Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
Hi Everyone
I am in a dilemna
I got my AOR in January 1st week and i was looking at the timeline for june applicants, it seems like november applicants will hear something from CEC hopefully by june or july
My work permit has expired already and I am currently on a study permit but I am not going to school. I applied for study permit so as to remain in status in canada
One of my friends had the same situation and he suggested me to apply for a visitor visa. Please advice whether I should apply for a TRV and what are the chances of getting a positive response

fullofsunshine

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 9th, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 8th, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
July 21, 2013
Med's Done....
Aug 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Sept 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct 26, 2013
Hi,

I'm not sure about the visitor visa, but there's maybe another way.

For your situation, you may apply for bridging work visa, but I'm not 100% sure. The bridging work visa is applicable for people who applied PR and work permit has been expired. I'm not sure whether they consider receiving AOR is qualified or a further step in the application process, i.e has been determined eligible by the visa office. This is an idea, maybe you can look into this. Let me know how it work out.

Capricorn2012 said:
Hi Everyone
I am in a dilemna
I got my AOR in January 1st week and i was looking at the timeline for june applicants, it seems like november applicants will hear something from CEC hopefully by june or july
My work permit has expired already and I am currently on a study permit but I am not going to school. I applied for study permit so as to remain in status in canada
One of my friends had the same situation and he suggested me to apply for a visitor visa. Please advice whether I should apply for a TRV and what are the chances of getting a positive response

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fullofsunshine said:
Hi,

I'm not sure about the visitor visa, but there's maybe another way.

For your situation, you may apply for bridging work visa, but I'm not 100% sure. The bridging work visa is applicable for people who applied PR and work permit has been expired. I'm not sure whether they consider receiving AOR is qualified or a further step in the application process, i.e has been determined eligible by the visa office. This is an idea, maybe you can look into this. Let me know how it work out.
It isn't for this situation.

The BOWP is for those who have applied for PR and have a valid work permit that is due to expire in the next four months. This member isn't eligible.

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jsm0085 said:
It isn't for this situation.

The BOWP is for those who have applied for PR and have a valid work permit that is due to expire in the next four months. This member isn't eligible.
Totally agree with jsm0085. You can refer this link too

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

y67zhang

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
21-1-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
02-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2013 (received on the 18th)
LANDED..........
23-12-2013
The strangest thing just happened to me. I received an email from the OTT-Pilot saying that my application is refused but the content is completely referring to another application with the wrong NOC and education. It sounds like a May applicant. I emailed them back with my own AOR and hopefully they clear this up.

Will let you know what happens.

s_w_u

Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Exempted; CoPR 14-05-2013
LANDED..........
15-05-2013; PR Card received 25-07-2013
y67zhang said:
The strangest thing just happened to me. I received an email from the OTT-Pilot saying that my application is refused but the content is completely referring to another application with the wrong NOC and education. It sounds like a May applicant. I emailed them back with my own AOR and hopefully they clear this up.

Will let you know what happens.
holy dont scared me out Im a May applicant...
Just curious, whats the rejection reason for that stranger's case?

y67zhang

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
21-1-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
02-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-12-2013
Here is the rejection email below...

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:
· knowledge of English or French,
· Canadian skilled work experience,
· Canadian educational credentials (for the Post-Graduation Stream only).

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: NOC 4021 Research and teaching assistant.I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because you do not have at least 24 months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work experience, in an occupation listed in Skill Type O Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix in the 36 months preceding the date of your application. From 22 May 2009 to 21 May 2012 you acquired approximately 3322.5 hours of work experience as per your employment letters. A minimum of 3900 hours is required.Please note, as your transcripts indicate that your master’s degree was only 12 months in duration, you do not qualify for the post-graduate stream of the Canadian Experience Class.Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
y67zhang said:

