13-11-2012
File Transfer...
07-12-2012
Med's Done....
09-30-2012
BrazilianGirl said:
Thank you SOOOOO much!
At least now I'm crying of joy!

We lived together for 1,5 years. We both showed driver's license with the same address, also a fishing license, showed that I'm on his benefits from work as a common-law since Oct 1, 2010. No joint bank accounts or bills with both names though... When we moved together, I just moved to the house he was already in. It was under his name and we left it that way. And for the time we were apart, there's proof of EVERYDAY talk! Facebook and Skype. Thinking about it, I was actually amazed about it! Sometimes we would have a busy day, but we would always make sure to contact each other to wish each other a good night and say how much we love each other.
We've never being married before, but he has two kids, and there's TONS of pictures of all of us together in every season: at High Park in the spring and winter, skiing just the two of us at Blue Mountain and with the kidlets at Ski Snow Valley, climbing at Rattlesnake Park and Oasis Rock Climbing, Santa Claus Parade... Well, TONS of pictures, also with my mom and my brother when they went to visit us.
Honestly, I'm not afraid of an interview. I believe photos can tell much more than some documents.
My parents were actually very impressed with the fact he stayed 3 months here with me, which also means 3 months away from his kids (now 11 and 13), which he had done it before only for 2 weeks max.
Thank you so much for calming me down!
Another thing is: how did they contact you requesting the passport, and how can you send it?

Now, most of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
It will be a great Toronto summer!!
Enjoy yourselves!!! :D
That sounds incredible!! Sounds like you really had a lovely time together! Also it seems like you have shown a lot of proof to the embassy so I'm sure you will not have trouble to get into Canada! i think your turn is around the corner. Sao Paulo seems to be doing well this year!

I hope we will all be enjoying summer with our loved ones! Thats cool you will move also to Toronto?

They contacted me in the same way that they did for the sponsorship approval, and the notice that they were sending the application to Brazil: by email. If you also received email for these stages, you should get a letter about passport request by email as well.
The letter states how to get the passport back, but i can tell you the options now. If you are in Brazil, you can either pick it up yourself, sign a letter of permission and have a friend pick it up for you, send them your home address and have them mail it to you, or lastly if you are out of the country, you can have them courier it to you, you will just need to provide them with your current address, and a courier account number. You can sign up with either UPS or FEDEX online for these services.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU! i hope we will all be in Canada in the next coming months!!!

erinblaak

Sep 21, 2011
Southeastern Asia
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
File Transfer...
07-12-2012
Med's Done....
09-30-2012
bscinto92 said:
so true... at first i was worried about interviews but then afterwards i realized we really have nothing to lose even if we did get one. i'm not worried one bit because we have absolutely nothing to hide so there's nothing to be nervous about : ) of course that's how it should be with all the couples applying though :p sorry your husband had to go! it definitely sucks to be apart, i only see mine every couple months if that and to be honest i REALLY miss being with him in canada more than anything, and i haven't been there since november! : ( going again soon at the end of may for two weeks, and on the last four days finally going on our little "honeymoon" to niagara falls (my first time!). i know it's tough especially since you weren't able to get that visitor visa for the mean time but at least its just another step closer to you guys being together indefinitely! i know you must miss him to death though, i sure know that feeling. hurts but its kind of a good feeling to know others have been there before and you can relate to them : )

also congratulations to erinblaak on the passport request! its great to see others moving along on here because it's makes me feel more hopeful that my turn is just around the corner : ) can't wait til some ottawa or other US applicants start hearing things, then i'll know my turn is REALLY close! just like yours is BrazilianGirl, at least you share the same visa office as someone who just moved a huge step forward! i'd be feeling extra hopeful if i were you :p
THANK YOU :D i can't wait till my husband can finally come join me in Canada we are excited!! Just a few more weeks now :)

and yours is coming! I've been checking the chart and it looks like there have been almost 10 passport requests already so we're making progress! just a little longer!

and if you haven't already gone on your honeymoon have an amazing time in niagra falls!!!

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Oct. 01, 2013 - Redo X-Ray
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
erinblaak said:
That sounds incredible!! Sounds like you really had a lovely time together! Also it seems like you have shown a lot of proof to the embassy so I'm sure you will not have trouble to get into Canada! i think your turn is around the corner. Sao Paulo seems to be doing well this year!

I hope we will all be enjoying summer with our loved ones! Thats cool you will move also to Toronto?

