+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NOVEMBER 2013 APPLICATIONS

zoran

Sep 22, 2013
Hi guys,

I'm planning to go for vacation in mid of June and be out of Canada for 6-8 weeks. I'm planning to do upfront medical, but I'm wondering if there is anything else that I can expect and that I should do before leaving Canada?
Do I have to inform CIC that I will be away and is there anything that comes after MR that requires my presence in Canada or could make me a problems if I don't respond immediately?
I could see from spreadsheets that immediately after MR they are requesting passport. As I have a WP and TRV, does it mean they will not ask for my passport, or I will still have to send it?

Thanks,
Zoran

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zoran said:
Hi guys,

I'm planning to go for vacation in mid of June and be out of Canada for 6-8 weeks. I'm planning to do upfront medical, but I'm wondering if there is anything else that I can expect and that I should do before leaving Canada?
Do I have to inform CIC that I will be away and is there anything that comes after MR that requires my presence in Canada or could make me a problems if I don't respond immediately?
I could see from spreadsheets that immediately after MR they are requesting passport. As I have a WP and TRV, does it mean they will not ask for my passport, or I will still have to send it?

Thanks,
Zoran
RPRF will berequested after MR and before PPR. In some cases additional documentation's are requested after MR. If there are no issues with your application from MR you will get RPRF & then PPR.

Since you have WP & TRV I'm sure you are NOT from Visa excempt county. So you will be getting PPR and you will have to submit that within 60 days of PPR email.

zoran

Sep 22, 2013
cecstatchk said:
RPRF will berequested after MR and before PPR. In some cases additional documentation's are requested after MR. If there are no issues with your application from MR you will get RPRF & then PPR.

Since you have WP & TRV I'm sure you are NOT from Visa excempt county. So you will be getting PPR and you will have to submit that within 60 days of PPR email.
Thank you for your quick response.
I suppose that all communication will be through my email, and RPRF could be paid online, so I don't have to be in Canada for that. For PPR, do you know if I could request that passports are sent to some other Visa office while I'm on vacation or it's only done in Ottawa?

cecstatchk

Jan 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zoran said:
Thank you for your quick response.
I suppose that all communication will be through my email, and RPRF could be paid online, so I don't have to be in Canada for that. For PPR, do you know if I could request that passports are sent to some other Visa office while I'm on vacation or it's only done in Ottawa?
You are correct, communication is through email and you can pay RPRF online. But you would need a printer/scanner. Printer to print the receipt and write down your details on that receipt and scan & email CIC back your receipt.

As for PPR, you can request CIC to send it to another Visa office. The only problem though is time. It might take several weeks for them to do that and then couple of weeks from the time you send your passport to get it back. It could be faster, we cannot tell it for sure.

zoran

Sep 22, 2013
cecstatchk said:
As for PPR, you can request CIC to send it to another Visa office. The only problem though is time. It might take several weeks for them to do that and then couple of weeks from the time you send your passport to get it back. It could be faster, we cannot tell it for sure.
Thanks for explanation. I guess I'll have to wait a bit with my tickets and see how processing will go on in next 1-2 months and then eventually reschedule my trip for couple of weeks.

ukulele

Jun 27, 2013
For what it's worth, my friend who applied in September received his medical request. I know that most of you guys keep a track of statistics, but I decide to put it out there anyway.

I have just e-mailed the CPC-O and attached my new address, NOA, T4 for 2013. But when I changed my address on ECAS it said it was gonna take 15 days and the address is still the same when I checked again. Is that supposed to be that way??

Thanks

CEC2283

Star Member
Aug 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP :14-02-2014
AOR Received.
15-11-2013
Med's Request
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
14-04-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2014
LANDED..........
02-05-2014
ukulele said:
For what it's worth, my friend who applied in September received his medical request. I know that most of you guys keep a track of statistics, but I decide to put it out there anyway.

I have just e-mailed the CPC-O and attached my new address, NOA, T4 for 2013. But when I changed my address on ECAS it said it was gonna take 15 days and the address is still the same when I checked again. Is that supposed to be that way??

