NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/05/2013
AOR Received.
PER 12/08/2013
Congrats Abeke

As pa your tax clerance sertificate........eventhough what is being deducted at source will show on your payslips to get the certificate you ll need to apply through your company's HR dept,they will get the certificate for you. I just pray what is being deducted at source is what they remit cos so many companies remit less than dey deduct in Nigeria guess they have their way around it anyway. All da best

Abeke said:
Okay. Thanks... My pay slip reflects how much is being deducted from my salary as tax monthly. Are you saying the Tax clearance form means the form that is supposed to show how much is being deducted as tax monthly from my salary to correspond with my payslip?

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Abeke said:
I did not attach payslips to my initial application
Send copies of your payslips now with the tax deducted potion highlighted. You can also get your employee tax number from your HR/payslip and log into your FIRS account and print the statement. Congrats, all the best.

Gandalf

Star Member
Aug 25, 2013
Abeke said:
Okay. Thanks... My pay slip reflects how much is being deducted from my salary as tax monthly. Are you saying the Tax clearance form means the form that is supposed to show how much is being deducted as tax monthly from my salary to correspond with my payslip?
The tax clearance form is if you are the one paying ur tax urself, to show that u actually did. Like if you are a business person or a legal practitioner running ur own law firm. Even before you contest for an elective office u will need to show this to get clearance. But if u are working for an organisation ur tax deductions are made before u are paid. You can meet ur finance/hr department if there is any document they can give you to reflect your tax been paid to government. Otherwise u can also go to the tax office nearest to you, with your payslip showing ur deductiona if they can give u any form as cover.

Valentine667

Star Member
Apr 4, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London visa office
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
04/oct/2016
Doc's Request.
31/11/2016
Nomination.....
11/01/2017
AOR Received.
06/07/2017
IELTS Request
Na
File Transfer...
Na
Med's Request
27/07/2017
Med's Done....
11/08/2017
Interview........
Na
Passport Req..
Very soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soonest
LANDED..........
Abeke said:
Good Morning my people.

I give God all the glory for receiving my MR this morning.

Please I am also asked to provide additional documents below;

- Updated proof of funds (a letter from the bank with your balance indicated is not sufficient)

- Payslips and tax clearance form

1. Please note I submitted a bank letter with over 3m naira for family of 3 last year. my family composition has not changed so I wonder why they said I have insufficient balance.
2. What is tax clearance form. I need your opinion on what this is and how to go about it
My conclusion from this is that your Visa processing officer want to be sure may be there is no bulk deposit in the money you provided as POF. Take notice that some officer might ignore this while some will want to see the statement at all cost. my advise is that you should try and get the 6 months statement and send to them.

Abeke

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2013
AOR Received.
PER - Aug 26 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Sep 9th 2014
Med's Done....
Sep 23rd -medicals received
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 8th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 22nd 2014
Gandalf said:
The tax clearance for is if you are the one paying ur tax urself, to show that u actually did. Like if you are a business person or a legal practitioner running ur own law firm. Even before you contest for an elective office u will need to show this to get clearance. But if u are working for an organisation ur tax deductions are made before u are paid. You can meet ur finance department if there is any document they can give you as tax clearance. Otherwise u can also go to the tax office nearest to you, with your payslip showing ur deductiona if they can give u any form as cover.
Thanks to everyone. I really appreciate your input on this. My concern is they are not asking for Tax clearance certificate.... But a Tax Clearance form. Atleast they stated Police clearance certificate clearly

Aijaynwoke

Sep 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
Nomination.....
16-12-2013
Med's Request
03-10-2014
Med's Done....
16-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-12-2014
LANDED..........
Abeke said:
Good Morning my people.

- Updated proof of funds (a letter from the bank with your balance indicated is not sufficient)

1. Please note I submitted a bank letter with over 3m naira for family of 3 last year. my family composition has not changed so I wonder why they said I have insufficient balance.
2. What is tax clearance form. I need your opinion on what this is and how to go about it.

