Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
InfoSeeker12 said:
Hi Capricorn,

I hope you got some more understanding of what documents to send to CIC.

Please keep in mind one thing - While Visa Officers may (i repeat...'may') ask you for extra documents, they are NOT required to do so, specially if its one of the docs listed in the Document Checklist. If anyone tells you otherwise on this post, please tell them to look at the Refusals and their reasons being posted in the past 2-3 days in this forum. You will quickly realize, that if any of the critical documents listed in the CEC application guide are missing or not Up-to-date, VOs are handing down refusals.

Of course, people will say 'i dont think this will happen', 'i dont think VO are that cruel' or whatever, but honestly - no amount of 'friendly' emails from members here will return your 6-7 months you have already spent waiting for CEC.

As senior members on this forum have advised - Better be safe than sorry.

How does that translate in your case??

Provide enough information to CIC so that they dont see it incomplete. NOA is a required document. You were not able to send it initially. That's fine. Did you tell them that you will send it to them? I'll recommend you to do that asap. Cuz you dont know if you'd be the lucky one among November applicants whose application might be picked up for a review next week. Right?

You have all the pay stubs. Make copies and send the copies, if you haven't done so already. Some may say its doing too much - my question is - will it hurt your application if you are giving extra proofs that you were getting paid at the same scale for that job and you have done your required hours (pay stubs have hour info too!).

What does it show to the VO. You are NOT hiding anything - and your providing enough information for them to make the case in your favor, even if a doc or two is missing.

And even if something is missing - you let them know that you are working on it and it will be sent within such and such time. So that if a visa officer by chance picks your file up next week - he/she doesnt refuse on the basis of incomplete documents. If your communication is there - they will wait.

Of course this is just my opinion, this is how i submitted my application, i had few docs, i didn't had the other. But i always provided a cover letter informing them point wise, what is included, what is still missing and by when i will be able to provide them.

All the best Capricorn and the November applicants.
Thank you info seeker ... I got my tax refund this morning so m hoping to get my NOA within a few days ,,, I was trying to find the required number of hours at work for CEC and also, as I mentioned earlier about my friend who worked in the same company was requested an updated job letter because of the doubt on her job duties by VO
do you think I should send an updated job letter along with my pay stubs and NOA ??

Sukhie

Star Member
Mar 23, 2012
Th employer gave a letter with positin pay etc but did not give full job description. They said they never do this and if there is a question, they will be answer. Is this normal? This is a well established international company. So should i and how should i send it to CIC?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Sukhie said:
Th employer gave a letter with positin pay etc but did not give full job description. They said they never do this and if there is a question, they will be answer. Is this normal? This is a well established international company. So should i and how should i send it to CIC?
Can copy and paste all the duties mentioned in your offer letter on the company letter head? If yes, Re-write the reference letter with an added line saying that the detailed job description is being submitted separately. or something of that sort.....or if you can just get your manager throw a sign under the detailed job description page, that will be awesome. Just try to keep all that stuff on the company's letter head.

Sukhie

Star Member
Mar 23, 2012
How do you get an NOA. I have the T4 based on my salary which is my only source of income. . Do I have to file a tax return?

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Yeah! We are supposed to file for our tax returns every year (deadlines are i guess 30th April). If you haven't done so, dont panic. Just simply find a tax accountant and get it done asap. They charge you around $100. Once they file your tax returns, you will get the notice of assessment in about 3 months time. Let CIC know in advance that you have filed for your tax and you will get the NOA around so and so date.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Did any one heard from CIC regarding medicals yet

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
some one from January :eek: got MR :eek:

passingby

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
CIC received my application on November 1st, but I would not expect medicals this month... friend of mine who applied mid August still waiting for medicals

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Capricorn2012 said:
Thank you info seeker ... I got my tax refund this morning so m hoping to get my NOA within a few days ,,, I was trying to find the required number of hours at work for CEC and also, as I mentioned earlier about my friend who worked in the same company was requested an updated job letter because of the doubt on her job duties by VO
do you think I should send an updated job letter along with my pay stubs and NOA ??
Sorry Capricorn - missed your question.

YES you should! Let's assume your required hours of experience completed on 1st November 2012. And you sent the application on 5th November. Preferably, you should have got the reference letter dated 1st November.

The VO may contact you to provide further proofs, but they are not required to do so. They can simply refuse your application based on the documents you have provided. So, you have to be proactive and supply enough information to convince him/her that you fully satisfy CEC requirements as of CEC 2012 rules.

All the best.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
passingby said:
CIC received my application on November 1st, but I would not expect medicals this month... friend of mine who applied mid August still waiting for medicals
Lot of people from october already got the MR...Avg time for MR for most of people look like 7.5 month

Capricorn2012

Dec 1, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 28, 2013
AOR Received.
October 30, 2013
IELTS Request
With application
Med's Request
March 21, 2014
Med's Done....
March 24, 2014
Passport Req..
March 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
April 2, 2014
LANDED..........
April 8, 2014
Hello everyone
I met a lawyer today regarding my CEC application to get some guidance
As the time is approaching... I want to make sure everything goes right for me
This lawyer adviced me
Since I am sending my NOA for 2011 that I didn't send originally with my application... He adviced me to send my updates job letter from employer.. He also said I should get my medicals done upfront and send my landing fee along with t4 and pay stubs
What is your take on this

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Hey fellow applicants,

Congratulations to all of those, who have received their medical and other requests!!
In the meanwhile this is an update from CIC website, my presumption is all of us would be impacted, what do you guys think:
"
The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation."

Also some one from march 2013 got his medical request, I don't get it how ?

suvan

Jan 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2013
Doc's Request.
RPRF 08-01-14
AOR Received.
13-05-13
IELTS Request
SENT
Med's Request
09-01-14
LANDED..........
2-6-14
one word 'Random' my friend, plan and simple

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gladaki said:
Hey fellow applicants,

Congratulations to all of those, who have received their medical and other requests!!
In the meanwhile this is an update from CIC website, my presumption is all of us would be impacted, what do you guys think:
"
The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application as far in advance as possible.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation."

Also some one from march 2013 got his medical request, I don't get it how ?
Who from March 2013 received a MR?

Dilli

Aug 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
05-09-2012
Med's Request
Didnt come since advance Medicals
Med's Done....
Sep' 2012 (Advanced)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
04-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
20-09-2013
LANDED..........
24-09-2013
now what is annoying me is someone from April also received MR. Just merely in 2 months. This is not at all fair. I along with many folks have been waiting for 10+ months now and how can CIC just send MR like this without considerate about order of application received.
I know I cannot do anything, but this is not fair at all.
See below

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqGEZiex1xCVdGx3X3l1RFhsODBCLXlaNGN0R2ZXalE#gid=0