Passport Req..
27-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-06-2013
LANDED..........
26-06-2013 (DONE - thank u all)
Date is 'Client Service Commitment Date

katelynlc said:
Well good news - we got our GCMS notes today via email!

Quick question: I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer on whether this will be a positive or negative to the application or not.

One of the notes says: "No CSCD date because no biodata on photos and no 1017, but do have a copy of medicals"
We pretty much figured out when we got to our doctor for the medicals that she had NO IDEA what she was doing, so we made them give us a copy of the medical sheet to include because I had this inkling that things would go wrong. They haven't asked us for any additional information yet (probably because no November apps going thru London yet are being looked at). Any ideas?

Thanks! :)

Ttcdfolk

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
g00 said:
hey guys can you tell me about how much time we have to wait after the medicals are done in family class sponsorship for canada because I am fed up as its been more than 3 months..... please advise ASAP
Which country are you coming from. 3 month wait really isn't that long.

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
After being here for 3 months, my man left last night.
Today I got the terrible news that my Visitors visa was refused.
I can't believe we'll have to stay apart again, and God knows for how long!

Now my question is, we applied as common-laws. Does it make any difference?

Laura010

Dec 28, 2012
Urgent please help

Hi everyone,

I've got an urgent question.

I'm currently waiting for my common-law approval as an applicant. I looked on the ecas website last week and it showed Decision Made. I'm in Holland right now on a Holiday and was planning to fly back to Vancouver tomorrow and wait for the PPR and handle the rest in Canada.

My question is: Is it possible for me to enter Canada without a return ticket while I'm applying for my Permanent Residency? I'm expecting to get my visa really soon. But I don't want to risk being sent back once I get to the border.

Anyone please help meee?

Ttcdfolk

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Hong Kong
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
01-12-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-02-2013
LANDED..........
07-07-2013
BrazilianGirl said:

You two have lived together for a whole year right? Its just a little harder to prove common law than marriage cause you don't have that piece of paper. To get a Visitor Visa is very difficult if you are applying for sponsorship at the same time.

erinblaak

Sep 21, 2011
Southeastern Asia
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
File Transfer...
07-12-2012
Med's Done....
09-30-2012
Re: Urgent please help

Laura010 said:
Hi everyone,

I'm currently waiting for my common-law approval as an applicant. I looked on the ecas website last week and it showed Decision Made. I'm in Holland right now on a Holiday and was planning to fly back to Vancouver tomorrow and wait for the PPR and handle the rest in Canada.

My question is: Is it possible for me to enter Canada without a return ticket while I'm applying for my Permanent Residency? I'm expecting to get my visa really soon. But I don't want to risk being sent back once I get to the border.

Anyone please help meee?
do you have a visitors visa already to re-enter Canada?
nothing is guaranteed, its possible that you may enter without a return ticket, its possible that they might not let you enter.
If you know a travel agency, perhaps you can make a reservation the day before you arrive, they are usually lasting for 2 days, and explain you don't wish to purchase as you assume you will get your visa in the next month or so,
also its possible you buy a cheap ticket leaving the country to just over the states border, to seattle? and if you don't use it no harm done.
other than that you have to take your chances..

erinblaak

Sep 21, 2011
Southeastern Asia
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
File Transfer...
07-12-2012
Med's Done....
09-30-2012
BrazilianGirl said:

First of all I'd like to share that I received my request for passport on April the 2nd, 2013, so we will send my husbands passport, and we will be moving together this summer to Toronto! we are very excited!!

and to Brazilian girl, I just would like to say to stay positive!!! :)
We are also applicants at the Sao Paulo office!!!!
I applied around november 15th, and I already received my request for my passport on april 2nd for my permanent residence visa.
A friend here told me that Sao Paulo has a 98% approval rating for permanent residence visas.
Also if both of you are in your mid 20s to late 30's, haven't been married before, and have no criminal record, then the application process is MUCH faster.
So don't worry :) your visa is coming soon I am sure!!

its very common to be denied a visitors visa while you are applying for a permanent resident visa, this is normal! They may assume you don't plan on leaving, even if you truly do intend a visit!

If you apply for common law it is just more difficult to prove. Being married you don't need to prove the same things as you do in common law. If you did show your house with you living at the same address for a year, bank statements with both of your names, bills with both of your names, letters, and a lot of photos, then you should be fine. As long as it is genuine you shouldn't have a problem receiving your visa. You might require an interview if necessary in Sao Paulo, but if you provided subsequent proof you shouldn't need it!!
Good luck Sao Paulo is working very fast right now so i hope you get yours soon and you don't need to be apart any longer!

