+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No six month waiting for off campus Work permit from jan 2014 onwards...

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LuvDuggal said:
I agree.. nothing to be glad about until it really comes into action.. It may be another extended proposal with extended deadline as well..
Wait for CIC to take some decision , that will only give us either a reason to cherish or something to be not so happy about :) :)

Good Luck
Exactly. And for anyone here to say "From Jan 1st you don't need to have a OCWP and can work from day one" would be giving false advice. Anyone who is not so apt at checking LEGITIMATE and OFFICIAL websites for the correct information as to study permit regulations (i.e. not checking www.cic.gc.ca) and take the advice of third party could end up in a legal snag and possibly forfeit their study permit with a deportation as a result.

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Peacemaker2301 said:
That is exactly what i wanted to hear....... ;D
Some people will always make it look perfectly difficult for anything and everything. I remember such an instance where one user made POE sound like don't know what... But I haven't seen in this forum or heard if POE has been a challenge for anyone. In fact heard many experiences stating "warm welcome" at POE.

Anyway Guys this is something CIC said will implement from January 2014 and yes as far as surety of anything is concerned, you never know when the Ontario Master's program shuts down or any PNP program for that matter.

So don't go by negative comments. There is a good opportunity waiting for all students effective January 2014 so lets wait for it.

Cheers!

LuvDuggal

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
8(R-7 L-8.5 W-6 S-7.5)
sabby2612 said:
Some people will always make it look perfectly difficult for anything and everything. I remember such an instance where one user made POE sound like don't know what... But I haven't seen in this forum or heard if POE has been a challenge for anyone. In fact heard many experiences stating "warm welcome" at POE.

Anyway Guys this is something CIC said will implement from January 2014 and yes as far as surety of anything is concerned, you never know when the Ontario Master's program shuts down or any PNP program for that matter.

So don't go by negative comments. There is a good opportunity waiting for all students effective January 2014 so lets wait for it.

Cheers!
friday.h said:
Very true!! It's time to stop being cynical! Good opportunity awaits everyone this January!
Friends,

No body is being negative, its all about being precise, some candidates may feel Yes! its the only chance we can make it (earnings from the very first day) and it may become a hindrance later on if this implementations doesnt work and those candidates may fall into catch 22 situation or into deep waters

Every coin has two shades Yes it would be off great benefits and even i am waiting for this to happen, but we cant keep this out of our minds that it is still a proposed plan. We can cherish this but can not rely on this. Take steps accordingly, thats the only thing i wanted to say.

Even I am optimistic about it. It will surely happen and if it does an awesome opportunity awaits us.

Regards
Ranveer

saranjeet singh

Star Member
Aug 9, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sabby2612 said:

Cheers!
It is now officialy approved by CIC...so cheers !!

LuvDuggal

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
8(R-7 L-8.5 W-6 S-7.5)
saranjeet singh said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-offcampus-who.asp

virtu

Star Member
Aug 29, 2013
LuvDuggal said:
h t t p : / / w w w .cic. gc. ca/english/study/work-offcampus-who.asp
If it was approved, probably didnt had time to update CIC page.
Does anybody knows if this subject was mentioned in official canadian websites?

elokuu

Jun 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2015
AOR Received.
27-08-2015
File Transfer...
28-09-2015
Med's Done....
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2015
LANDED..........
02-03-2016
saranjeet singh said:
Can you please provide a source for this information?

Sweetalker

Sep 4, 2013
Toronto, Canada.
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa, Ontario.
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2014
Doc's Request.
PER: 20th August 2014
IELTS Request
8.0 Overall (7.5 Minimum)
File Transfer...
15-09-2014
Med's Request
06-11-2014
Med's Done....
15-11-2014
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-03-2015
LANDED..........
10-04-2015
I do not think if this is official as yet.

As least as per the CIC weblink. Coz it still says you need to have been a full time student for 6 months. So the rule still goes on.

But then again, this page was updated in Feb 2011.
So it has been close to 3 years. That totally dilutes the validity of this page.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sweetalker said:
I do not think if this is official as yet.

As least as per the CIC weblink. Coz it still says you need to have been a full time student for 6 months. So the rule still goes on.

But then again, this page was updated in Feb 2011.
So it has been close to 3 years. That totally dilutes the validity of this page.
WHOA! The CIC website is the official government website with the rules and regulations for Canadian Immigration. CIC is still listing the proposal (you have to go in to the news section and go back to late 2012 to find it) and since it was proposed there has been no news to it being rules as will happen on jan 1st. It is STILL a proposal. The page not being updated for three years has nothing to do with being out of date. It has't been updated because the 6 month rule has not changed yet. Simple as that.

If/when the rule changes the page will change too.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raman4949 said:
i think they have not updated because of some going on strikes.....over there
The strike is about visa officers, nothing to do with visa regulations or the running of a website. They have been updating the website with other news all the time.

You can see news releases here, dates and all.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2013/index.asp

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
SUDHARSHAN99 said:
Finally whats the conclusion ??? we hav to wait for Six Months for PGWP :mad:
unless it is officially announced u should consider there is no change to the rule . dont make plans based on information that may not happen

yusuf1989

Aug 25, 2012
i my college people got SW visa and they have applied for sin and get starting working an they all came in sept 2013 intake.
so it is sure that rules are already implemented (people came into canada after 1st sep) and in Jan 2014 it will be officially in cic site.
if u want to make sure ask any of ur friend joint college in sep 2013 intake.

virtu

Star Member
Aug 29, 2013
yusuf1989 said:
i my college people got SW visa and they have applied for sin and get starting working an they all came in sept 2013 intake.
so it is sure that rules are already implemented (people came into canada after 1st sep) and in Jan 2014 it will be officially in cic site.
if u want to make sure ask any of ur friend joint college in sep 2013 intake.
Identical situations are happening with brazilian that got their Study Permit for sep/2013 intake.