Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Capricorn2012 said:
When you say the letter you mean the job duties and job titles should aline in accordance with the NOC.. Should the letter have job duties rephrased for what it is on the hrsdc website or you think it should be copied as such bcoz I think my friend got an updated letter request from cec bcoz her consultant copied hrsdc job duties and sent it with the application which created a sense of doubt in VO mind
Yea, by letter I mean the employment reference letter. That consultant is a putz if s/he thinks the VO is naive and will just believe a copied version. Your friend is lucky he got the request....I've heard of people denied for stuff like that.

You should not copy/paste word for word from the NOC description. The VO will have that in front of them and when he sees something like that, I would assume they would get even more suspicious. My recommendation, be honest about what you do, but also make it so that it helps you. So, for instance....you may want to reorder the duties instead of following the description, also rephrase some wording so its not completely the same, and aside from the essentials, make sure you add extra ones, so its not obvious you merely copied them. Again, thats just me thinking out loud....but put yourself in the VO's shoes and imagine what you would and wouldnt want to see.

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Capricorn2012 said:
@ infoseeker
Thank you for responding
I just spoke with CRA and Explained my situation.. They said they are going to process my application for taxes on June 10 and I should receive my NOA by June 14 at the max
Just hoping to get everything goes well for me
I didn't originally submitted pay stubs looking at my friends case who worked in the same company.. CEC requested an updated job letter
Whether I should mail in my pay stubs, NOA and an updated job letter or not
Hi Capricorn,

I hope you got some more understanding of what documents to send to CIC.

Please keep in mind one thing - While Visa Officers may (i repeat...'may') ask you for extra documents, they are NOT required to do so, specially if its one of the docs listed in the Document Checklist. If anyone tells you otherwise on this post, please tell them to look at the Refusals and their reasons being posted in the past 2-3 days in this forum. You will quickly realize, that if any of the critical documents listed in the CEC application guide are missing or not Up-to-date, VOs are handing down refusals.

Of course, people will say 'i dont think this will happen', 'i dont think VO are that cruel' or whatever, but honestly - no amount of 'friendly' emails from members here will return your 6-7 months you have already spent waiting for CEC.

As senior members on this forum have advised - Better be safe than sorry.

How does that translate in your case??

Provide enough information to CIC so that they dont see it incomplete. NOA is a required document. You were not able to send it initially. That's fine. Did you tell them that you will send it to them? I'll recommend you to do that asap. Cuz you dont know if you'd be the lucky one among November applicants whose application might be picked up for a review next week. Right?

You have all the pay stubs. Make copies and send the copies, if you haven't done so already. Some may say its doing too much - my question is - will it hurt your application if you are giving extra proofs that you were getting paid at the same scale for that job and you have done your required hours (pay stubs have hour info too!).

What does it show to the VO. You are NOT hiding anything - and your providing enough information for them to make the case in your favor, even if a doc or two is missing.

And even if something is missing - you let them know that you are working on it and it will be sent within such and such time. So that if a visa officer by chance picks your file up next week - he/she doesnt refuse on the basis of incomplete documents. If your communication is there - they will wait.

Of course this is just my opinion, this is how i submitted my application, i had few docs, i didn't had the other. But i always provided a cover letter informing them point wise, what is included, what is still missing and by when i will be able to provide them.

All the best Capricorn and the November applicants.

Anamadheya

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Aug 2012
AOR Received.
5th Sep 2012
Med's Request
7th May 2013
Med's Done....
8th April 2013
Passport Req..
6th June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14th June 2013
I completely agree with InfoSeeker12, My application was rejected on the same basis "Reference letters were not sufficient and it is not clear" was the reason, If they are asking for additional documents you are lucky but DO NOT ASSUME They will do it again when there is a confusion!

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
hi
anamadheya,
did they refuse your applicaiton after doing your medicals.They check everything before sending medicals i guess.

Anamadheya

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Aug 2012
AOR Received.
5th Sep 2012
Med's Request
7th May 2013
Med's Done....
8th April 2013
Passport Req..
6th June 2013
VISA ISSUED...
14th June 2013
Not this time luckily, I was talking about my previous application.

rajjj

Oct 12, 2010
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
Doc's Request.
FEE PAID ONLINE
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
05- 04-2013
IELTS Request
yes
alexpritie said:
Ok then that means after medicals there are less chances of refusals
I think in cec class medical is last step

rboughton

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2013
This far into our applications (Nov 12), is it safe to assume that if there was something wrong with our employer reference letter or NOC code then we would have been rejected already? Or can we still expect to be rejected at any minute. I'm getting nervous now. I just want us all to hurry up and get our medical requests!

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
rboughton said:
This far into our applications (Nov 12), is it safe to assume that if there was something wrong with our employer reference letter or NOC code then we would have been rejected already? Or can we still expect to be rejected at any minute. I'm getting nervous now. I just want us all to hurry up and get our medical requests!
Hi Rebekah,

I'm not 100% sure, but as far as i have observed here, it seems that the core eligibility criteria are evaluated first and only after passing those, the applicant is sent a Medical Request. Of course, one can fail medical, or the criminality or background checks may cause issues - but the Eligibility is the core issue which i guess is cleared before MR.

So till you get medical - if you can somehow successfully manage not to be nervous - pls do share that secret with us.

rboughton

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
BC Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-11-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2013
Surely they would have read my employer reference letter by now and rejected it if it was unacceptable?? They can't get my hopes up for so long!

All PR applicants should get free Xanax for the duration of their applications.

What other reasons would they reject us JUST BEFORE a medical?

Wasn't there a rejection thread here somewhere?

Off to go find some Xanax. ???

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rboughton said:
Surely they would have read my employer reference letter by now and rejected it if it was unacceptable?? They can't get my hopes up for so long!

All PR applicants should get free Xanax for the duration of their applications.

What other reasons would they reject us JUST BEFORE a medical?

Wasn't there a rejection thread here somewhere?

Off to go find some Xanax. ???
Any reason at all. Only when receiving medicals request it means that you have passed the eligibility test.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Guys I got laid off in march..Do i need to notify CEC...

I am 1st Applicant of november group, so I am expecting my medical request in a week or two...

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gladaki said:
Guys I got laid off in march..Do i need to notify CEC...

I am 1st Applicant of november group, so I am expecting my medical request in a week or two...
Officially, you need to notify CIC if you change jobs. Technically, since you didn't change a job you don't have the duty to notify them....

On another matter, guys, somebody get MR already! I had a bet placed on first November MR to arrive before June, 10 and I'd hate to lose...:)

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Avg time for MR from october thread looks like 7.5 months..

So I can bet for it before 15 june