+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

No six month waiting for off campus Work permit from jan 2014 onwards...

krishk3

Aug 4, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^^^^

Bro,

This wont affect PGWP by any chance for a student from recognized universities right?? Coz this minimum 8 month rule was their earlier too.

I meant to ask are there are any changes to the duration of PGWP provided after PG or any changes in general dealing with PGWP because they are letting us to work without OCWP from day 1.

saadsdk

Sep 13, 2012
SadiqAbad
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
07-07-2013
Med's Request
22-07-2013
Med's Done....
25-07-2013
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
04-09-2013
LANDED..........
InshaAllah on 24-12-2013
WaseemWasii said:
Recently, Citizenship & Immigration Canada has proposed some changes in International Student Visa Program for Jan 2014 intake onwards as mentioned below:

A lot of prospective International Students who are planning to study in Canada are worried about the proposed changes in the Study Permit in Canada from Jan 2014, but the truth is that there are more positive changes than negative in favor of the students. There is absolutely nothing to worry about for genuine students who are attending regular classes in Public & reputed Private educational institutions in Canada. Below are the proposed changes which will further improve the quality of International Student Program once it is implemented in Jan 2014:

Attendance: All International Students will be required to register & regularly attend the educational institution in Canada for which their Study Visa has been granted, failing to which will make their status in Canada as illegal.

Handpicked Institutions: Not all Canadian educational institutions will be able to enroll international students after Jan 2014, only those institutions approved by Canadian Government will be able to receive Study Permit holders. This will filter out the some of the private institutions which are bogus & unethical which will further safe guard the international student's interest & it will be assured that they dont fall prey to these fraud institutions.

Reporting to CIC: All designated Canadian Universities & Colleges will be required to provide the regularity reports of international students to Canadian Government on regular basis.

Post Study Work Permit (PSWP) Provision: Only those foreign students graduating for the approved Canadian Universities & Colleges will be eligible for Post Study Work Permit.

PSWP Eligibility: PSWP will only be offered to Full-time students, who had regularly attended a course of minimum EIGHT months which will lead to Certificate, Diploma or Degree. Those Students who are attending short term study programs which are less than 8 months OR language programs like English & French, preparatory programs & general interest courses will not be able to apply for PSWP.

Work Off-campus without Permit: All regular foreign students attending a course of minimum EIGHT months at any approved Canadian educational institutions & holding valid study visa/permit will not be required to apply for separate Off-Campus Work Permit, they will be allowed to work 20 Hours per week on their Student Visa itself, which means there will be NO waiting period of SIX months for newly landed international students in Canada, they can work On-Campus/Off-Campus immediately after registering with their designated University or College.
Waseem can u tell me is this rule applied or its just a proposal?

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
saadsdk said:
Waseem can u tell me is this rule applied or its just a proposal?
I Have read on different Blogs and some government law websites that it will be effective from Jan 2014 : )

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
vctrokoyeeducation said:
Hi, does that mean that those of us on programs already do not need to apply for OCWP before starting off campus work once it is 6 months?
Neither OCWP nor Six Months wait is Required to Work. Student Permit will be enough to work Off Campus from jan 2014

saadengg43

Star Member
Mar 1, 2013
its a very good news for all of us who are applying as intl student... :)
can anyone post a link of reliable and official site that shows confirmed statement that it is implemented and is effective from jan 14

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
saadengg43 said:
its a very good news for all of us who are applying as intl student... :)
can anyone post a link of reliable and official site that shows confirmed statement that it is implemented and is effective from jan 14
The confirmed overview of changes proposed and implemented; (update date : January 2013)

http: // www.aved.gov.bc.ca/isp/docs/Overview-of-Proposed-Changes-to-ISP.pdf

Current Eligibility Criteria for OCWP and PWGP;

http : // www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/guide-dir.asp#part2

Change of OCWP from January 2014 - Article from non-cic website;

http: // monitor.icef.com/2013/02/new-regulations-proposed-for-student-visas-in-canada/

http: // www.transitabroad. com/canada-proposed-study-visa-rules-changes-jan-2014

(info from CIC - don't go by link; it directs you to CIC PDF) Update date : May 2013

http: //www.icef. com/fileadmin/user_upload/files/seminars/naw2013toronto/melissa_fama_update_on_canada's_international_student_program.pdf

I am missing a link from CIC website where this particular change was proposed. However, as it's not into effect at the moment. So we will get to know how exactly it works only in January 2014 when it's into effect.

One thing which is pretty much clear is; students visiting for Jan 2014 intake are pretty much eligible for this. However, the only question in mind and which hasn't been satisfied so far is for students of September 2013 intake. Will they be eligible effective January or will they have to wait for another 2 months. Hence, lets wait and watch.

tariq3267

Star Member
Feb 15, 2010
according to new proposed rules will an intl student be able to change uni or clg after landing in canada ???

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tariq3267 said:
according to new proposed rules will an intl student be able to change uni or clg after landing in canada ???
yes you can as long as you fulfill the criteria. it should be SPP listed college/uni, it's for post secondary students etc.

Peacemaker2301

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
28-09-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Passport Req..
04-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
is it true then?........i mean r u guys absolutely sure????

Peacemaker2301

Star Member
Mar 30, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
28-09-2013
Med's Done....
24-10-2013
Passport Req..
04-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2013
friday.h said:
"provided they hold a valid Study Permit and their program of study is at least six months in duration
at the post secondary level. International students would, consequently, no longer be required to apply for an Off
Campus Work Permit."

Is it only at post secondary level or post secondary and above? :-\
That is exactly what i wanted to hear....... ;D

tariq3267

Star Member
Feb 15, 2010
sabby2612 said:
yes you can as long as you fulfill the criteria. it should be SPP listed college/uni, it's for post secondary students etc.
i want to transfer from uni to clg (different states)...will it be possible??

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not going to cheer until www.cic.gc.ca updates their site that the proposal is going to be implemented. So far it's still a proposal.

LuvDuggal

Star Member
Mar 28, 2013
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vancouver
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
8(R-7 L-8.5 W-6 S-7.5)
itstime said:
I'm not going to cheer until www.cic.gc.ca updates their site that the proposal is going to be implemented. So far it's still a proposal.
I agree.. nothing to be glad about until it really comes into action.. It may be another extended proposal with extended deadline as well..
Wait for CIC to take some decision , that will only give us either a reason to cherish or something to be not so happy about :) :)

Good Luck