+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NIGERIA APPLICANT PLEASE LET US NETWORK.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Right,

LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT AT ALAUSA IS A BETTER AND CHEAPER PLACE TO NOTARISE YOUR DOCUMENT.I WENT WITH MY FRIEND LAST MONTH AND WAS AMAZED,200 PER PAGE.

Ig

Badmus

Star Member
Sep 28, 2005
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2005
LANDED..........
July '19
igbehinadara said:
Right,

LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT AT ALAUSA IS A BETTER AND CHEAPER PLACE TO NOTARISE YOUR DOCUMENT.I WENT WITH MY FRIEND LAST MONTH AND WAS AMAZED,200 PER PAGE.

Ig
Ig,

you are too much, it's like you are from Ijebu lol

lnd_dan

Jun 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2013
Nomination.....
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-05-2013
File Transfer...
14-08-2013
Med's Request
28-08-2013
Med's Done....
29-08-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-10-2013
LANDED..........
19-10-2013
hello friends,
i thot since we studied in English we dont need to notarize our doc?
please can someone share his/her timline
i have submitted since 7th June and have not heard anything from CIC Ghana.

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
lnd_dan said:
hello friends,
ALL PHOTOCOPIES ARE SUPPOSED TO BE NOTORISED WHETEHR IN ENGLISH OR NOT. IF YOU DID NOT DO THIS BEFORE SUBMITTING TO GHANA , THEN YOU HAD BETTER FIND A WAY OF DOING IT AND SENDING IT WITH A COVERING LETTER TO GHANA

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
Right said:
Tinu,

Are you in Lagos?

Where did you do your notarization and how much was charged? Is it per page or every documents together?

Please reply.
Am in Abuja not lagos. They say they will charge par page after much negotiations, the lawyer said he will collect N40,000.00 for about 26 documents i feel its very expensive but its like i dont have a choice. I read what IG said but i dont know if they accept Local goverment or even court i thought its just notary public that can do it.

Olabisi2010

May 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tinuadeadebola said:
Am in Abuja not lagos. They say they will charge par page after much negotiations, the lawyer said he will collect N40,000.00 for about 26 documents i feel its very expensive but its like i dont have a choice. I read what IG said but i dont know if they accept Local goverment or even court i thought its just notary public that can do it.
Hi Tinu,

Check the following guide for your concern. These are the provisions contained in the Guides from the Canadian Immigration Commission.

Certified copies or notarized documents
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

 „„I certify that this is a true copy of the original document‟‟
 the name of the original document
 the date of the certification
 his or her name
 his or her official position or title
 his or her signature

Who can certify copies? People authorized to certify copies include the following:

In Canada:
 a commissioner of oaths
 a notary public
 a justice of the peace

Outside Canada:
 a judge
 a magistrate
 a notary public
 an officer of a court of justice
 a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living

I hope these have address your concerns.

Cheers

Olabisi

lukeke

Feb 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
LANDED..........
March 2013
tinuadeadebola said:
Hi,

Did you mean to say N4,000? Aba N40,000.00 is TOO much! I'm in Lagos and got same number of documents notarised by a notary public at a sum of N5,000.00 i.e. at rate of N250 per document. I suggest you try and locate another notary public who will be reasonable with his/her pricing. I had to do this too as another notary public said he'll do it at N1,000 per document. Beside what Olabisi wrote/said remember to get the notary public's stamp on each document.

Wishing you God's favour and guidance.

Jada

Apr 26, 2009
Nigeria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 31st 2012
Olabisi2010 said:
Hi Tinu,

Check the following guide for your concern. These are the provisions contained in the Guides from the Canadian Immigration Commission.

Certified copies or notarized documents
To have a photocopy of a document certified, an authorized person must compare the original document to the photocopy and must print the following on the photocopy:

 „„I certify that this is a true copy of the original document‟‟
 the name of the original document
 the date of the certification
 his or her name
 his or her official position or title
 his or her signature

Who can certify copies? People authorized to certify copies include the following:

In Canada:
 a commissioner of oaths
 a notary public
 a justice of the peace

Outside Canada:
 a judge
 a magistrate
 a notary public
an officer of a court of justice
 a commissioner authorized to administer oaths in the country in which the person is living

I hope these have address your concerns.