Thanks
Hi,

Is your friend listed in Sep spread sheet? if not do you mind providing Application date?

samir3132

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2010
Visa Office......
cpp
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Nov 22, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 08, 2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
Jan 11, 2014
Med's Request
June 04 2014
Med's Done....
June 06 2014
Passport Req..
sep 26,2014
VISA ISSUED...
06 Oct 2014
LANDED..........
Feb 01 2015
@gladaki

did you received your note?? can you please share what status in note?

lemon_edz

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 07, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2014
anybody here whose work permit is about to expire? im from alberta is their anybody here knows where is the new address to send updated LMO application (with the payment of $275)? thanks

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
lemon_edz said:
anybody here whose work permit is about to expire? im from alberta is their anybody here knows where is the new address to send updated LMO application (with the payment of $275)? thanks
If you already received your AOR and your old WP expires in less than 4 months apply for BOWP. You don't need any LMO.

lemon_edz

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 07, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2014
nov1061 said:
If you already received your AOR and your old WP expires in less than 4 months apply for BOWP. You don't need any LMO.
thanks for the reply (nov 1061)

exactly have 4 months left..

i'm browsing on it last night.. but just wondering how long this BOWP expire? do i have to apply also my wife which is currently have an open work permit but soon will expire also along with mine..

im little bit worried bout this thing they called "repatriation" which will effect on 2015.. it started last 2011 based on what ive heared and some articles i bump into.. that u have only 4 years to stay, i dont know if this is true.. if it is , then im on the scope..!!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
lemon_edz said:
thanks for the reply (nov 1061)

exactly have 4 months left..

i'm browsing on it last night.. but just wondering how long this BOWP expire? do i have to apply also my wife which is currently have an open work permit but soon will expire also along with mine..

im little bit worried bout this thing they called "repatriation" which will effect on 2015.. it started last 2011 based on what ive heared and some articles i bump into.. that u have only 4 years to stay, i dont know if this is true.. if it is , then im on the scope..!!
The BOWP will be valid for one year. Your spouse doesn't qualify for the BOWP, only the principal applicant does, but your spouse qualifies
for a spousal open work permit ( SOWP ).

lemon_edz

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 07, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2014
iam_toby said:
The BOWP will be valid for one year. Your spouse doesn't qualify for the BOWP, only the principal applicant does, but your spouse qualifies
for a spousal open work permit ( SOWP ).
thanks " toby "..

have question for u.. do i have to renew her SOWP?

me and my boss are currently working on my LMO probably be sent end of the month.. but don't know yet how long will it take to have new one and how many years of stay will be granted..

while the

BOWP, will be valid for 1 year only and probably much faster than LMO..

which do u think is better? or would be ok if my boss will send my LMO while me in the other hand apply for BOWP.. whoever comes next..

thaks

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
lemon_edz said:
thanks " toby "..

have question for u.. do i have to renew her SOWP?

me and my boss are currently working on my LMO probably be sent end of the month.. but don't know yet how long will it take to have new one and how many years of stay will be granted..

while the

BOWP, will be valid for 1 year only and probably much faster than LMO..

which do u think is better? or would be ok if my boss will send my LMO while me in the other hand apply for BOWP.. whoever comes next..

thaks

If you are eligible for the BOWP and I would go that route. The BOWP is an open work permit,
whereas a work permit with LMO is bound to your employer. With a BOWP you have the option to
switch jobs later on.
That's only my 2 cents, I chose the BOWP route. And the processing times for the BOWP are faster too,
as you don't have to wait for the LMO approval.

lemon_edz

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 07, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2014
iam_toby said:
If you are eligible for the BOWP and I would go that route. The BOWP is an open work permit,
whereas a work permit with LMO is bound to your employer. With a BOWP you have the option to
switch jobs later on.
That's only my 2 cents, I chose the BOWP route. And the processing times for the BOWP are faster too,
as you don't have to wait for the LMO approval.

thanks "toby"

i think i am eligible, sincce i got my AOR already..

if ever BOWP will be granted , what happen to my wife SOWP? does she still need to renew it?