Med's Done....
7/02/2014
Interview........
13th May 2014
Passport Req..
13th May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
13th May 2014
Good day my couleaque PTs.I got my PER yesterday after some hiccups over payment. My application was received Nov21 but sent back only to be resent on 15feb.My visa office is accra. I noticed that NDVO is pretty fast for PT.and other VO are not as fast.What do U think is resposible for this.I am really happy for all Indian PTs for this new development.

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
You are welcome Temi (9ice name) ;). You are right, Accra is not as fast as some other visa offices, but comparing to other VOs like Buffalo, you'll be glad you have Accra as your VO. As to why NDVO is relatively fast: it would appear that they have put in place some kind of internal systems/structures that enable them to process applications faster. That said, I also observe that they appear to have focused almost entirely on the applicants under the new rule at the complete neglect of the older applicants. I know this applies across all VOs but I think the ratio is screwed by by NDVO in favor of the new rule applicants. Just my anecdoctal observation really nothing empirical.

Where were you trained: U.I, Unilag, UNN...? You can send me a pm if you don't want to divulge too much of your personal info ;)

All the best

9j

Temi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/02/2012
AOR Received.
21/03/2012
Med's Request
30/01/2014
Med's Done....
7/02/2014
Interview........
13th May 2014
Passport Req..
13th May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
13th May 2014
Nice to meet U on the forum 9jcanada. Thank you for your brilliant reply. yah, I trained in Great Ife,OAU, the king of all versity..Ha ha ha! I can see your VO is london. I would have asked you what the timeline like for PTs in accra. It appear there have not been many PTs using this VO recently. Well, Its good to know you are thru with your medicals. Congrats. Have U done your credentialling? I have been on thiss for almost 16 months now.The Alliance has been crawling.It is pretty frustrating.I pray your good news is around the corner and to all PT friends on this forum.

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Temi said:
Nice to meet U on the forum 9jcanada. Thank you for your brilliant reply. yah, I trained in Great Ife,OAU, the king of all versity..Ha ha ha! I can see your VO is london. I would have asked you what the timeline like for PTs in accra. It appear there have not been many PTs using this VO recently. Well, Its good to know you are thru with your medicals. Congrats. Have U done your credentialling? I have been on thiss for almost 16 months now.The Alliance has been crawling.It is pretty frustrating.I pray your good news is around the corner and to all PT friends on this forum.
You are welcome Temi. 'Ife the king of all versities?' That is an issue for another day :) There's very little evidence to suggest VOs generally prioritize applications based on NOC codes. I think your best guide will be applicants with similar timelines. There are many Accra applicants on the forum from which you can share timelines and draw experiences.

Credentialing: I am afraid the process is almost becoming like the quest for the holy grail these days. Glad to see you are already going through the process. It is always a good idea to start the process in advance or at least in tandem with the PR processing. Unfortunately the periodic review of the alliance credentialing standard, some changes to the credentialing process and huge increase in volume of applications over the last couple of years has resulted in a huge backlog. It is taking a lot of patience and wisdom to swim the tide. I have sent you a pm bout my personal experience.

Amongst the many virtues we need to see us through this journey patience and perseverance is paramount. I pray for abundance of both for all of us.

All the best

9j

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
MY RPRF ENCASHED ON MAR 23RD BY NDVO

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Hi folks,

We finally got our PPR from the CHC London this morning.

We've been given 30 days to submit our passports.Timeline are shown on my profile.

Initial landing and PT written exam scheduled for November 2012. All things being equal, final relocation in Summer 2013.

Thanks everyone for your support and all the best to all of us.

9j

mayankpt

Aug 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 nov 2011
AOR Received.
PER 3 FEB 2012
IELTS Request
sent with the application
File Transfer...
21 feb 2012
Med's Request
29 march 2012
Med's Done....
9 april 2012, Medicals sent on 10 april
Passport Req..
29 March,2012
9jcanada said:
Hi folks,

We've been given 30 days to submit our passports.Timeline are shown on my profile.

Initial landing and PT written exam scheduled for November 2012. All things being equal, final relocation in Summer 2013.

CONGRATS 9j :)
9j

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Thanks Mayank. hope things are moving with your credentialing application.

All the best

9j

Temi

Star Member
Dec 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/02/2012
AOR Received.
21/03/2012
Med's Request
30/01/2014
Med's Done....
7/02/2014
Interview........
13th May 2014
Passport Req..
13th May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
13th May 2014
9j, CONGRATS. Yes ,I feel U.I saw it coming. Congratulations once again.

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
submitted with application
AOR Received.
1st AOR on 28-07-2011, 2nd AOR 23-08-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
9jcanada said:
Hi folks,

9j
congratulations 9j ;)
Im planning to start credentialising next month.
can u share ur experience of whole credentialising process us.plz.
Im scared of starting this process as it is very lengthy.
plz help

kg

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
kg_bang said:
congratulations 9j ;)
Im planning to start credentialising next month.
can u share ur experience of whole credentialising process us.plz.
Im scared of starting this process as it is very lengthy.
plz help

kg
Thanks Temi and kg_bang. I wish you guys all the best and good news soonest.

