+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2013 APPLICATIONS

kagaya

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
I just filed my tax last week and I don't think I can have NOA soon. Can I just send T4, pay stubs and updated reference letter instead?

Goku

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2014
Category........
kagaya said:
Hey expert,
I have questions due to the work experience since I am nervous now.
My CEC application was received on November 25, 2013 and my AOR was received on Jan 16, 2014.
I worked as graduate research assistant for 2 and half years (as part of my master degree and i was doing full-time study) under my off campus work permit. I started working as an engineer in Feb 2013 under GPWP. I just found out that the experience while doing full time study will not count toward CEC, and I did specify that I was study full time while doing my RA in the application. It means I only had 9-month qualified experience. Can I send them my pay stubs until now (since I am still working in the same company) so I have 1 year qualified experience or just sit back and pray?

thanks.
I would say withdraw your application and file it again without wasting another 2 months. Sending updated reference letter, NOA or T4 wont help because they wont consider any experience gained after November 25, 2013 (application received date). Try getting suggestions from Jes_ON or iam_toby. Two people on this forum I know who has very good knowledge of Immigration.

siriPR2014

Dec 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
UFM on 8th-May-2014
Med's Done....
Status updated on ECAS on 6th June 2014
Yes, even I would suggest the same.withdraw ur current application and then apply again.. if u apply again u will have complete 1 yr experience where u can submit NOA from canada government as well

kagaya

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
Just quick question, will they refund the fee if I withdraw?

siriPR2014 said:
Yes, even I would suggest the same.withdraw ur current application and then apply again.. if u apply again u will have complete 1 yr experience where u can submit NOA from canada government as well

siriPR2014

Dec 3, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Dec-2013
AOR Received.
23-Jan-2014
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
Med's Request
UFM on 8th-May-2014
Med's Done....
Status updated on ECAS on 6th June 2014
Hi Toby,

I am in a assumption that we are going to get the refund if we withdraw the application if the application status is still "Received".
Even few months back I had a call with CIC customer care and they said if application status changes to "In progress" then we cannot refund your money but if the application status is "Received", then your complete money will be refunded.

who ever has this issue,I would suggest you call directly and speak with customer care. Just ask them if I withdraw my application which is in received status will my money be refunded completely??

Best of luck..

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
siriPR2014 said:
Hi Toby,

I am in a assumption that we are going to get the refund if we withdraw the application if the application status is still "Received".
Even few months back I had a call with CIC customer care and they said if application status changes to "In progress" then we cannot refund your money but if the application status is "Received", then your complete money will be refunded.

who ever has this issue,I would suggest you call directly and speak with customer care. Just ask them if I withdraw my application which is in received status will my money be refunded completely??

Best of luck..
>> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=613&t=4

As for what I know, processing begins after the AOR is issued. But I might be wrong. Contact the CPC-O and
check with them if you're eligible for a refund or not.

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
siriPR2014 said:
Hi Toby,

Best of luck..

that's what they say....but not the truth..

my application was also status "received" but CPP-O said they cannot issue a refund.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Any new GCMS for november guys..I will apply for one after 15th April

skm12345

Feb 18, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do we need passport for MR? I am asking because I need to renew my daughters passport which is expiring on 2nd September. My application received on 12th Nov, so we can expect MR in May some time. Also in case I will get Passport request around june/July, will they accept if I will send passport with around one or two month validity. Please suggest best solution in this case.

rinkupatel.dmj

Mar 13, 2013
Toronto, ON, CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15/05/2014
AOR Received.
11-12-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with the Application
File Transfer...
21-12-2013
Med's Request
UPFRONT - 12-04-2014
Med's Done....
ECAS UPDATED: 25-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-11-2014 / Change of VO 11-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-12-2014 @ Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls
rinkupatel.dmj said:
Hello Samir , Toby & other seniors/experts.. One of my friend got this last week. He is September 2013 applicant. Plz advise what he could do with this ???

Date: March 24th, 2014

Dear xxxx:
I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

temporary resident status during the period of work experience in Canada and any period of full time study or training,
meeting the minimum language proficiency threshold in either English or French, and
qualifying Canadian skilled work experience.
Your application was assessed based on the occupation which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: Facilities Supervisor (NOC: 6316)

I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement based on the information you have provided. You were issued a Post Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) only on October 24, 2012; however, information contained in your application and in the reference letter dated August 21, 2013 from xxxxxxxxx (Company Name) shows your employment from August 17, 2012 until the submission of your application on August 27, 2013. Considering that you were not authorized to work until October 24, 2012, I cannot credit you with the work done from August 17th to October 23, 2012. Accordingly, you fail to accumulate one year of full-time employment in one or more occupations that are listed in Skill Type O, A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix in the last thirty-six months prior to the submission of your application.

Subsection 11(1) of the Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.

Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Yours sincerely,

Case Officer – ******
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Hello Friends... If u remember my post last week, about my friend's rejection with his CEC application. We did quite a bit of research & we found a way out....

10.2. Temporary resident status
The applicant must have had temporary resident status during the period of work which qualifies them for CEC [R87.1(3)(c)].
Foreign nationals such as refugee claimants in Canada and unauthorized workers, whose work experience would be accumulated while they have no temporary resident status in Canada, are not eligible for the CEC.

Note: An applicant under the CEC does not need to hold a work permit. Applicants who are authorized to work in Canada under R186 are eligible to apply under the CEC, but must provide documentation with their application establishing that they had legal temporary status in Canada (e.g., a visitor record).

Note: A temporary resident permit (TRP) confers temporary resident status and as such, applicants who obtained their qualifying work experience while in Canada on a TRP are eligible to apply for the CEC. These applicants are eligible as long as their work in Canada was authorized. Applicants who are inadmissible to Canada cannot be granted permanent residence as members of the CEC

Read (f) in regulation R186

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-186.html

Plz. Share ur valuable experiences & views on it... Thnx

akil_f1

Jun 15, 2013
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
2**3
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-13
AOR Received.
10-01-2014
My friend who is a June applicant got rejected today.
He worked in restaurant after studies for 3 months and then got a skilled job as a software tester(2283) in oct 2011.He filed his PR in 2013 june based on his 2283 experience .
Today he got a mail stating that the VO is not satisfied since he worked in restaurant which comes under NOC 6711.
Not sure why the VO's are considering the part-time jobs as well and making the decisions.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
akil_f1 said:
My friend who is a June applicant got rejected today.
He worked in restaurant after studies for 3 months and then got a skilled job as a software tester(2283) in oct 2011.He filed his PR in 2013 june based on his 2283 experience .
Today he got a mail stating that the VO is not satisfied since he worked in restaurant which comes under NOC 6711.
Not sure why the VO's are considering the part-time jobs as well and making the decisions.
He must have counted that experience in 1 year CEC if not then there must be another reason for rejection. CEC is rule based
criteria its either yes or no/Pass or fail

lemon_edz

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 07, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2014
hi everyone..

any news now of what " month" applicant are they sending for MR?

wishing the best for all of us here..