Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Capricorn2012 said:
I am worried
One of my friends application for CEC got rejected last week.. Immigration officer wasn't satisfied with the job duties and wages matching rehne job title.. 0621 NOC
Another friend of mine worked at the same place as me NOC 6221 . She applied in August last year and she got a letter last week requesting updated job letter
I haven't sent my 2011 tax returns with my application as I was outside Canada at the time of taxes.. I have filed taxes for 2011 in march and still waiting for a response.. I called CRA last week and they said they are still processing my file and will take atleast 4 weeks but I am assuming CEC can start processing November applicants very soon.. My file was received November 8...
What should I do in order to get my notice of assessment ASAP
Is your friend also a November applicant?

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
yahoo7 said:
Is your friend also a November applicant?
No
She is am august applicant and immigration requested an updated job letter from her

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
CEC2013 said:
@ Capricorn

I had a similar discussion with CRA and told them I need the NOA. They instructed me to inform CIC that they have their own process and timeliness and will not make exceptions. The lady also told me that if they have a problem with that, they can contact CRA directly. Obviously, I wouldnt put it quite in those words, but maybe explain that CRA is still processing your file and once you have the document, you will forward it.

I dont think this will be a big issue. The more worriesome thing is your friends rejection. Do you have any more details?
@cec2012
My friend got rejected due to wrong NOC code ..
Lawyer who filed her LMO initially put NOC code category 0 when she should have been on NOC B ... So she had to file under CEC based on the lmo NOC code and that gave her a negative .. She is confused on whether she should reapply with correct NOC or no.. Will that make. Difference
But as far as I am concerned I am still waiting

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
InfoSeeker12 said:
Yep, NOA is one the required docs. I had a similar case when i was filing for my application. I informed CIC in the covering letter the documents there were initially not submitted with my CEC application. I also told them a tentative timeline as to when i will be able to submit them. I got them earlier and submitted.

If you have submitted your pay stubs, T4s etc..you may want to email CIC informing that you will be able to submit your NOA by so and so date. If you applied in march, you should be getting it this month. And when you email CPP-ottawa, i'm sure you do repeat the following info:
your full name
your CEC application no.
your DOB, POB
your residential address
@infoseeker
Thank you for responding
I just spoke with CRA and Explained my situation.. They said they are going to process my application for taxes on June 10 and I should receive my NOA by June 14 at the max
Just hoping to get everything goes well for me
I didn't originally submitted pay stubs looking at my friends case who worked in the same company.. CEC requested an updated job letter
Whether I should mail in my pay stubs, NOA and an updated job letter or not

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Capricorn2012 said:
@ infoseeker
Thank you for responding
I just spoke with CRA and Explained my situation.. They said they are going to process my application for taxes on June 10 and I should receive my NOA by June 14 at the max
Just hoping to get everything goes well for me
I didn't originally submitted pay stubs looking at my friends case who worked in the same company.. CEC requested an updated job letter
Whether I should mail in my pay stubs, NOA and an updated job letter or not
You will be fine. Even if they start processing before you get the NOA, chances are they will request it from you. Just make sure to send/e-mail it as soon as you receive it. I wouldn't worry about sending anything else, assuming you sent ref. letter initially.

Did your friend send a ref. letter with her application initially? Usually a reason would be given for the request? It's very unusual that they would request an updated ref. letter unless something was wrong with the first one.

Let us know/

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
jsm0085 said:
You will be fine. Even if they start processing before you get the NOA, chances are they will request it from you. Just make sure to send/e-mail it as soon as you receive it. I wouldn't worry about sending anything else, assuming you sent ref. letter initially.

Did your friend send a ref. letter with her application initially? Usually a reason would be given for the request? It's very unusual that they would request an updated ref. letter unless something was wrong with the first one.

Let us know/
The reason why they asked for this letter because when she applied for LMO approval initially she was on implied status and just to be on safe end she took admission in a community college and applied for study permit to maintain the status
Immigration wasn't sure about whether she studying at the time she was working full time or not plus her wages was a problem
They were not in accordance with the NOC pay standards but she fixed that through CRA by sending them t4 adjustment request and it was fine
This could be the reason
She is still working on what docs to send to immigration and has consulted a lawyer

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Capricorn2012 said:
The reason why they asked for this letter because when she applied for LMO approval initially she was on implied status and just to be on safe end she took admission in a community college and applied for study permit to maintain the status
Immigration wasn't sure about whether she studying at the time she was working full time or not plus her wages was a problem
They were not in accordance with the NOC pay standards but she fixed that through CRA by sending them t4 adjustment request and it was fine
This could be the reason
She is still working on what docs to send to immigration and has consulted a lawyer
Okay.