The sao paulo office is fast this year! keep strong!

riverrock55

Star Member
Nov 13, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2012
AOR Received.
20-12-2012 (in-process 7-2-2013)
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
21-04-2013
Re: Urgent please help

Laura010 said:
Hi everyone,

Anyone please help meee?
Are you from a visa exempt country? I would assume that if you are and you bring a copy of all the correspondence that CIC sent you, sponsorship approval letter etc, screen shot of your DM ECAS. I would assume it would be fine.

As far as your ECAS now saying DM I don't think it's any different that if it still said in-process.

Why didn't you figure this out before you left Canada and went on vacation?

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
erinblaak said:
First of all I'd like to share that I received my request for passport on April the 2nd, 2013, so we will send my husbands passport, and we will be moving together this summer to Toronto! we are very excited!!

and to Brazilian girl, I just would like to say to stay positive!!! :)
We are also applicants at the Sao Paulo office!!!!
I applied around november 15th, and I already received my request for my passport on april 2nd for my permanent residence visa.
A friend here told me that Sao Paulo has a 98% approval rating for permanent residence visas.
Also if both of you are in your mid 20s to late 30's, haven't been married before, and have no criminal record, then the application process is MUCH faster.
So don't worry :) your visa is coming soon I am sure!!

its very common to be denied a visitors visa while you are applying for a permanent resident visa, this is normal! They may assume you don't plan on leaving, even if you truly do intend a visit!

If you apply for common law it is just more difficult to prove. Being married you don't need to prove the same things as you do in common law. If you did show your house with you living at the same address for a year, bank statements with both of your names, bills with both of your names, letters, and a lot of photos, then you should be fine. As long as it is genuine you shouldn't have a problem receiving your visa. You might require an interview if necessary in Sao Paulo, but if you provided subsequent proof you shouldn't need it!!
Good luck Sao Paulo is working very fast right now so i hope you get yours soon and you don't need to be apart any longer!

The sao paulo office is fast this year! keep strong!
Thank you SOOOOO much!
At least now I'm crying of joy!

We lived together for 1,5 years. We both showed driver's license with the same address, also a fishing license, showed that I'm on his benefits from work as a common-law since Oct 1, 2010. No joint bank accounts or bills with both names though... When we moved together, I just moved to the house he was already in. It was under his name and we left it that way. And for the time we were apart, there's proof of EVERYDAY talk! Facebook and Skype. Thinking about it, I was actually amazed about it! Sometimes we would have a busy day, but we would always make sure to contact each other to wish each other a good night and say how much we love each other.
We've never being married before, but he has two kids, and there's TONS of pictures of all of us together in every season: at High Park in the spring and winter, skiing just the two of us at Blue Mountain and with the kidlets at Ski Snow Valley, climbing at Rattlesnake Park and Oasis Rock Climbing, Santa Claus Parade... Well, TONS of pictures, also with my mom and my brother when they went to visit us.
Honestly, I'm not afraid of an interview. I believe photos can tell much more than some documents.
My parents were actually very impressed with the fact he stayed 3 months here with me, which also means 3 months away from his kids (now 11 and 13), which he had done it before only for 2 weeks max.
Thank you so much for calming me down!
Another thing is: how did they contact you requesting the passport, and how can you send it?

Now, most of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
It will be a great Toronto summer!!
Enjoy yourselves!!! :D

dayver1331

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Hamilton, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2012
File Transfer...
13-02-2013
Med's Done....
19-09-2012
This is what i'm getting on ECAS right now. Any help?
"The site's security certificate has expired!
You attempted to reach services3.cic.gc.ca, but the server presented an expired certificate. No information is available to indicate whether that certificate has been compromised since its expiration. This means Google Chrome cannot guarantee that you are communicating with services3.cic.gc.ca and not an attacker. Your computer's clock is currently set to Wednesday, 3 April 2013 07:44:10. Does that look right? If not, you should correct the error and refresh this page.
You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site."

i haven't been able to check for the past few days. is this something specific to my network here, or CIC's website?

nzandcanada

Star Member
Sep 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2012
AOR Received.
No AOR received
File Transfer...
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
19-10-2012
dayver1331 said:
This is what i'm getting on ECAS right now. Any help?
"The site's security certificate has expired!
You attempted to reach services3.cic.gc.ca, but the server presented an expired certificate. No information is available to indicate whether that certificate has been compromised since its expiration. This means Google Chrome cannot guarantee that you are communicating with services3.cic.gc.ca and not an attacker. Your computer's clock is currently set to Wednesday, 3 April 2013 07:44:10. Does that look right? If not, you should correct the error and refresh this page.
You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site."

i haven't been able to check for the past few days. is this something specific to my network here, or CIC's website?
I see that message in google chrome too. If you press proceed anyway you can go through to the cic website as usual. Another option is to try another browser like internet explorer or firefox if you feel uneasy about using chrome.

