+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nigerian Applicants for MPNP 2014 timelines....abeg!

Famm73

Jun 11, 2014
Hello Everyone

I am new on the forum and found that this discussion has been helpful. I am married, a Nigerian, we are planning to put in our MPNP application soon, still gathering documents. My female first cousin (also married) is willing to support the application. Please I need clarification/assistance on the questions below:

i. what type of document do i need to provide to proof that we are cousins (her father and my mum are siblings)? I don't want to get it wrong
ii. The sum in my salary account is about a quarter of the required sum. We deliberately put some funds in a fixed deposit account, planning to use both the statement of account and fixed deposit certificate as evidence of proof of settlement fund. Is this okay or must the entire sum be in my salary account?
iii. The property we have does not have title yet but signed agreement between us and the seller. is it okay to use the agreement and valuation report as evidence of real estate?

I would appreciate information on these concerns. Thank you.

JI JI IRAWO

Jun 13, 2012
Lagos , Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 JAN 2015 NS PAPER APPL
Nomination.....
5th MAY, 2015
AOR Received.
3rd MARCH, 2015 (NS); 2nd JUNE, 2015 (CIC)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT MEDICAL 27th MAY, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
5th OCTOBER, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
19th OCTOBER, 2015
LANDED..........
on 22nd December, 2015
@Famm73 ,
answers to questions :
1. The maiden name of ur cousin and the maiden name of ur mum and her sibling (ur cousins's dad) must tally. and this must be evidenced in a copy of birth certificates of both ur mum and that of his brother (cousin's father). Then evidence that ur cousin is now married and has a name change will assist to convince immigration officers that you can really apply on the "family stream" rather that a distant / friend (general) stream.
2. u can use a combination of savings acct, current account and fixed deposit and even a copy of ur pension statement to prove that u have sufficient monies/funds that will enable u apply.

I welcome contributions from other knowledgeable forumites.

Thanks ,
Ji Ji IRAWO

TeeOMISORE

Jun 2, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 26, 2014
Nomination.....
Dec 30, 2015
AOR Received.
May 17, 2016
IELTS Request
Submitted with MPNP Application
Med's Request
13-06-2017
Med's Done....
20-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-9-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2017
LANDED..........
03-12-2017
@ Famm73,

Welcome to the MPNP 2014 naija cruise ship... ;D...i will try to answer your questions as best i can as i'm not an expert, anyone who disagrees please correct me or add more info to this.

Q1.
Since she is your first cousin and her father is your uncle, if i were you this is a list of docs i would produce to prove this;

a. scanned copy of your uncle's birth certificate or record of birth.

b. scanned copy of your mother's birth certificate or record of birth which must show the same surname as your uncle's (i.e. your cousin's dad).

c. scanned copy of your own birth certificate or record of birth showing your mother's name.

d. scanned copy of your mother's marriage certificate proving your own maiden surname.

e. scanned copy of your cousin's birth certificate or record of birth showing the same surname as your mother' maiden surname and your uncle's (this should be easy since her father is your uncle and he is the link that preserves that surname).

e. scanned copy of your cousin's marriage certificate to explain her surname change and serve as further proof of the common maiden surname she share's with her father and your mother's maiden surname.

f. a scanned copy of your family tree. make it a diagram that explains your connection from your maternal grandparents to your uncle and your mother to you and your cousin.

i believe this should be ok as i have read about these family tree stuff helping out the application. also as you upload each document you can explain how they each prove your connection as there is space to do this for each uploaded document.

Q2. please you can use the sum in your salary account as shown in a 3mth or 6 mth statement of account, then show the rest sum in a fixed deposit certificate. this is the exact thing we did to prove funds we fixed some and showed some in our account this is because the fixed sum is in USD we don't want to devalue the money or touch it in anyway until we settle in Manitoba, so the two can be used in this way.

Q3. since you don't have the title to your land yet, i wouldn't advice you to use it as this is the main proof they need that the land is totally yours. i would advice that if the funds in your account and fixed deposit make up the the approved settlement fund or is even more for the size of your family, then please by all means use just these as liquid funds which are readily transferred in you or your spouses name is more agreeable.

i hope this helps to some extent.

TeeOMISORE.

