Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
3-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Hi, I also applied for the notes on the 9th of April, and also got only one email, with a temporary tracking number. I guess we really have to wait, probably next week we might hear something. Good luck!

lolita22 said:
How long did you have to wait for the notes? I applied on the 9th of April and didn't get anything yet. They gave me a tracking number and said once registered I will be given another one but I hadn't gotten that yet. I only put my address as proof that I'm residing in Canada.. should I have attached an actual copy of my work permit or something?

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Friends, I think we can expect medicals in a month or two. Not very sure if the GCMS notes will help in anyway...

passingby

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Hi,

I`ve got email with pdf file attached. Didn`t get any tracking number of anything i requested only electronic file though.

Actually my file was empty the only thing i saw is that criminality check was started (by CIO). The rest in my file is just my personal info and communications i had with CPP-O

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
passingby said:
Hi,

I`ve got email with pdf file attached. Didn`t get any tracking number of anything i requested only electronic file though.

Actually my file was empty the only thing i saw is that criminality check was started (by CIO). The rest in my file is just my personal info and communications i had with CPP-O
How long did it take to receive gcms notes and when did cic start the criminality check

passingby

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
i've got it within 3 weeks. Actually my notes say that criminal check had been started right after they received my application.

The other two things that might be interesting:

1. Secondary visa office for my application is CIO. So to me it means that CIO also might process some applications and that may explain why some applications sent in 2013 are denied on eligibility basis in a couple of month after applying
2. Due date for eligibility, medicals, criminality and security checks are set to Dec 21, 2013 and my application was received on Nov 1, 2012. So i hope that at least by the end of the year my application will be finalized.

As i said earlier gcms notes helped me to figure out that they did not attach my latest NoA for 2012 to my file even though i received confirmation email... So resent my NoA and got confirmation again, so now i hope that they finally put it on my file

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
passingby said:
i've got it within 3 weeks. Actually my notes say that criminal check had been started right after they received my application.

1. Secondary visa office for my application is CIO. So to me it means that CIO also might process some applications and that may explain why some applications sent in 2013 are denied on eligibility basis in a couple of month after applying
2. Due date for eligibility, medicals, criminality and security checks are set to Dec 21, 2013 and my application was received on Nov 1, 2012. So i hope that at least by the end of the year my application will be finalized.

As i said earlier gcms notes helped me to figure out that they did not attach my latest NoA for 2012 to my file even though i received confirmation email... So resent my NoA and got confirmation again, so now i hope that they finally put it on my file
Since you received your AOR in Dec 2012, the deadline for all the checks is Dec 2013. I hope they have attached my additional docs to my file. I have sent docs thrice and got the confirmation.

But, I am thinking of requesting for GCMS notes now..Did you submit your request for GCMS via the privacy act online?

sara007

Jan 4, 2013
Did you receive confirmation that docs are added to your file? Or just an auto reply email?

I sent my docs 1 week ago, but just received auto reply, no confirmation that docs are added to my file.

Shall I mail again? or is there any other email add I shud send (other than ottpilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca) ?

passingby said:

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sara007 said:
Did you receive confirmation that docs are added to your file? Or just an auto reply email?

I sent my docs 1 week ago, but just received auto reply, no confirmation that docs are added to my file.

Shall I mail again? or is there any other email add I shud send (other than ottpilot-immigration @ cic.gc.ca) ?
sara007, email to same address after a week...

lolita22

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November, 7th, 2012
AOR Received.
January 2nd, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
July 3rd, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 19th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 17th, 2013
LANDED..........
Nov, 2nd, 2013
Just received my GCMS notes and same thing. Nothing has started yet except Criminality which is in progress. They did RCMP screening as well. There were other notes that I didn't get but didn't look very important.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lolita22 said:
Just received my GCMS notes and same thing. Nothing has started yet except Criminality which is in progress. They did RCMP screening as well. There were other notes that I didn't get but didn't look very important.
yeah, now it doesn't look like we will be getting MR's before end of June/start of July...after initial energy spark in April CIC went into the usual (winter) hibernation mode

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
My application was received on 1st Nov. AOR was on 20 Dec....but still nothing is updated on ecas other than Application received. Can any one tell me if its usual ?

Also we are close to 7 month time line since Application was received. CEC processing time say its 13 months....

By when we should expect medicals ?
Is Medical request is a conditional acceptance ?

I was following some ones September thread

Application received -12th September 2012
AOR received - 18th October 2012
Medicals recd - 21 May 2013
Biodata & RPRF request - 21 May 2013

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gladaki said:
My application was received on 1st Nov. AOR was on 20 Dec....but still nothing is updated on ecas other than Application received. Can any one tell me if its usual ?

Also we are close to 7 month time line since Application was received. CEC processing time say its 13 months....

By when we should expect medicals ?
Is Medical request is a conditional acceptance ?

I was following some ones September thread

Application received -12th September 2012
AOR received - 18th October 2012
Medicals recd - 21 May 2013
Biodata & RPRF request - 21 May 2013
We can expect medicals in a month or two and yes, receiving medicals is a conditional acceptance.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
yahoo7 said:
We can expect medicals in a month or two and yes, receiving medicals is a conditional acceptance.
Thanks..I saw that october people started getting medical request...

I got interviewed in a very big company but they prefer PR. So I told them i will get my conditional acceptance by mid june..

important questions
Also, I got laid off in March, can that affect my application as I am getting my EI now...
though I will have some thing by month end..

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
gladaki said:
Thanks..I saw that october people started getting medical request...

I got interviewed in a very big company but they prefer PR. So I told them i will get my conditional acceptance by mid june..

important questions
Also, I got laid off in March, can that affect my application as I am getting my EI now...
though I will have some thing by month end..
No, if you satisfied the requirements and applied, getting laid off can't do anything to your application.