Congrats Abeke! Required documents plenty oh, anyway I suggest you get 6 - 12months. Statement of your acct maybe they want to know ur source of fund, then 6 months payslip with your tax reflecting on the slip. Also write a cover letter to explain how you pay your tax if is difficult to obtain the certificate and any bulk credit in your acct. How many day did they give you? To God be the glory.

RonD75

Star Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-12-2013
Nomination.....
06-02-2014
Med's Request
28- 10- 2014
Med's Done....
31- 10- 2014
Passport Req..
02- 12- 2014
VISA ISSUED...
12- 12- 2014
LANDED..........
2015 IJN
Abeke said:
Thanks to everyone. I really appreciate your input on this. My concern is they are not asking for Tax clearance certificate.... But a Tax Clearance form. Atleast they stated Police clearance certificate clearly

Congrats abeke, I think to be on d safe side u should send pay slip highlighting the deductible, any form of tax clearance be it form or certicate as the case may be. Even a print out of you account from the tax site. Don't leave nothing to chance. It's better u provide them with all than with less.

Abeke

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2013
AOR Received.
PER - Aug 26 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Sep 9th 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 8th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 22nd 2014
Aijaynwoke said:
Congrats Abeke! Required documents plenty oh, anyway I suggest you get 6 - 12months. Statement of your acct maybe they want to know ur source of fund, then 6 months payslip with your tax reflecting on the slip. Also write a cover letter to explain how you pay your tax if is difficult to obtain the certificate and any bulk credit in your acct. How many day did they give you? To God be the glory.
Thanks. They gave me 30days to do everything... I will do as advised

xtreme

Feb 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
Abeke said:
Good Morning my people.

2. What is tax clearance form. I need your opinion on what this is and how to go about it.
Congrats

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
Abeke said:
Congrats Abeke...Pls do as advised above and especially do a cover note to explain any area you think they will need clarification as you will not be there to answer any questions they have....it will surely end in joy!!!!

Canadian mum

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
Abeke said:
Good Morning my people.

Congrats Abeke! in addition to what everyone has said you can also attach a copy of your valid electronic tax card if you have and also a cover letter to further explain how the system works here. for example, the e-tcc is only issued to individuals who have fulfilled the requirement of the Personal Income Tax Act.

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
My people what do you advise?....do you think i should contact AVO at this time concerning MR...as my app was received- 17th May 2013
PER received-29th July 2013
The reason is bcos going by what is happening here on the forum forumites who applied around that period in may have gotten their MRs like Floxy etal.
Also I initially used P.O box as my mailing option, but when I had addition to my family in september 2013, I notified AVO via the online platform as well as DHL and told them to change my mailing option to my Email add....I have gone to the post office to check nothing there...somebody talk to me o...am becoming slightly nervous o...

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
Abeke said:
Congrats Abeke. 6 months statement will do. Get receipts (receipts showing name of company, email, phone num) for any bulk amount representing sales of anything that will reflect in the account.

Tax clearance as defined by our consultant is not just payslip. I am certain some provincial govts recognise ONLY the one from Alausa. Can't say for CIC. Sending u a pm.

Abeke

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 12 2013
AOR Received.
PER - Aug 26 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Sep 9th 2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
Oct 8th 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 30th 2014
LANDED..........
Dec 22nd 2014
I want to say a big thank you to everyone that has responded to my post and for your candid advise. You guys rock. God bless you all

oreke

Star Member
Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2013
File Transfer...
03-12-2013
Med's Request
06-10-2014
Med's Done....
17-10-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
march 2015
@ABEKE do u have an electronic tax card from LIRS (not FIRS)? If u have , use the TIN number to log on to lirs website (http://www.lasg-ebs-rcm.com) and go to LOGIN and use ur e-tax log on details. U will be able to confirm if ur employer is paying ur tax or not. From there , print the pages showing ur tax remittances and also make copy of ur e-tax card and include in the documents to be submitted to AVO. I have done this before when i had a transaction with lagos state govt and also lastma. or go to ALPHABETA CONSULTING LIMITED LIABILITY PARTNERSHIP, 1st Floor,Lagos State Water Corporation Headquarters,Ijora Causesway, Ijora Lagos.e-mail: info@alpha-beta.net). Wishing u the best!