TeeOMISORE

Jun 2, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 26, 2014
Nomination.....
Dec 30, 2015
AOR Received.
May 17, 2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-06-2017
Med's Done....
20-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-9-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2017
LANDED..........
03-12-2017
@O Gucci,

aside from various certifications, one can learn almost anything that will be useful, i was talking to my husband about sharpening my DJ skills, he laughed but i am really serious oooo, aside from office job i have an aunty who lives in ireland, is 40 years old with 3 kids, but during the weekends she works at parties either as a clown or a photographer. she is a manager at her work place but took part time classes in photography, she dey hammer well. so pple may laugh here but i am quite serious as weekends can be used to DJ at naija children party, weddings or if my leg reach there...oyinbo party sef... 8) ;D...abi.

lilbro

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2013
Nomination.....
7-11-2013
AOR Received.
13-02-2014
Med's Request
18-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2014
LANDED..........
18-12-2014
Well said TeeOMISORE. @ Famm73 i guess u understand everything explained to details here these are the best andwers u can ever get althoug i replied to ur message on my inbox b4 coming here.stay blessed

TeeOMISORE said:
@ Famm73,

Welcome to the MPNP 2014 naija cruise ship... ;D...i will try to answer your questions as best i can as i'm not an expert, anyone who disagrees please correct me or add more info to this.

Q1.
Since she is your first cousin and her father is your uncle, if i were you this is a list of docs i would produce to prove this;

a. scanned copy of your uncle's birth certificate or record of birth.

b. scanned copy of your mother's birth certificate or record of birth which must show the same surname as your uncle's (i.e. your cousin's dad).

c. scanned copy of your own birth certificate or record of birth showing your mother's name.

d. scanned copy of your mother's marriage certificate proving your own maiden surname.

e. scanned copy of your cousin's birth certificate or record of birth showing the same surname as your mother' maiden surname and your uncle's (this should be easy since her father is your uncle and he is the link that preserves that surname).

e. scanned copy of your cousin's marriage certificate to explain her surname change and serve as further proof of the common maiden surname she share's with her father and your mother's maiden surname.

f. a scanned copy of your family tree. make it a diagram that explains your connection from your maternal grandparents to your uncle and your mother to you and your cousin.

i believe this should be ok as i have read about these family tree stuff helping out the application. also as you upload each document you can explain how they each prove your connection as there is space to do this for each uploaded document.

Q2. please you can use the sum in your salary account as shown in a 3mth or 6 mth statement of account, then show the rest sum in a fixed deposit certificate. this is the exact thing we did to prove funds we fixed some and showed some in our account this is because the fixed sum is in USD we don't want to devalue the money or touch it in anyway until we settle in Manitoba, so the two can be used in this way.

Q3. since you don't have the title to your land yet, i wouldn't advice you to use it as this is the main proof they need that the land is totally yours. i would advice that if the funds in your account and fixed deposit make up the the approved settlement fund or is even more for the size of your family, then please by all means use just these as liquid funds which are readily transferred in you or your spouses name is more agreeable.

i hope this helps to some extent.

TeeOMISORE.

ayayombo

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-02-2014
AOR Received.
24-02-2014
File Transfer...
31-03-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2014
LANDED..........
Sept 2014
TeeOMISORE said:
@ maikudi,

Bros thanks for your advice, i dont know about ICAN OR ACCA, but he is going to enrol for CISA, also when we get to manitoba by God's grace, he has to enrol at the securities institute to become a certified Personal financial planner, this however will be the start of a long line of certifications he will have to get to become a chartered canadian banker...na wah...God is able. me however, i dont have a lot of certifications to do, i will have to be in manitoba to know the training i will need as my job will involve marketing, sales and regulation matters in the oil and gas industry...but i am also looking at their agriculture industry as their oil and gas sector is not so prominent...i want to seriously sharpen my excel skills, what else do you think i can begin to do in the line of improving myself. your advice is always appreciated.

TeeOMISORE
I would advise that your husband enrols for ACCA.

Ogeorge

Dec 27, 2013
LAGOS NIGERIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MPNP 13-07-2013
Doc's Request.
NONE
Nomination.....
MPNP 27-05-2015
AOR Received.
CIC SUBMISSION 10-07-2015/ CIC AOR 14-09-2015
IELTS Request
NONE
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
27-05-2016
Med's Done....
02-06-2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24-06-2016
Hiya all,

Am so glad that loads of people in this forum have the kind of mindset i have about our Nigeria. As i tell my friends, i will rather be a servant in Heaven than be a king in Hell (if you all understand what i mean). I realised how backward and poor i was despite working a bank for many years when i 1st set my foot in the UK. I just got back from the UK for my Masters where my wife delivered our last baby for FREE and had the best of healthcare you can imagine while my older baby was going to school for free.........i now realised why people go abroad to give birth and made a promise that NEVER again will my wife deliver again in Nigeria!!!

