+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2018 AOR - Join here

svcanadapr

Mar 12, 2019
Usually how long does it take to process the passport once the passport is submitted to the visa office?

I received my PPR in the first week of March and submitted my passport to Ottawa office. It's been 7 days and I don't see any chance either in the CIC site or the Fedex tracking site. I live in the US and I am a FSW-Outland candidate.

ankushk2

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hi, I am stuck in Ip1 since Jan 24th.. Below is my timeline :

Aor - 17 Nov'18
Mep- 19 Dec'18
ADR - 19 Dec'18
ADR submitted - 24 Jan'19
ADR status - NA since 7 Feb 19
Background check - Not started

Anyone else with similar timeline? If yes, what's the status
AOR - 17 Nov
MEP- 20 Dec
RPRF received - 8 Jan, deposited 9 Jan
Current status - IP2
No updates since then

greenboymx

Star Member
Feb 10, 2018
It’s been two months now since they requested me to pay the RPRF, so I guess I can assure that no, it doesn’t take “a few days” to get a PPR after receiving the request of RPRF (when not paying it upfront) xD

Now the time bar indicates 48 days left or so, we can at least say that rejection risk at this point is low. Right? RIGHT?

LOL, I’m just trying to keep it positive here. Let’s hope for soon hearing good news for everyone!

Last edited:
Reactions: Shweta1289

jaySil

Nov 30, 2018
Usually how long does it take to process the passport once the passport is submitted to the visa office?

I received my PPR in the first week of March and submitted my passport to Ottawa office. It's been 7 days and I don't see any chance either in the CIC site or the Fedex tracking site. I live in the US and I am a FSW-Outland candidate.
I got my PPR on 28th and sent the passports to CIC Ottawa on 1st March.
It was received by CIC on 5th March.
Status update change on CIC account on 11th March (counterfoil issued).
Still no update about the return envelope on the Canada Post Site.

Micky345

Champion Member
Dec 2, 2017
I don't think the wait for PPR should be till August for Nov AOR's unless there is some correction or issues with your profile. Due to the high volume, the wait will be max till June end for normal cases.
Usually most cases are cleared after 7-8 month timeframe so August is best case scenario. June is bit early for November Aor’s. June would be best for September and October applicants.

svcanadapr

Mar 12, 2019
I got my PPR on 28th and sent the passports to CIC Ottawa on 1st March.
It was received by CIC on 5th March.
Status update change on CIC account on 11th March (counterfoil issued).
Still no update about the return envelope on the Canada Post Site.
What is the update you saw in your CIC account on 11th March
Also, what is counterfoil issued? Are you referring to the postal acknowledgment?

I submitted my passport on Mar 5th. They received it on Mar 6th. Since then no update on CIC or Fedex site.

jaySil

Nov 30, 2018
What is the update you saw in your CIC account on 11th March
Also, what is counterfoil issued? Are you referring to the postal acknowledgment?

I submitted my passport on Mar 5th. They received it on Mar 6th. Since then no update on CIC or Fedex site.
Between the "Details about your application status" and the "Messages about your application" sections in your CIC, a new section named "Document Status" will appear. It will show the names of the applicants, UCIs, and document numbers and their expiry dates. I guess counterfoil means the entry VISA for PR. My validity of the counterfoil document is up to 16th August 2019 (which is 1 year after my medicals).

Reactions: svcanadapr