+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2023 - Citizenship Applications

dpdlcr

Jun 10, 2024
I applied Nov 6. Aor Nov 29. Vancouver office. My last update 20 of Feb Background. LPP still in progress. I raised 2 web form and 1 Gcms notes. Still no update. Waiting, waiting…
almost same timeline. Vancouver office as well.
BG completed Feb 29 and received email March 13 requesting for passport pages.
ordered gcms notes but still waiting for it.

Reactions: Rasha

Rubyred

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
Other
This is bullshit. I had an interview scheduled because they required a photocopy of all pages of my passport. Four F(*&^*%$ months after submitting my passport pages, they finally moved forward with my application and set up this interview with an official. I assume they need proof of my language skills and documents. But guess what? Two days before the interview, they called me to reschedule due to some scheduling and technical issues. They couldn’t even give me a new date for the interview. Not the oath, just the goddamn interview.
I was in the same boat and was told by the frustrated official who interviewed me that the mistakes are being made by new employees.

My sister and I applied for our citizenships at the same time and hers was processed within 3 months, granted that she has been a PR for 30 years and I, only 2.5 years. I was asked to submit colour photocopy pages of my 2 passports which I promptly did. Two days later, I received an email that my test results were suspect and I had to re-do it. Then, they scheduled an interview for me.

During the interview, they informed me that a new employee had mistakenly emailed a couple of people (including me) to re-do their tests because of suspicious activity. I had spent the last 4 days studying for the test and so I was pretty pissed (but laughed it off because I wanted my application processed asap). I was then informed that I had not indicated my day visit to the Bellingham, USA. Apparently, they have info on when we leave the country but not when we come back. They assumed that I was not being truthful about the days I was out of the country. After it was all sorted, the very professional and competent interviewer said he would approve my citizenship. He apologised for the delay and inconvenience. I received my citizenship 3 days later.

Hope this eases your anxiety. It's likely an issue on their end which can be easily resolved with an interview. I hope they reschedule it asap. Best of luck.

Last edited:

Robertogogr

Star Member
May 8, 2020
I was in the same boat and was told by the frustrated official who interviewed me that the mistakes are being made by new employees.

My sister and I applied for our citizenships at the same time and hers was processed within 3 months, granted that she has been a PR for 30 years and I, only 2.5 years. I was asked to submit colour photocopy pages of my 2 passports which I promptly did. Two days later, I received an email that my test results were suspect and I had to re-do it. Then, they scheduled an interview for me.

During the interview, they informed me that a new employee had mistakenly emailed a couple of people (including me) to re-do their tests because of suspicious activity. I had spent the last 4 days studying for the test and so I was pretty pissed (but laughed it off because I wanted my application processed asap). I was then informed that I had not indicated my day visit to the Bellingham, USA. Apparently, they have info on when we leave the country but not when we come back. They assumed that I was not being truthful about the days I was out of the country. After it was all sorted, the very professional and competent interviewer said he would approve my citizenship. He apologised for the delay and inconvenience. I received my citizenship 3 days later.

Hope this eases your anxiety. It's likely an issue on their end which can be easily resolved with an interview. I hope they reschedule it asap. Best of luck.

Yes, the situation is a bit frustrating. Could I ask you a couple of questions?

-When did you receive the invitation for your first interview, and when was the second one?
-Did they contact you a few days before your first interview, or how did you find out it was canceled?

Thank you very much for your good wishes!

Rubyred

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Category........
Other
Yes, the situation is a bit frustrating. Could I ask you a couple of questions?

-When did you receive the invitation for your first interview, and when was the second one?
-Did they contact you a few days before your first interview, or how did you find out it was canceled?

Thank you very much for your good wishes!
1. I received an email saying that I would have to do a re-test because they suspected suspicious activity. Two days later I received an email telling me that I was also invited for an interview. There was no second interview because it was resolved in the first interview. During the interview, I was informed that the re-test notification was sent in error by a new inexperienced employee. I had to explain to the interviewer that I was not aware that I had to write down the details of my day trips; this was the cause of the delay in granting me the citizenship because they thought I was not being truthful about the days I had left the country. It turns out that they have info about me leaving the country but not coming back so they had no idea if it was a day trip or longer. Anyway, the interview helped to resolve the issue.
2. My first interview was not cancelled.

laylani105

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
So I applied for citizenship thru online, so I apply for adult for myself then I applied for my son who's 17 years form 5(2). I received my oath taking letter from email and will do on August 22. But on my sons application still in progress no update. Does it mean he will not do the oath taking with me? Does he need to wait for his letter of oath taking? Please help me , any idea what's going on on his application, I tried to call IRCC numerous time but no luck.

montrealworker

Star Member
Sep 25, 2022
So I applied for citizenship thru online, so I apply for adult for myself then I applied for my son who's 17 years form 5(2). I received my oath taking letter from email and will do on August 22. But on my sons application still in progress no update. Does it mean he will not do the oath taking with me? Does he need to wait for his letter of oath taking? Please help me , any idea what's going on on his application, I tried to call IRCC numerous time but no luck.
whats your timeline

laylani105

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Feb 28 : application filed
March 28 : Background completed
April 8 : Citizenship test
May 23 : test completed
July 9 : language, physical presence and prohibitions Completed
August 22 : invitation for Oath taking

Reactions: forw.jane

amanpreet604

Aug 13, 2024
Is anyone who applied in Nov 2023 still waiting like me? I haven't received any updates after the citizenship test and finger printers in Feb 2024. LPP pending.

Reactions: Rasha

Jberry

Jun 10, 2024
Is anyone who applied in Nov 2023 still waiting like me? I haven't received any updates after the citizenship test and finger printers in Feb 2024. LPP pending.
Same here. No any updates after the citizenship test and background in Feb 2024. Lpp is still in progress.