+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Jam@can123

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
I got an email response to my inquiry about the status of our applications:

Thank you for your inquiry. You and your husband’s applications are currently in queue to be reviewed by a citizenship officer, they are considered non-routine and as such do not fall within the standard 7 month processing time.

Please continue to monitor your e-mail, including your junk/spam folder, as the reviewing officer may request additional documents from you.

This is all that they provided to me.
What do they mean by non routine?

Jam@can123

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021

Thank you for your inquiry. You and your husband’s applications are currently in queue to be reviewed by a citizenship officer, they are considered non-routine and as such do not fall within the standard 7 month processing time.

Please continue to monitor your e-mail, including your junk/spam folder, as the reviewing officer may request additional documents from you.

MS2017

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1169&top=3
Why is my application considered complex or non-routine and what does that mean for me?
We consider your application complex or non-routine if some parts of your application need extra review or processing on our part.
It may take us longer than the normal processing time to review a non-routine application.
Below are some examples of why your application might be complex or non-routine.
Citizenship applications
  • You asked to change your personal information, like your
    • name
    • sex or gender identifier
    • date of birth
  • We need you to submit extra documents, like
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents
  • You missed a test, interview or hearing.
  • We invited you to another interview or hearing after you attended your interview.
  • You failed a test.
  • During your interview, you didn’t meet the language requirements.

Jberry

Jun 10, 2024

I think my application is non-routine, too. I did not get any updates after background check on 20 of February. I ordered Atip notes on May and doesn’t say anything. I also filled up web form today.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
Please may I get the email to contact IRCc to get information regarding my citizenship application as I am unable to contact them over the phone neither got a response to the webform
All responses are taking at least a Month - webform is the best place to start. If they IRCC has co tatted you directly for any request, use that email to inquire too.

Jam@can123

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
I am Nov 2023 citizenship applicant, got an update from MP that security assessment are in progress, review is ongoing as such it is "non routine" application any idea as how long will be the processing time now?