email after getting dm on ecas. :eek: :eek:
check all the folders !! should be 2 to 7 days!!! but I got in on the same day!! i would recolmend you to call them if you havent found anywhere

Zmndanjy

Feb 28, 2017
jackballad said:
check all the folders !! should be 2 to 7 days!!! but I got in on the same day!! i would recolmend you to call them if you havent found anywhere
I called cic and they say that your 16 months are not over yet call us after that so we could help you further. I have checked all the sections in my email and i am sure that i have not recieved anything yet

Rockandroll

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
hopeful.ad said:
I hope so Alex :) I applied with my spouse, Let see what next week bring to us
I have a spouse as dependent too. Is it the reason why our case has been delayed?? Am December 21 applicant.

Rockandroll

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
mbshez said:
You should get a reply with Case Specific Enquiry within 10days after submission

umanitoba

May 30, 2015
Rockandroll said:
I have a spouse as dependent too. Is it the reason why our case has been delayed?? Am December 21 applicant.
I think the reason is the nationality nothing else. If they asked for additional info yes but if they didn't ask the only reason is the nationality.