Cheers

Olabisi
Tinu,unless you are hell bent on a notary public, I believe an officer of a court of justice will do just fine. I used one when I had to notarize documents to respond to a query as I had just moved to a new state and could not start looking for a notary public. I was charged N200 a page.

lnd_dan said:
hello friends,
My first impulse was to lash you but since we're here to help each other.... :D
Read the guidelines and follow them. The guidelines don't say "If you studied in English then don't notarize". How else can they know if a document is genuine or not? I sincerely hope you did not submit documents without notarizing them. All the best to you.

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
Badmus,

You are right,na ijebu proper.we must learn to discuss and compare note.The essence of this thread.

Tinu,

The justice department arm of the LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT,l said and not local govt.Local government are well acceptable too.If you have a trusted family in lagos ,you can send it down and get it done without having to pay through your nose(Owo won lode o)

Lagos state is good,faster and in minutes you're done

Kechy

Jul 18, 2010
Thanks very much Tinu.
I have visited the sites and gotten all the info needed.

unfortuantely,i did the free assesment an d my kid sister didnt score up to 67,scored just 64.
I initially thought dat being a nurse qualifies her but i found out there are other factors considered.
She has her RN wc she got after three years of study from a federal school of nursing with more than one year but less tthan two years work experince and this didnt fetch enof points.

I am trying to explore other options like the provincial nominee,care giver and even job offer if dats possible.though i dont know yet how these ones work.
hopefully i will get something but if not i might have to relax while she gets more work experience or gets additional qualification,we will to apply.
she might just go bak to school for her B.sc before applying so as to get more points from dat.the only reason though i dont want dis option is dat at the end she still needs to go bak to school in canada and i was hoping if she could get the visa she will just do the studies there rather dan spending anoda 4 years studying when the qulaifcation might not be so recognised out there.

E no easy oooo.

dreamteam

Star Member
Nov 26, 2008
Tinu if youare in Lagos,go to Sabo High court,i have NEVER done notery's public for more than 250naira per page with seal and it has never been rejected anywhere i have sent them,US,Uk Canada etc.go to anywhere in ABuja where they do affidavit,those guys know it all.or you could get in touch with Soj on the forum,he knows a lot abt it.please how do i carry cash or prove my funds at prot of entry?

TJ2010

Jun 5, 2010
In osun state I used to certify document as true copy of the original for just N30 per page at the high court. And what they normally print on it with the stamp is similar to what is requested for the canada visa. its clear they didnt insist on notorization . Certification as true copy is equally accepted. I am sending my document next week, I am planning to do this. Any comment, objectionor, advice

igbehinadara

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Avo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Dec 2015
Nomination.....
Nov 2016
IELTS Request
NA
VISA ISSUED...
July 2017
LANDED..........
October 2017
TJ2010,

I would say be careful.I have never had of such fee for certifying document.If you are in Lagos,pls notarise in Lagos,avoid anything that will jeopardise your chances (OMO IYA).This people are looking for ways to send application back,pls and pls,cross your I's and dot your tee'S.

Anyone with other advice or suggestions ,pls contribute meaningfully.

Ig

Awoderu A.A

Jul 22, 2010
Ikorodu Lagos
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-MAY-2010
Doc's Request.
29-OCT-2010
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-10-2010
IELTS Request
29-10-2010
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS - 3-MARCH-2012
Med's Request
6-MARCH-2012
Well, it is quite expensive over here in lagos.My brother notorised his own in Sagamu at the rate of N100 per page.He has gotten his PR and is now in canada with his family.That is where i intend doing mine too

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dreamteam said:
Tinu if youare in Lagos,go to Sabo High court,i have NEVER done notery's public for more than 250naira per page with seal and it has never been rejected anywhere i have sent them,US,Uk Canada etc.go to anywhere in ABuja where they do affidavit,those guys know it all.or you could get in touch with Soj on the forum,he knows a lot abt it.please how do i carry cash You can carry them in liquid form if you want, I did. You can also consider travelers check.or prove my funds at prot of entry?