I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a member of the Canadian Experience Class and have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.According to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations, applicants in the Canadian Experience Class are assessed on the basis of the pass/fail requirements set out in subsection R87.1(2). The assessment of these criteria determines whether a worker with Canadian experience will be able to become economically established in Canada. The criteria are:

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: NOC 4021 Research and teaching assistant.I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because you do not have at least 24 months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work experience, in an occupation listed in Skill Type O Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix in the 36 months preceding the date of your application. From 22 May 2009 to 21 May 2012 you acquired approximately 3322.5 hours of work experience as per your employment letters. A minimum of 3900 hours is required.Please note, as your transcripts indicate that your master's degree was only 12 months in duration, you do not qualify for the post-graduate stream of the Canadian Experience Class.Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
holy cow... thats scary..!

s_w_u

Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
y67zhang said:

Your application was assessed based on the occupation(s) which you identified as part of your skilled work experience in Canada: NOC 4021 Research and teaching assistant.I am not satisfied that you meet the skilled work experience requirement because you do not have at least 24 months of full-time work experience, or the equivalent in part-time work experience, in an occupation listed in Skill Type O Management Occupations or Skill Level A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix in the 36 months preceding the date of your application. From 22 May 2009 to 21 May 2012 you acquired approximately 3322.5 hours of work experience as per your employment letters. A minimum of 3900 hours is required.Please note, as your transcripts indicate that your master's degree was only 12 months in duration, you do not qualify for the post-graduate stream of the Canadian Experience Class.Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or for any other document required by the Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the requirements of this Act. Subsection 2(1) specifies that unless otherwise indicated, references in the Act to “this Act” include regulations made under it.Following an examination of your application, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations for the reasons explained above. I am therefore refusing your application.Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
1. hope this aint belongs to one of our members here
2. thanks for the great effort for typing this long rejection so that we could have a glance of the CEC denial scheme
3. Master program for only 12 months? I doubt the credential...plz advise if I am wrong...
4. why would somebody wasted couple hundred bucks when the CEC criteria is so clear...

from_mumbai

Mar 4, 2013
Ontario
ConfuseApplicant said:
Really sorry for this ... Did you applied based on 24 months (3900 hrs) work experience?? if yes then you are short of few hundreds hours.

And if the email is referring the correct duration of your post-secondary degree then "12 months masters degree" is not eligible as per operation manual OP 25, Page 20, section 9.12, fist bullet (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op25-eng.pdf), the extract is below

"To qualify the applicant must have: been enrolled full-time in a program of study or training with a duration of at least two years (i.e., two academic years of at least eight months excluding scheduled breaks, such as summer holidays); "
He already said that its not his case...

y67zhang

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
21-1-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
02-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-12-2013
Yah it's kinda scary. I just hope that they don't drop my application because of this error. Can't believe they would screw up something like this. Lesson learned is that people should have unique names!!!

s_w_u

Mar 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
AOR Received.
13-09-2012
Med's Request
05-03-2013
Med's Done....
14-03-2013
Passport Req..
11-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
y67zhang said:
Yah it's kinda scary. I just hope that they don't drop my application because of this error. Can't believe they would screw up something like this. Lesson learned is that people should have unique names!!!
Your app should be fine as long as you send them your AOR with a different UCI#...and make a call to the centre if they dont give you reply re your own case...just in case

So this failed applicant do have exact same name as yours?

yahoo7

Champion Member
Nov 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
y67zhang said:
You should have called CIC call center by now..Did you?

seab

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
There are certified 1 year masters programs around. They are just very specific. Eg instead of having a Masters of Science you'd probably get a Masters diploma in something specific like Bioinformatics.

y67zhang

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
AOR Received.
21-1-2013
Med's Request
13-11-2013
Med's Done....
14-11-2013
Passport Req..
02-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-12-2013
yahoo7 which number should I use? All I can find online is the number for the in-take office. Plus, I think I tried calling before but no one would answer. Appreciate if you could give me some pointers. Thanks