I made my application since July 2013 and haven't heard from them, i pray all goes well and i wish all of us our Heart desires as we wait for LOA.

theoese

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-2-2014(mpnp)&24-12-2014(received by CIC)
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
30-11-2014
AOR Received.
15-4-2015(xep) & 5-5-2015(EP)
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
18/08/2015
Med's Done....
25/08/2015
Interview........
28/11/2014(mpnp)
Passport Req..
15/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/09/2015
LANDED..........
waiting
Mercy4life said:
Stuff to bring when coming to Canada.

1. Bring the phone or Tablets that you are presently using. This will save you up to 50% of phone contract payment.
2. Please buy some couple of clothes like jeans, shirts and some natives either Yoruba or Igbo attire, you will need it. Please don't forget your shoes that you will be wearing around before you finally settle down and start buying stuff.
3. For parents, endeavour to come with the records of your children's immunization; this will help them get admitted into kindergarten or elementary school. (It is a strong requirement). Also it will help your new Canadian doctor to know where your Nigerian doctors stopped.
4. It is also important that you come along with all letters of recommendations, drawings if you work as an Architect or an Engineer and all your works as these will help you prove that you have experience in the job you will be looking for. It is also a pre-requisite for you to get a more professional job or admission at the university.
5. Please bring plenty of menthol based cream like, ROBB, ABONIKI and the likes. You will need it in winter.
6. Please bring African foods because they are expensive here.
7. Please bring passport photographs that conforms to the specifications indicated by CIC on their website. Taking passport photograph at Walmart or Shoppers drug mart are very expensive. $26.00 plus 13% tax for 2 copies.
8. Bring along your valid driver's license with which you are eligible to drive for 90 days and get accustomed to their road laws and all that. You will also need the same driver license in the process of obtaining your class 5A Canadian license. Here no be like Naija ooo....lol

These will suffice for now. I Will provide more information as time goes on. Wish you all God's speed and cheers
@mercy4life
You are Gods gift to this forum ooo.iv taken note of every detail uv mentioned.we really appreciate this info.abeg keep them coming.cheersss

theoese

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
30-11-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
18/08/2015
Med's Done....
25/08/2015
Interview........
28/11/2014(mpnp)
Passport Req..
15/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/09/2015
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi. Guys,
I also wanted to add that for those considering taking professional certificates like ICAN,CISCO,MICROSOFT.....you can actually take them here to boost ur profile when u land in canada.Cos there's no such thing as ICAN-NIGERIA or ICAN USA.its universal.just like IELTS. ;D I personally am going to pursue nursing as the medical field has always been my passion.I studied mcbiology,wanted medicine tho. I can't even think of medicine now abeg,that na longggggggg tin.
Also, on the real estate matter,we just used our receipt and valuation report.my take is that,its better to 'over-do' than 'under-do' ;D any document wey dem no need,make dem blank am themselves.
Another thing also guys, my husbnd and I already had our credentials evaluated. We used WES. That's one more huddle crossed.I don't have to worry about that web we get there and d beauty about the WES package we chose is that we'd have NOTHING more to do with our. Nija schools anymore(transcript wahala) all we need do is contact WES and deyl send a copy of our transcript and evaluation report to the school/licencing body.shikena. ;D
God bless our hustle and let's keep up the energy.good news all d the way peeps.
Cheers
Theoese

xtreme

Feb 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
Ogeorge said:
Hiya all,

Am so glad that loads of people in this forum have the kind of mindset i have about our Nigeria. As i tell my friends, i will rather be a servant in Heaven than be a king in Hell (if you all understand what i mean). I realised how backward and poor i was despite working a bank for many years when i 1st set my foot in the UK. I just got back from the UK for my Masters where my wife delivered our last baby for FREE and had the best of healthcare you can imagine while my older baby was going to school for free.........i now realised why people go abroad to give birth and made a promise that NEVER again will my wife deliver again in Nigeria!!!

