+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2023 - Citizenship Applications

Abhdi

Feb 2, 2024
Applied in Nov 2023. Physical and prohibition pending. Missed interview in April as I was out of country and internet was shit. Nothing after….

BunnyTiger

Nov 29, 2023
Just got a ghost update today (Aug 20, 2024). Still waiting for ceremony. Timeline is below:

Type: Online application
Physical Presence Days: 1825
Application: Family (1)
Application sent: November 22nd, 2023
Delivered/Submitted: November 22nd, 2023
AOR: December 15, 2023
Linked to Tracker: December 19, 2023
Ghost Update: December 26, 2023
Test schedule: Feb 2, 2024
Test taken: Feb 11, 2024
Test Completed: Feb 21, 2024
Background Completed: Feb 21, 2024
Language skills Completed: July 17, 2024
Physical Presence Completed: July 17, 2024
Prohibitions Completed: July 17, 2024
Citizenship Ceremony: Not started

Dummy_90

Apr 26, 2024
Calgary, AB
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Calgary
Guys...I applied on Nov 26, 2023 and completed my citizenship test on Feb 26, 2024. The last update on my portal has been on March 06, 2024 (ghost update), and no new update since. Only the citizenship test shows completed on portal, everything else is "In Progress" and citizenship ceremony as "not started". I have received GCMS notes but it doesn't really give any information (isn't very clear). Please advise what can I do next to get any updates or expedite the process? The IRCC on 1-888-242-2100 is not helping either as the line gets disconnected by itself without giving the call back option like it used to have earlier.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Guys...I applied on Nov 26, 2023 and completed my citizenship test on Feb 26, 2024. The last update on my portal has been on March 06, 2024 (ghost update), and no new update since. Only the citizenship test shows completed on portal, everything else is "In Progress" and citizenship ceremony as "not started". I have received GCMS notes but it doesn't really give any information (isn't very clear). Please advise what can I do next to get any updates or expedite the process? The IRCC on 1-888-242-2100 is not helping either as the line gets disconnected by itself without giving the call back option like it used to have earlier.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/posts/10523591/

Call using the method mentioned above. Mostly 8 am - 8.30 am or 3-3.30 pm EST.

Looks like your application is stuck in Security Screening. You should get that info in the GCMS notes and it's part of background verification.

Dummy_90

Apr 26, 2024
Calgary, AB
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Calgary
Thanks @forw.jane, I have been calling them using that very method and it no longer asks for call back now....the call just gets hung up, have tried it multiple times. Also, what can be done about the application being stuck in the security screening? Any ways to get it looked at or nudge the officials? Also, I have just moved but have not updated my address - I am not sure if I should update my address by raising a web form as that may delay the process further for another address verification or something?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks @forw.jane, I have been calling them using that very method and it no longer asks for call back now....the call just gets hung up, have tried it multiple times. Also, what can be done about the application being stuck in the security screening? Any ways to get it looked at or nudge the officials? Also, I have just moved but have not updated my address - I am not sure if I should update my address by raising a web form as that may delay the process further for another address verification or something?
If background is not complete there is not much you can do other then asking for update from IRCC via call or webform. Updating address may lead to processing office change but it's always better to do it.

Reactions: Dummy_90

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
I got an email response to my inquiry about the status of our applications:

Thank you for your inquiry. You and your husband’s applications are currently in queue to be reviewed by a citizenship officer, they are considered non-routine and as such do not fall within the standard 7 month processing time.

Please continue to monitor your e-mail, including your junk/spam folder, as the reviewing officer may request additional documents from you.

This is all that they provided to me.

• Sad
Reactions: Dummy_90

Dummy_90

Apr 26, 2024
Calgary, AB
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Calgary
@Rasha how long did they take to respond back to your inquiry? I just submitted a web form for the same inquiry. Let's see if they respond back any differently than yours.

Jam@can123

Star Member
Jul 7, 2021
Please may I get the email to contact IRCc to get information regarding my citizenship application as I am unable to contact them over the phone neither got a response to the webform