They contacted me in the same way that they did for the sponsorship approval, and the notice that they were sending the application to Brazil: by email. If you also received email for these stages, you should get a letter about passport request by email as well.
The letter states how to get the passport back, but i can tell you the options now. If you are in Brazil, you can either pick it up yourself, sign a letter of permission and have a friend pick it up for you, send them your home address and have them mail it to you, or lastly if you are out of the country, you can have them courier it to you, you will just need to provide them with your current address, and a courier account number. You can sign up with either UPS or FEDEX online for these services.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU! i hope we will all be in Canada in the next coming months!!!
We certainly did have great times! We both love outdoors!
Yes, I'm going to Toronto as well, but not sure if we are going to stay there for too long. We got a house up in Schreiber, 16hrs drive of Toronto. Very quiet and nice town and surrounded by nature!

Well, our Sponsorship approval went to our address in Canada by regular mail. We've never gotten a second letter stating they've received our application in Sao Paulo though.

Thank you for all the support! You've given me great hope! =]

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
katelynlc said:
Just saw a poster on the London VO Thread from October get a DM!
That means we are (potentially) next November! First piece of good news I've seen in a while! :)
Great! I hope your VO move really fast!
Good luck!!!

nanediniz

Aug 2, 2012
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo-Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
never
File Transfer...
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-09-2013
LANDED..........
Flight booked to Oct 26th
erinblaak said:
First of all I'd like to share that I received my request for passport on April the 2nd, 2013, so we will send my husbands passport, and we will be moving together this summer to Toronto! we are very excited!!

and to Brazilian girl, I just would like to say to stay positive!!! :)
We are also applicants at the Sao Paulo office!!!!
I applied around november 15th, and I already received my request for my passport on april 2nd for my permanent residence visa.
A friend here told me that Sao Paulo has a 98% approval rating for permanent residence visas.
Also if both of you are in your mid 20s to late 30's, haven't been married before, and have no criminal record, then the application process is MUCH faster.
So don't worry :) your visa is coming soon I am sure!!

its very common to be denied a visitors visa while you are applying for a permanent resident visa, this is normal! They may assume you don't plan on leaving, even if you truly do intend a visit!

If you apply for common law it is just more difficult to prove. Being married you don't need to prove the same things as you do in common law. If you did show your house with you living at the same address for a year, bank statements with both of your names, bills with both of your names, letters, and a lot of photos, then you should be fine. As long as it is genuine you shouldn't have a problem receiving your visa. You might require an interview if necessary in Sao Paulo, but if you provided subsequent proof you shouldn't need it!!
Good luck Sao Paulo is working very fast right now so i hope you get yours soon and you don't need to be apart any longer!

The sao paulo office is fast this year! keep strong!
Hey Erinblaak!

I am also an applicant of Sao Paulo (filled in January) and it's great news you're sharing! Congratulations!
I hope I'll make it to Canada in July if I get to be lucky as you! Missing my hubby... :-[

erinblaak

Sep 21, 2011
Southeastern Asia
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
File Transfer...
07-12-2012
Med's Done....
09-30-2012
BrazilianGirl said:
Yes, I'm going to Toronto as well, but not sure if we are going to stay there for too long. We got a house up in Schreiber, 16hrs drive of Toronto. Very quiet and nice town and surrounded by nature!

Well, our Sponsorship approval went to our address in Canada by regular mail. We've never gotten a second letter stating they've received our application in Sao Paulo though.

Thank you for all the support! You've given me great hope! =]
Wow that sounds amazing!! very lovely!! i will go to school to study in Toronto so we will stay in the city for a few years!

Dear don't worry because the Sao Paulo location never sends notice that they received your application. We didn't get it either. The same with many people. It's normal :) So I'm sure your application is on the way! They should only send you a letter if something is missing from your application. (we forgot a few things - and it didn't seem to delay the process much!)

Yes be positive!!

Boa sorte amiga! seu tempo vai ser logo!! nao se preoculpe. (still learning portuguese - been 3 times for long periods in Brazil, but its not so great)

erinblaak

Sep 21, 2011
Southeastern Asia
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2012
AOR Received.
13-11-2012
File Transfer...
07-12-2012
Med's Done....
09-30-2012
nanediniz said:
Hey Erinblaak!

I am also an applicant of Sao Paulo (filled in January) and it's great news you're sharing! Congratulations!
I hope I'll make it to Canada in July if I get to be lucky as you! Missing my hubby... :-[

Obrigada amiga!!! Eu acho Sao Paulo estou trabalhando muito rapido esse ano!!! Eu acho vc vai tem seu visto logo tambem!! Boa sorte :)

(for anyone else reading, Thank you friend, and I think Sao Paulo is working very quickly this year. I think you will have your visa soon good luck.)