@kg_bang: There is nothing to be scared about the credentialing process. It process has become a bit lengthy of late so I'll advice people to start early enough. It may not feel like it now, but trust me completing your credentialing before landing will save a huge time and facilitate faster professional footing in Canada. It is difficult to predict what will be the outcome of individual credential review. My advice is that you familiarize yourself with the applicable guidelines and standard from the Alliance at the time of application. If you know of anyone who has recently completed or have completed the initial phase of the process from your institution find out about the outcome of their credentialing as it may be a good indication of what to expect. The process itself in a nut shell involves:

1) Submit application with notarized certificates, passport and notarized identity form
2) Request your school(s) to submit your academic transcripts, curriculum or/and course descriptions. Make sure that all necessary information are sent by your institutions particularly documents about your clinical placement and internship (Where internship is part of the condition for the award of the degree)
3) The alliance is taking up to 12-16 months to complete this initial phase at the moment. Depending on the contents of your training and the details of your documentation, some deficiencies might be found. The Alliance usually gives the applicants opportunity at this stage to provide further documentation to clarify if they had covered these deficiencies as part of their professional training. Upon further review of the additional documentation or if you agree with the outcome of the initial evaluation you may be eligible to apply for PLAR which gives you a number of options of cvourses to complete or ask you to provide some post qualification experience that may cover some of the deficiencies. You will also be required to complete courses in context of physiotherapy practice in Canada.

It does look like a complicated process, but my advice is to start and work your way through. Many applicants make the mistake of comparing the Canadian credentialing process with the US process. The truth is that the Canadian process is unique in its approach and can be rather protracted depending on individual circumstances. So look for someone from your institution who has done this recently, it will save your time.

I hope this helps.

9j

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
9jcanada said:
Thanks Temi and kg_bang. I wish you guys all the best and good news soonest.

@ kg_bang: There is nothing to be scared about the credentialing process. It process has become a bit lengthy of late so I'll advice people to start early enough. It may not feel like it now, but trust me completing your credentialing before landing will save a huge time and facilitate faster professional footing in Canada. It is difficult to predict what will be the outcome of individual credential review. My advice is that you familiarize yourself with the applicable guidelines and standard from the Alliance at the time of application. If you know of anyone who has recently completed or have completed the initial phase of the process from your institution find out about the outcome of their credentialing as it may be a good indication of what to expect. The process itself in a nut shell involves:

1) Submit application with notarized certificates, passport and notarized identity form
2) Request your school(s) to submit your academic transcripts, curriculum or/and course descriptions. Make sure that all necessary information are sent by your institutions particularly documents about your clinical placement and internship (Where internship is part of the condition for the award of the degree)
3) The alliance is taking up to 12-16 months to complete this initial phase at the moment. Depending on the contents of your training and the details of your documentation, some deficiencies might be found. The Alliance usually gives the applicants opportunity at this stage to provide further documentation to clarify if they had covered these deficiencies as part of their professional training. Upon further review of the additional documentation or if you agree with the outcome of the initial evaluation you may be eligible to apply for PLAR which gives you a number of options of cvourses to complete or ask you to provide some post qualification experience that may cover some of the deficiencies. You will also be required to complete courses in context of physiotherapy practice in Canada.

It does look like a complicated process, but my advice is to start and work your way through. Many applicants make the mistake of comparing the Canadian credentialing process with the US process. The truth is that the Canadian process is unique in its approach and can be rather protracted depending on individual circumstances. So look for someone from your institution who has done this recently, it will save your time.

I hope this helps.

9j
thanks a lot 9j. i think no one has done credentialising for canada from my university as far as i know.
but i'll go with ur suggestion n do some more research.
will b in contact wid u.
which is ur grad college?
wht r ur plans before u complete the whole process of licence in canada?

thanks & regards,
kg

kg_bang

May 6, 2011
Regina
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2011
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
22-08-2011
Med's Request
13-12-11
Med's Done....
26-12-11
Interview........
waived.........
Passport Req..
13-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
3/2/12
LANDED..........
21st June, 2012
bugslife said:
Hi hotheart,

If you want to prepare for NPTE from here at this moment not strictly needed, you can start after your medicals or after 2nd AOR. Preparation is needed before taking the exam.. Coz as of now your are waiting for your AOR. I advise you to startup with Sullivan Rehab book and basic PT books [most part of the exam covered by basics to be frank]. The imp' book is 'BLUE BOOK'.

-BugsLife
Hi all,

which is this BLUE BOOK?

KG

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
kg_bang said:
Hi all,

which is this BLUE BOOK?

KG
I think that refers to the National Physical Therapy Exam (NPTE) Review and study guide by O'Sullivan & Siegleman. It used to be blue, I think the new edition is now green. Here's the official webpage http://www.therapyed.com/nptexamreview.htm
9j

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
kg_bang said:
thanks a lot 9j. i think no one has done credentialising for canada from my university as far as i know.
but i'll go with ur suggestion n do some more research.
will b in contact wid u.
which is ur grad college?
wht r ur plans before u complete the whole process of licence in canada?

thanks & regards,
kg
In that case,your application will be treated as a non-precedent case. It would take he Alliance a bit longer to complete your credentialing as they will need to ascertain not only the content, but the recognition status of your institution. That could take a long time. The most important advice is to ensure that your school sends as much comprehensive details of your course work as possible. Where there are differences between list of courses on the transcript and the curriculum, they need to send in extra clarification otherwise this may delay your credentialing further or may led to some of your courses not getting the due credit/recognition and my negatively impact on your eligibility.

The plan is to complete the whole process (exam and licensing) before our final relocation next year. I am booked for the 1st stage (written exam) for November. With God's help and hopefully some more preparation I will pass and then work towards the clinical exam in the early quarter of 2013. There I no major pressure for me to move on from my current job and it would work better if there is a direct transition from my current practice to my intended practice in Canada. That said, everything will depend on the outcome of the exam.

9j