That's what I would call a slightly complicated case so unless you are in the same position I really wouldn't worry! :)

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Capricorn2012 said:
This could be the reason
What was her job vs. her wage?

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Capricorn2012 said:
My friend got rejected due to wrong NOC code ..
Lawyer who filed her LMO initially put NOC code category 0 when she should have been on NOC B ... So she had to file under CEC based on the lmo NOC code and that gave her a negative .. She is confused on whether she should reapply with correct NOC or no.. Will that make. Difference
But as far as I am concerned I am still waiting
Thanks for clarifying...I had understood that the letter was inadequate or the description of her duties was not appropriate to NOC. Sorry to hear about the lawyer. As for reapplying....completely depends on what the VO wrote as an explanation/reason. If the issue is something that can be corrected, than I dont see why she wouldnt. I dont think I would advise going the lawyer route again....seems to me she is not the only one unhappy. In any case, I personnaly would seek out details about rejection from VO letter and GCMS notes and go from there.

As for your predicament, I agree with JSM and think that they would ask for a NOA before they just deny your app. If they do request it, send them an explanation and provide details about when you will be able to forward the document. Wouldnt worry too much about this ...

Sukhie

Star Member
Mar 23, 2012
yahoo7 said:
We can expect medicals in a month or two and yes, receiving medicals is a conditional acceptance.
How do we chekx the status of the aplication., What is ecas? where do oyu see any notes etc? Please davise- also a Nov applicant here

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
jsm0085 said:
What was her job vs. her wage?
No I m fine.. My LMO was approved at $16 per hour and my t4 show the wages around $18 per hour so that isn't the case for me... I have my pay stubs for the entire time I have shown in work experience.. I have got some awards.. So all I sent initially is my t4 for 2011 and my NOA for 2010 job letter
What else should I send

Sukhie

Star Member
Mar 23, 2012
Does everyone need to submit an NOA - what is the procedure? What if tax is being deducted at source ?

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
CEC2013 said:
Thanks for clarifying...I had understood that the letter was inadequate or the description of her duties was not appropriate to NOC. Sorry to hear about the lawyer. As for reapplying....completely depends on what the VO wrote as an explanation/reason. If the issue is something that can be corrected, than I dont see why she wouldnt. I dont think I would advise going the lawyer route again....seems to me she is not the only one unhappy. In any case, I personnaly would seek out details about rejection from VO letter and GCMS notes and go from there.

As for your predicament, I agree with JSM and think that they would ask for a NOA before they just deny your app. If they do request it, send them an explanation and provide details about when you will be able to forward the document. Wouldnt worry too much about this ...
Thank you CEC
I am so worried since I heard about friends refusal last week and other friend getting updated job letter that I didn't know what to do .. Just want to get it done one shot

CEC2013

Dec 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 FEB 2013
Doc's Request.
26 NOV 2013 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14 MAR 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application.
Med's Request
27 NOV 2013
Med's Done....
29 NOV 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
09 DEC 2013
VISA ISSUED...
19 DEC 2013
LANDED..........
21 DEC 2013
Capricorn2012 said:
I am so worried since I heard about friends refusal last week and other friend getting updated job letter that I didn't know what to do .. Just want to get it done one shot
I know how you feel, and I've only been waiting for 4 months now. The most important piece is the letter, so if you got that right, you should be squared away. T4 and NOA are supporting documents that CIC uses to determine whether you are contributing taxes and to make sure your pay/hours lineup. From what I have read all over the forum....the toughest hurdle is the employment one. If you pass that and there are no other issues (meaning everything you turned in is legit), as well as no major health/security risks....you'll be good to go.

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
CEC2013 said:
I know how you feel, and I've only been waiting for 4 months now. The most important piece is the letter, so if you got that right, you should be squared away. T4 and NOA are supporting documents that CIC uses to determine whether you are contributing taxes and to make sure your pay/hours lineup. From what I have read all over the forum....the toughest hurdle is the employment one. If you pass that and there are no other issues (meaning everything you turned in is legit), as well as no major health/security risks....you'll be good to go.
When you say the letter you mean the job duties and job titles should aline in accordance with the NOC.. Should the letter have job duties rephrased for what it is on the hrsdc website or you think it should be copied as such bcoz I think my friend got an updated letter request from cec bcoz her consultant copied hrsdc job duties and sent it with the application which created a sense of doubt in VO mind