+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

November 2013 Citizenship Application

sazamizi

Jan 26, 2014
Hamilton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I go a day to the test, I will officially translate all stamps on my passport.

sampao10 said:
Hi,
Do I have to have the stamps on my passport pages translated when I go for the test?
Thank you very much!

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Updated today from ECAS finally! :)

We sent you a notice on September 15, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 14, 2014 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pie_vancouver said:
Updated today from ECAS finally! :)

We sent you a notice on September 15, 2014 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on October 14, 2014 at 8:15 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us
Congrats pie_vancouver !

wsm_al

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
sampao10 said:
Hi,
Do I have to have the stamps on my passport pages translated when I go for the test?
Thank you very much!
You should if the officer will not be able to read the stamps. I know a couple friends who were asked to submit translations after the interview which delayed their process.
Good luck!!

coolcat!

Jan 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi November 2013 Applicants,

Just to update the group about my test experience at STC yesterday.

Passed the test which was pretty straightforward, just read the book a couple of times and practiced questions from various online resources. After the test, we were asked to wait for our interviews with the citizenship officers.

The interview went smooth as well. The CO checked my declared absences on the application and matched them with passport stamps; asked me if I had ever been in trouble with the law and if I were a citizen or permanent resident of any other country besides my country of birth; checked the transcript for my masters degree that I sought in Canada during the application period....that was the end of it and I was issued an Oath Letter right away for Sept., 30.

I felt obligated to share my experience with the group after so reading so many other experiences over the months. My best wishes and prayers for the people still in the waiting...everyone's time will come, just hang in there tight!

sampao10

Nov 21, 2013
coolcat! said:
Hi November 2013 Applicants,

Just to update the group about my test experience at STC yesterday.

Passed the test which was pretty straightforward, just read the book a couple of times and practiced questions from various online resources. After the test, we were asked to wait for our interviews with the citizenship officers.

The interview went smooth as well. The CO checked my declared absences on the application and matched them with passport stamps; asked me if I had ever been in trouble with the law and if I were a citizen or permanent resident of any other country besides my country of birth; checked the transcript for my masters degree that I sought in Canada during the application period....that was the end of it and I was issued an Oath Letter right away for Sept., 30.

I felt obligated to share my experience with the group after so reading so many other experiences over the months. My best wishes and prayers for the people still in the waiting...everyone's time will come, just hang in there tight!
Did you have the stamps on your passport translated?

coolcat!

Jan 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sampao10 said:
Did you have the stamps on your passport translated?
didn't need to...the stamps were also in English but still had my ticket for the trip along-with the boarding cards, just in case they were needed.

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoping_canadian said:
I'm November 2013 applicant and I got my oath invitation for Oct 3, 2014 yeyyyy ;D ;D ;D
You're from MTL hoping_canadian, this was fast! felicitations!.. I have the same submission date but no test yet, can you share your timelines?

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Michels said:
You're from MTL hoping_canadian, this was fast! felicitations!.. I have the same submission date but no test yet, can you share your timelines?
merci michels

my time line

App Nov 2013
RQ : Feb 2014
Test June 2014
Oath Oct 2014

10 months and 16 days ;D :D

Michels

Nov 20, 2011
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoping_canadian said:
merci michels

my time line

App Nov 2013
RQ : Feb 2014
Test June 2014
Oath Oct 2014

10 months and 16 days ;D :D
Wow.. and this with an RQ! is your last name Harper? :)

coolcat!

Jan 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just wanted to update about my citizenship oath ceremony today at STC. The whole ceremony lasted about 1.5 hours and the only documents that were checked were the PR Card, Oath Letter and the Landing Document/Confirmation of Permanent Residence.

The ceremony began with the speech of the citizenship judge, who also administered the oath; thereafter everyone was handed the citizenship certificates and sang the nation anthem which was followed by an optional photo session.

My wishes for a speedy case processing for all who are waiting for test/oath and good luck to all in their personal and professional endeavors!!

novembre2013

Star Member
Sep 1, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
hello everyone.
I passed the test today. It went well. And at the end of the interview, the CO gave the notice to take the oath next monday..... :)
I was so surprised and excited.
Good luck to everyone and thank you all for help