I made my application since July 2013 and haven't heard from them, i pray all goes well and i wish all of us our Heart desires as we wait for LOA.
By the grace of God you would receive favourable and positive responses. Amen

TeeOMISORE

Jun 2, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 26, 2014
Nomination.....
Dec 30, 2015
AOR Received.
May 17, 2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-06-2017
Med's Done....
20-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-9-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2017
LANDED..........
03-12-2017
@ ayayombo,

Thanks for the advice, i told him the same thing, but my husband is a bit obstinate about doing anymore certifications in Naija, reasons been that i can't lie, Naija has not in anyway been fair to him, he keeps saying all the one he has studied with millions of naira, what value has it added to his life here in Nigeria... :D... that's why he will only get trained in stuff like forklift operation and the likes here, then when we are in Manitoba, he will start certifications...we did extensive research and talked with our sponsor whose brother is a banker in Manitoba...the guy has given him a list of certifications to be done part time only in the Canadian securities institute tailored to their needs...the exact ones he did to get where he is now...so you see, my husband will find it very hard to do ACCA as all he wants is to save up and be in Manitoba by yesterday... :) :D ;D

@ Theoese,

my dear, abeg is it compulsory for even my husband and I whose professions are not regulated to have our documents assessed and did you add the assessment report to your MPNP application as i know they did not ask for any, i just felt even if we needed to get our credentials assessed we would do this after we get our LOA...pls kindly reply...Thanks

TeeOMISORE

TeeOMISORE

Jun 2, 2014
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
May 26, 2014
Nomination.....
Dec 30, 2015
AOR Received.
May 17, 2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-06-2017
Med's Done....
20-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-9-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-10-2017
LANDED..........
03-12-2017
@ogeorge,

your post make me laugh no b small ;D and congrats on the birth of your baby...why is your application taking this long or did you do paper application by mail?...i know God will surprise you soon and reward your long wait...lets all simply be patient. In God's special time testimonies will begin to flood this forum IJN Amen.

theoese

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
30-11-2014
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
18/08/2015
Med's Done....
25/08/2015
Interview........
28/11/2014(mpnp)
Passport Req..
15/09/2015
VISA ISSUED...
25/09/2015
LANDED..........
waiting
TeeOMISORE said:
@ ayayombo,

Thanks for the advice, i told him the same thing, but my husband is a bit obstinate about doing anymore certifications in Naija, reasons been that i can't lie, Naija has not in anyway been fair to him, he keeps saying all the one he has studied with millions of naira, what value has it added to his life here in Nigeria... :D... that's why he will only get trained in stuff like forklift operation and the likes here, then when we are in Manitoba, he will start certifications...we did extensive research and talked with our sponsor whose brother is a banker in Manitoba...the guy has given him a list of certifications to be done part time only in the Canadian securities institute tailored to their needs...the exact ones he did to get where he is now...so you see, my husband will find it very hard to do ACCA as all he wants is to save up and be in Manitoba by yesterday... :) :D ;D

@ Theoese,

my dear, abeg is it compulsory for even my husband and I whose professions are not regulated to have our documents assessed and did you add the assessment report to your MPNP application as i know they did not ask for any, i just felt even if we needed to get our credentials assessed we would do this after we get our LOA...pls kindly reply...Thanks

TeeOMISORE
@TeeOMISOoRE,
It's not compulsory at all oooooo! At all at all! But I was trying to answer someone's question about "what can we do in the mean time" and it's just a suggestion that I did mine,just to get that out of the way.e no dey compulsory at allllll. My sister,u see ds manitoba of a place, I eat sleep and dream it!!!! Make God just grant our hearts desires oooooo.ameeennnnn!

xtreme

Feb 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-12-2013
Med's Request
03-01-2014
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
02-09-2014
theoese said:
@ TeeOMISOoRE,
It's not compulsory at all oooooo! At all at all! But I was trying to answer someone's question about "what can we do in the mean time" and it's just a suggestion that I did mine,just to get that out of the way.e no dey compulsory at allllll. My sister,u see ds manitoba of a place, I eat sleep and dream it!!!! Make God just grant our hearts desires oooooo.ameeennnnn!
yea its not compulsory but as u likely said while waiting you can do all forms of certifications and learn more skills as much as you can.
God will see us all through.

Ogeorge

Dec 27, 2013
LAGOS NIGERIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ghana Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MPNP 13-07-2013
Doc's Request.
NONE
Nomination.....
MPNP 27-05-2015
AOR Received.
CIC SUBMISSION 10-07-2015/ CIC AOR 14-09-2015
IELTS Request
NONE
File Transfer...
NONE
Med's Request
27-05-2016
Med's Done....
02-06-2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
24-06-2016
Hiya,

I applied online under the General Stream category cos it was my friend that supported me.

As per the length of time.....hmmmmm.....na only GOD fit determine that ooo