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
BrazilianGirl said:
sometimes i wish my husband and i could meet up with all of my immigration forum friends somewhere down the road because we seem to have lots in common lol. we love the out doors as well... hamilton is a pretty big city but on the outskirts theres lots of places to go for hikes and walks. dont know if any of you have ever been to hamilton but for as crappy as it is sometimes there are lots of outdoorsy things to do! we used to walk all over the place, not even take the bus on certain days lol. hope things start moving fast for you soon brazilian girl, and hope that erinblaak gets to be with her hubby by the summer time! i'm so so so excited for some beautiful weather in niagara falls, it will be amazing! the weathers been absolutely gorgeous over here in connecticut lately, sun's been out every day so far and the temperature keeps rising every day. but of course i'm locked up inside every day because of work so i dont truly get to enjoy it... oh well, at least the sun being out every day makes it easier to wake up and get going haha

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
erinblaak said:
Yes be positive!!

Boa sorte amiga! seu tempo vai ser logo!! nao se preoculpe. (still learning portuguese - been 3 times for long periods in Brazil, but its not so great)
Thanks, girl!
I know everything is going to be just fine! Sometimes I just wish the world could spin at my speed... But as they say, patience is a great virtue.

You are doing great in Portuguese! As long as you can make yourself understood, you are communicating! ;)
My man was here for 3 months and learned a bit too. He learned more with my 8 years old little sister than with anyone else! =] It's nice because she is in English at the same level as he is in Portuguese. As he says, charades!

Thanks again for calming my heart!

PS. What are you going to study in Toronto?

BrazilianGirl

Oct 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 30, 2012
Doc's Request.
June 18, 2013 - RCMP
AOR Received.
March 04, 2013
File Transfer...
March 12, 2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Oct. 04, 2012
Passport Req..
Sept. 23, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Oct. 26, 2013
LANDED..........
Oct. 31, 2013
bscinto92 said:
sometimes i wish my husband and i could meet up with all of my immigration forum friends somewhere down the road because we seem to have lots in common lol. we love the out doors as well... hamilton is a pretty big city but on the outskirts theres lots of places to go for hikes and walks. dont know if any of you have ever been to hamilton but for as crappy as it is sometimes there are lots of outdoorsy things to do! we used to walk all over the place, not even take the bus on certain days lol. hope things start moving fast for you soon brazilian girl, and hope that erinblaak gets to be with her hubby by the summer time! i'm so so so excited for some beautiful weather in niagara falls, it will be amazing! the weathers been absolutely gorgeous over here in connecticut lately, sun's been out every day so far and the temperature keeps rising every day. but of course i'm locked up inside every day because of work so i dont truly get to enjoy it... oh well, at least the sun being out every day makes it easier to wake up and get going haha
Hey girl!
I actually have thought about it too, meeting up with some people from here.
Now, if you like outdoors, we've been to Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area, Milton, ON, Canada, climbing, but it's a very nice place to go take a walk about as well. Another place, that is close to the other, and I believe close to you guys as well, is Hilton Falls Conservation Area, Milton. It's a very nice place. My man, our Shadow (our lovely dog) and I have discovered some cool caves there. There a little water fall we've gotten in. It's an amazing place to go for a walk and forget about any possible stress!

For sure you are going to have a lovely time in Niagara! I'll be wishing a great weather for you guys there!

And be happy you got a job there. At the moment, I don't, and it's freaking me out!! I need something to do constantly... I think I'll take up knitting... It's funny because I don't know if I should look for a job now. If the Sao Paulo VO is going that fast, and I hope it is, it would be the time to get into a job, say hello and leave it. It happened before and I was kinda embarrassed to tell them I was leaving...
But anyway, I don't know what you do, but enjoy it, and enjoy the people that you work with, because soon enough you'll have to say good bye to them.

Best luck to you guys!!

bscinto92

Apr 8, 2012
Shelton, Connecticut
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2012
File Transfer...
December 9, 2012
Med's Done....
August 15, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 31, 2013
LANDED..........
June 29, 2013
BrazilianGirl said:
Hey girl!
I actually have thought about it too, meeting up with some people from here.
Now, if you like outdoors, we've been to Rattlesnake Point Conservation Area, Milton, ON, Canada, climbing, but it's a very nice place to go take a walk about as well. Another place, that is close to the other, and I believe close to you guys as well, is Hilton Falls Conservation Area, Milton. It's a very nice place. My man, our Shadow (our lovely dog) and I have discovered some cool caves there. There a little water fall we've gotten in. It's an amazing place to go for a walk and forget about any possible stress!

For sure you are going to have a lovely time in Niagara! I'll be wishing a great weather for you guys there!