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
BrazilianGirl said:
Honestly, I'm not afraid of an interview. I believe photos can tell much more than some documents.

so true... at first i was worried about interviews but then afterwards i realized we really have nothing to lose even if we did get one. i'm not worried one bit because we have absolutely nothing to hide so there's nothing to be nervous about : ) of course that's how it should be with all the couples applying though :p sorry your husband had to go! it definitely sucks to be apart, i only see mine every couple months if that and to be honest i REALLY miss being with him in canada more than anything, and i haven't been there since november! : ( going again soon at the end of may for two weeks, and on the last four days finally going on our little "honeymoon" to niagara falls (my first time!). i know it's tough especially since you weren't able to get that visitor visa for the mean time but at least its just another step closer to you guys being together indefinitely! i know you must miss him to death though, i sure know that feeling. hurts but its kind of a good feeling to know others have been there before and you can relate to them : )

also congratulations to erinblaak on the passport request! its great to see others moving along on here because it's makes me feel more hopeful that my turn is just around the corner : ) can't wait til some ottawa or other US applicants start hearing things, then i'll know my turn is REALLY close! just like yours is BrazilianGirl, at least you share the same visa office as someone who just moved a huge step forward! i'd be feeling extra hopeful if i were you :p

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
bscinto92 said:
so true... at first i was worried about interviews but then afterwards i realized we really have nothing to lose even if we did get one. i'm not worried one bit because we have absolutely nothing to hide so there's nothing to be nervous about : ) of course that's how it should be with all the couples applying though :p
Exactly! We got nothing to worry about an interview. As you said, there's nothing to hide.

bscinto92 said:
it definitely sucks to be apart, i only see mine every couple months if that and to be honest i REALLY miss being with him in canada more than anything, and i haven't been there since november! : ( going again soon at the end of may for two weeks, and on the last four days finally going on our little "honeymoon" to niagara falls (my first time!).
YAY! Happy "honeymoon" to you guys!
Enjoy Niagara Falls! It's a beautiful place. If you have the chance, do the boat little trip and go see the caves (I haven't done the caves, but it sounds cool!)

bscinto92 said:
i know you must miss him to death though, i sure know that feeling. hurts but its kind of a good feeling to know others have been there before and you can relate to them : )
Funny enough, I do relate much more with people here, people that I've never met in person than some friends on Facebook. They have no idea what I've been going though...

bscinto92 said:
can't wait til some ottawa or other US applicants start hearing things, then i'll know my turn is REALLY close! just like yours is BrazilianGirl, at least you share the same visa office as someone who just moved a huge step forward! i'd be feeling extra hopeful if i were you :p
Yours will come soon as well, girl!
And believe me, when erinblaak got his passport request, the tears became of joy!

Good luck to all of us! I hope we all can enjoy the summer of Canada beside our loved ones soon!!!

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
BrazilianGirl said:

Oi BrazilianGirl!

Eutambem sou uma :)

Apesar de minha application ser de Janeiro/2013, eu notei no seu timeline que sua file transfer eh de inicio de marco. Essa data se refere a aprovacao do sponsor? Se for, a minha ocorreu 3 dias antes da sua... Sera que eles juntam aplications para mandar tudo junto? Fiquei curiosa!

Hi BrazilianGirl!

I am also a Brazilian Girl like you :)

Although I've filled my application in January/2013, I've noticed in your timeline you file transfer occurred in March 4th? Is this the same date as the sponsor's approval? If so, mine happened 3 days prior to yours. I am wondering if they gather applications to send them to Sao Paulo VO all together? I'm curious now...

katelynlc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2012
Fredericton, NB
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-11-2012
Doc's Request.
29-04-2013
AOR Received.
26-11-2012
Med's Done....
02-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-07-2013
LANDED..........
31-07-2013
Just saw a poster on the London VO Thread from October get a DM!
That means we are (potentially) next November! First piece of good news I've seen in a while! :)