And be happy you got a job there. At the moment, I don't, and it's freaking me out!! I need something to do constantly... I think I'll take up knitting... It's funny because I don't know if I should look for a job now. If the Sao Paulo VO is going that fast, and I hope it is, it would be the time to get into a job, say hello and leave it. It happened before and I was kinda embarrassed to tell them I was leaving...
But anyway, I don't know what you do, but enjoy it, and enjoy the people that you work with, because soon enough you'll have to say good bye to them.

Best luck to you guys!!

ooo thanks for the suggestions ill have to look into it, i dont believe milton is far from us. i've always wanted to go find some caves. theres lots of waterfalls in hamilton, apparently its
the waterfall capital of the world lol... we used to go hike to them and just sit there for hours and talk, it was so relaxing. wish we had a puppy to bring with us like you do though! i had a puppy named sophie, a yellow lab. but when i left to go to canada and be with my husband she kind of became my mom's dog. now i have a kitten but i dont think shell be going on any hikes or walks with us hahaha.

i am happy and extremely thankful that i have a job right now even though i complain about it a lot lol. its not so much that i dont like the job its that i just work a lot of hours and have to commute pretty far every day so when i work a lot of closes it gets tiring. and when the weathers nice i'd just always rather be outside. i'm actually a hair stylist but right now i am just assisting at this salon that is actually the reason why you see unisex salons all over connecticut, they took the state to court back in the 70's because they said men and women werent allowed to be styled in the same salons, and they won. i actually do love my job and i adore the people i work with, to be honest i'm actually kind of going to miss them all when i have to leave : ( but i know this is going to help me tremendously in my future in canada.

Lindissa

Star Member
Aug 6, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012
AOR Received.
28-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-12-2012
Med's Done....
01-10-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-05-2013
LANDED..........
18-05-2013
Hiiiiiiiiii everyone from sunny Vancouver!! (JUST KIDDING, it's rained every day I've been here lol)
So good to be back in Canada, didn't have any trouble at Customs and breezed right through! My first week back has been amazing, so happy to be with my wife!
Hope everything is well with all of you, I've read there's been some movement so that's encouraging.. I haven't heard anything else from Ottawa as of yet, but I'm hopeful we'll hear something soon!

Ms Malawi

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
07-01-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
02-05-2013
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013
LANDED..........
27-05-2013
MrsN said:
Hello everyone! I am new to the forum but have been reading your posts for a while. I am also a November applicant sponsoring my husband who is in South Africa. We could not send his medical with the main application as the doctor said he could not do it without a request from CIC. On 23rd January we received a letter form CPP ottawa (via our lawyer) saying our application was incomplete and my husband needed to do his medical which he did and sent the IMM1017 copy 2 form directly to CPP Ottawa via DHL. It was received ie signed for by someone at CPP Ottawa on the 4th of February. The doctor informed us that he will send the medical via courier to London where cic will access the results electronically and that the courier would take 5 days to get to London. Ever since then our status on ecas has remained as "application received" on the 9th of November 2012. I contacted our lawyer to ask him if he can contact CPP Ottawa to check the progress of our application and also whether he received a letter of sponsorship approval but he did not seem to want to do this and said this status on ecas was normal. He was very unhelpful and also said that contacting CPP ottawa would only lead to further delays on our application. I am so frustrated as I now regret using a lawyer especially after discovering this great forum!
I guess my question to you all is, is there anyone else still having "application received" at this stage. Any suggestions/advice from would be really appreciated! So frustrated!!!!!
Hello Mrs. N, Its a long process. Be sure to click on application received every once in awhile to see if there are updates such as medical received or interview scheduled or anything. I am also through Pretoria, and as I have gathered its a pretty quiet process until there is movement on your application. Use the forum to gather insight and to ask questions.

If you would like to be added to the spreadsheet please provide the date when your sponsorship approval was received and when you sent in your application. I will add you for sure! Always good to see others going through Pretoria! :)

Ms Malawi

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
07-01-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
02-05-2013
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013
LANDED..........
27-05-2013
Hello All!

I apologize for being away for awhile. Funny how life seems to get in the way some days!!! Anywaz I have done some major updates! Congrats to all with good news!!! Let's hope for more as spring is approaching! If I missed anything, please let me know!

rpurdie

Nov 16, 2012
London, England
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2012
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
01-11-2012
Passport Req..
visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2013
LANDED..........
30-07-2013
katelynlc said:
Just saw a poster on the London VO Thread from October get a DM!
That means we are (potentially) next November! First piece of good news I've seen in a while! :)
Katelyn - we have pretty similar timescales but i couldn't see you on the London VO spreadsheet ?